JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I installed the lights on my receiver. I tested them first. Going to need to wire them in somewhere.

They won't work on my pickup because the bumper is too close to the receiver - I would have to take the bumper off, not worth the hassle, I could get a light strip instead, and I probably will.
Maybe an inexpensive extension might help? Dunno….

Just remember it's back there! Or you'll bash your knees/shins etc.

I installed the lights on my receiver. I tested them first. Going to need to wire them in somewhere.

They won't work on my pickup because the bumper is too close to the receiver - I would have to take the bumper off, not worth the hassle, I could get a light strip instead, and I probably will.

The LED bulbs I got for my marker lights are too long to fit under the lens, so I will look for some others. The ones I got are 1156 which are supposed to interchange with 69, but these do not. I will try to use them on the pickup which takes 1156 for backup and turn signals. I noticed the driver side front turn signal isn't working - the lens is cracked so the bulb is probably kaput.

I want to get some new headlights for the pickup too, but I am going to make sure I can remove the stock ones first. The front sheet metal on the pickup is tweaked a bit. I might just get some LED lights I can put on the push bar instead.
The backup lights for my pickup truck are the 1156 ones. My head lamps are H6054 lamps. I was able to replace my head lights with LED one instead and are much brighter the halogen ones. They will hopefully last many years since in the wintertime I drive with headlights both coming and going to work and I was tried of changing one and then other over the years many times over the past 30 years.

Maybe an inexpensive extension might help? Dunno….

Just remember it's back there! Or you'll bash your knees/shins etc.
that would probably work

i was looking at this too:

But the square portion of it is 2" - it needs to be 2.5"

The backup lights for my pickup truck are the 1156 ones. My head lamps are H6054 lamps. I was able to replace my head lights with LED one instead and are much brighter the halogen ones. They will hopefully last many years since in the wintertime I drive with headlights both coming and going to work and I was tried of changing one and then other over the years many times over the past 30 years.
Same for my pickup -'92 Toyota 4x4 XCab

I taught my neices, nephews, and a few neighborhood kids firearms saftey, and brought out a few 22 rifles and pistols so they could practice. My 9 year old neice had laser focus and wants to go to the range.

Correction from previous entry as per BBC site:
Data from Johns Hopkins University shows that the seven-day average of deaths currently stands at over 400, with more than 3,000 dead in the last week.

I had intended to pick just a few clusters of our green seedless grapes, but ended up with almost 17 pounds of them. So now, I'm getting the juicer ready. Not sure how much juice we'll get from these, but there are a lot more grapes still on the vine.

633DD703-092C-441E-ADDD-F717799D4825.jpeg

First rinse.

D9D932C1-42CE-4EEE-ACEE-729332EA76EE.jpeg

Second rinse.

1D56260D-D1A0-41BB-B33C-9E70C841290B.jpeg

Into the juicer.

ECFB91C4-6E90-4B17-B07A-6DF0A3F895AD.jpeg

The first half-gallon.

034084EE-A087-4A82-9716-8D7A6EA60A02.jpeg

Last Edited:
I had intended to pick just a few clusters of our green seedless grapes, but ended up with almost 17 pounds of them. So now, I'm getting the juicer ready. Not sure how much juice we'll get from these, but there are a lot more grapes still on the vine.

View attachment 1279509
Our friends have been giving us their excess grapes the last two years, to the tune of about 100 pounds each year. We've found that a pound of grapes, stems included, makes a pint of juice. Leaving the grapes on the stems in the juicer allows the steam to get to more surface area for more complete juice recovery. They have Thomcords, Reliance, Jupiter, Interlachen, Diamond Muscat, Venus, and 47619(Not anymore. Too unpredictable). Twenty-four plants will yield 500-600 pounds of grapes in a good year. They've been teaching us the tricks and I started seven plants for us this year.

Not finished yet, wiring is temporary, but I did enough to test them out; bought and installed this:
71vxfDPYmZL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Onto my truck (unfortunately, will not fit on my pickup - the bumper is too close to the hitch receiver):

1663867357022.png

Those yellowish looking lights on the outside? Those are the "stock" backup lights - interestingly, they are a Ford part on my Dodge flatbed truck - whoever installed the flatbed must have put them on there. Totally ineffective.

Anyway, as you can see, the new backup lights seem to work well enough. Certainly very bright. They are $30 Chinese specials I bought on Amazon, so we'll see how long they last.

I also have these coming:
51EzTObLsPL._AC_PIbundle-2,TopRight,0,0_SH20_.jpg
Which are also Chinese $31 specials. I will install those on the rear edge of the flatbed. The Ford lights are installed much lower and under the bed, so not very visible. I figure if I back into something (which I have done before and bent up the bed and the tailgate - IIRC it was a tree), then no biggie - I will only have lost at most $30, which is a lot less than even a lens for a US made pickup. Plus being higher up (the bed its 4' up), they are much more visible to tailgaters.

Speaking of people following me too close, or honking, or flashing their brights at me from behind, I am thinking of putting a switch in to turn on the backup lights. They are brighter than my new LED headlights:
1663868134358.png
I am going to install some of those same (or similar) cheap LED worklights on the headache rack so I can see the bed area, and maybe some to the side.

There is no area lighting on my property, so when it is dark for about 16 hours on winter days, I could use some lighting when gathering firewood, removing fallen trees from roads, etc.

So I pulled the grill off my pickup yesterday to pull the headlights. Had to pull off the pushbar too - wanted to straighten out the bumper a bit too. Found that the front corner lights were kaput, so have to order bulbs for those.

1663948136783.png

Got the ring off one headlight, then couldn't get the screws out of the other side without destroying them and maybe needing to replace the whole assembly. While researching the cost of that, I decided to just get some Hella aux driving lights instead - there are some Amazon 700FF returns on sale that cost less than the H4 conversion. I had been considering the aux lights anyway and they would be easier to install (Toyota pickups may require some extra harness mods).

Replacing the front turn signals kind of went ok until I realized I had them backwards. Found moss growing inside the passenger side turn signal. So yeah, this stuff really does need replacing. Having all the lighting working is good for safety and makes it less likely I will get stopped by LEOs for equipment issues.

The rear taillights come today or tomorrow. I am thinking about how to mount some reverse lights on the rear bumper without interfering with anything (blocking the license plate, interfering with the tailgate, etc).

So I pulled the grill off my pickup yesterday to pull the headlights. Had to pull off the pushbar too - wanted to straighten out the bumper a bit too. Found that the front corner lights were kaput, so have to order bulbs for those.

View attachment 1280939

Got the ring off one headlight, then couldn't get the screws out of the other side without destroying them and maybe needing to replace the whole assembly. While researching the cost of that, I decided to just get some Hella aux driving lights instead - there are some Amazon 700FF returns on sale that cost less than the H4 conversion. I had been considering the aux lights anyway and they would be easier to install (Toyota pickups may require some extra harness mods).

Replacing the front turn signals kind of went ok until I realized I had them backwards. Found moss growing inside the passenger side turn signal. So yeah, this stuff really does need replacing. Having all the lighting working is good for safety and makes it less likely I will get stopped by LEOs for equipment issues.

The rear taillights come today or tomorrow. I am thinking about how to mount some reverse lights on the rear bumper without interfering with anything (blocking the license plate, interfering with the tailgate, etc).
These are the ones I ordered to replace the halogen headlights:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07JJ1PWWN/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They have driving lights LEDs as well and I bought a 12v switch I just need to a grommet that goes inside the the pickup truck. I installed these lights back in 2019.

• Continued reading as part of on-going study of the history of American (and a lesser extent allied) Civil Defense. (This has been an on and off again interest for years. In this foul year of our lord 2022, the books have been hit or miss, but the present one is quite interesting.)
  • Ordered some more 30-round magazines for the M1-family .30-caliber carbines. (We're good on magazines for the handful of self-loading, and in one case bolt-action, carbines. But considering the present legislative lunacy, buying a few more when prices aren't bad doesn't hurt.)
  • Weather treated a new shoulder holster for the .44s (S&W 29 and 629, Astra 44).*
  • Ordered more canned goods and an organizer whilst taking care of some others stuff. (For main and plain stuff, some costs are better local and others online. But availability has been hit and miss and some of the specific foods we consume I can only find online or when I go up to the city.)
  • Finished the pre-winter preps on wife's Jeep.
* This one:
Oldschool.jpg

Last Edited:
Just bought a metric crapload of SWAT-T tourniquets and Quikclot for a business venture... has an added benefit of being handy in case of emergencies.
Smart move! About six months ago I gashed open the bottom of my foot stepping on a razor blade. Had the Quikclot which really helped, but really need one of the bandages that can pull a wound together like stitches. Have them now, live and learn.

Smart move! About six months ago I gashed open the bottom of my foot stepping on a razor blade. Had the Quikclot which really helped, but really need one of the bandages that can pull a wound together like stitches. Have them now, live and learn.
Steri-strips! Live by 'em (or "die" w/o 'em...)! These should be in everyone's IFAK!

Too many places starting leaking stories about family members killed in a car accident and the cause of death being listed as "Covid" which was ridiculous.

That forced pretty much all states to start differentiating between "dying WITH Covid" vs "dying DUE TO Covid".

Don't get me wrong, a whole bunch of (old and very unhealthy) people did die from Covid, but there were also many who supposedly "died of Covid", that absolutely did not die from it. The sad part it because it is now known that local governments did this, it doesn't matter if the falsely attributed Covid deaths were 0.0001% or 10% of the total, they fostered more distrust of govt and officials, and that cannot be repaired.
A good friend of mine is a Sgnt. for Oakland, CA PD. He told us about an instance where they were pursuing a guy. Two cars, one chasing the other. Gang-bangers. Rear gang-banger car shoots the driver of the front car and blows his head nearly off. Car crashes. Car bursts into flames. My friend was on the scene investigating charred remains of dude with half of his head missing. A week later, he gets a call that he has a two-week vacation because he was exposed to covid. "When was I exposed to Covid?" he asks. Apparently, the charred guy did not die from the gunshot wound, car accident, or fire. His cause of death was covid. No joke. This was around April/May 2020.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top