JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
_nc_ohc=VXUwjGdYAkMAX8pDfaG&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.jpg

Making preparations for a long evening of decapping and FLR of about 700 rounds of 7.5x55 Swiss. See, here in UK that's the maximum I'm allowed at any one time, and now that I've bought another ammo safe, I fully intend to keep it full up...

Looking for 4 or 5 propane tanks in the 20-30 lb size at a reasonable price…
… may need to change that to an in-reasonable price! :s0092:
Ranch & Home was selling that size and more a few weeks back (June-August) for what I thought was a reasonable price. Haven't checked my local store lately...

Soon as I get home, will vacuum seal about 9lbs of plum slices I freeze dried, will defrost and load another batch, pick more plums from my tree and prep them for freeze drying...

Opened a can of Nalley's Thick Chili with a "best by" date of 2013

Nuked it and ate it with cornbread.

If you don't hear from me by tomorrow, you will know I died from botulism. :D
If the can wasn't bulged or dented or otherwise compromised, and stored in a cool environment, you are probably good to go. Considering once those cans are filled/sealed, they're subject to high-heat to kill any contaminant's…

If the can wasn't bulged or dented or otherwise compromised, and stored in a cool environment, you are probably good to go. Considering once those cans are filled/sealed, they're subject to high-heat to kill any contaminant's…
I've had decent luck with canned meat products - including fish. It has been fruit and veggies that have burst or leaked.

Opened a can of Nalley's Thick Chili with a "best by" date of 2013

Nuked it and ate it with cornbread.

If you don't hear from me by tomorrow, you will know I died from botulism. :D
I grabbed a bunch of these cheap with a 2020 best buy date, eaten both types I got, bland but edible...

Tempted to freeze dry them.

20220829_192858.jpg

I grabbed a bunch of these cheap with a 2020 best buy date, eaten both types I got, bland but edible...

Tempted to freeze dry them.

View attachment 1284698
The nice things about retort packaging is that it can be frozen, so it can be stored where temps drop below freezing. Canned goods with water in them not so much. OTOH, they are not resistant to rodents or other pests that can chew thru the packaging.

I have a number of Tasty Bite meals in retort packages, and they are indeed "tasty". Costco has various ones at various times.

_nc_ohc=XXYN29a-hh0AX_jirov&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.jpg

I have noticed, to no big surprise, but more than I expected, that a lightweight smaller chainsaw incurs a lot less effort than a powerful larger chainsaw. The cheap Echo saw I got as a part of a trade, requires a lot less effort than my Stihl 461, even though it bogs down sometimes. The chain causes more vibration, the low quality of the saw (compared to the Stihl) is readily apparent, but I find myself using it a lot more than the Stihl.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads