JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Packed up another 25 lbs of rice into 1 gallon Mylar bags with O2 paks. Went with Costco Calrose sushi rice this time. $17.99 for 25lbs. Looking very well stocked.

LOL - It's my wife's favorite brand. Tastes just like any other (except jasmine and basmati) rice to me though.

Other than regular studies, and replacing my wife's mobile's fire extinguisher, a bunch of supplies came in:

tubo.jpg

Yuge tube of shaving soap to join the growing pile of plain, white body soap.

munición.jpg

Ah, perfect timing for shooting planned this week: some big blasters and some inexpensive practice ammo. (I confused Tula with another brand that is made in the former Yugoslavia. The box indicates otherwise and I will not buy this brand again, for largely the same reason I don't smoke Cuban cigars.)

Golpear a los hippies.jpg

And a vintage book from none other than Rex Applegate. Neato!

Last Edited:
I baked and broiled some "smoked" herring to the point it was chewy.

I ordered a different flavor of smoked herring (I had previously ordered some smoked & peppered herring that was actually very good IMO). I didn't care much for the flavor this time - didn't have much smoke flavor to it. So I put some sauces and pepper on it and let it bake for almost an hour. The result was not bad at all. I think I will give some to my daughter for her to dry (she is getting an air fryer for her birthday, that can also make jerky/etc. - at least I hope it can) and see what the results are.

I am ordering some new Keen waterproof hiking shoes, an awning/tarp for my SUV and trucks, and some odds & ends from Sportsman's Guide.

Took it out for a spin for the first time since the 2020 Summer of Love...
Nerve-damaged left foot was finally feeling like I could work the clutch.

Fiat 124 Spider_18.JPG Fiat 124 Spider_19.JPG

Hey, being able to work a clutch is a prepper requirement! :cool:

Finished two days of mowing with brush hog - 4-5 acres of mostly grass/weed that were chest high (not exaggerating - the rain & sun really grew this stuff quick and high this year). Still got some stuff to cut around the edges, but now the fuel is laying on the ground at least and it looks a lot better.
1657168031454.png

Moved a large log down to the berm of my ad-hoc range.

Other than regular studies, and replacing my wife's mobile's fire extinguisher, a bunch of supplies came in:

View attachment 1232626

Yuge tube of shaving soap to join the growing pile of plain, white body soap.

View attachment 1232627

Ah, perfect timing for shooting planned this week: some big blasters and some inexpensive practice ammo. (I confused Tula with another brand that is made in the former Yugoslavia. The box indicates otherwise and I will not buy this brand again, for largely the same reason I don't smoke Cuban cigars.)

View attachment 1232628

And a vintage book from none other than Rex Applegate. Neato!
Is that Grizzly stuff out of Rainier? Give a report if you shoot some. And your last pic I thought was a Marty Robbins album lol. Good music to prep with! 1657227965904.png

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top