JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The connection isn't secure. Looks sketch.

hi.png

Dogs do that, part of their behavior. Neighbor's dog, now passed, part malinois, would bury biscuits I gave her. I got wise to her trick and would only feed her small bits of it, and not give her more until she ate it in front of me - she was smart enough to learn that too. I suspect the behavior is part about having food for later, and part hiding it from other dogs/animals that would try to take it away.
This is true.

Cate

Finished sorting out the garage. Installed a new battery in my van the old one lasted eight years and I could clearly hear a lag starting when turning the key.
Crazy newer setup where the battery is under the floorboards, but got it done. Started up every gas powered tool, mover, trimmer, and generator. Time get back to the range it has been two months.

Ordered replacement Timken wheel bearings ( with ABS sensors) off Rock Auto. My 2012 Xterra is now at 130K miles and I look at this as just post due maintenance at this point. Now I need to consider doing this myself, or having my local garage do it. They'd be quicker than me by far. But not cheaper.

Since I've been WFH the last 4 months, I'm not driving much - which is great - but the Nissan is offroad ready, and I need to keep it to that point.

My BOB is pretty light on food, so I ordered this today. I will be taking the camping food/ soups out of the BOB and swapping half of these instead. GF will get the other half into her BOB, of course. I'm a gentleman, after all.

1642265056469.png

I finished my homemade berkey water filter. It's a prep item as well as everyday use. We used to pay $40 a month for water service but now I will just replace the 6000 gallon capacity filters every year as well as keeping a couple extra filters on hand.

20220115_154751.jpg

GF ordered free Covid tests from the Fed government website.

I filled up the water jugs, now have 15 gallons on hand.
I'm using this for drinking and making coffee. It seems to last roughly 3 weeks, about a jug per week.

I've been teraforming a bit. Planting edible plants in areas I might be forced to live if it goes bad.

In a remoteish location I had planted @14 bulbs (in 7 holes) of the 50 Camas bulbs I ordered 4 years back. Essentially I planted and forgot them. This weekend I finally got around to digging and spreading them out. I was shocked how many were all clustered together. Where before in a single hole 4 years back there were 2 bulbs, now there was well over 100+ all crammed tightly in each human head sized group. I split them up and transplanted. If the same thing occurs there will be mega thousands of bulbs in a few years. (35,000 if the math is right)

Camas-plant.jpg

Great landscaping plant. Instead of just an inedible plant, they have nice looking flowers and were widely used as a food staple by the native Americans.
https://www.survival-manual.com/edible-plants/large-camas.php

I have Sunchokes and Wapato (in the county park) next up to deal with.

I ordered an expensive Wavian 20L Jerry can. I thought about buying cheaper one but mine was made in Latvia.
Good job. To the board reading this. Do NOT cheap out.

If you gift one to a friend after you fill it full of costly non-ethonol gas for his boat, and dude leaves it in his moms 2nd home garage down at the coast, when thermal expansion occurs as it heats during the day and cools at night: when the inevitable leak at the seam starts up on your cheap Chinese gas can and leaks 5 gallons of fuel all over, you will not be remembered fondly by anyone.

At least that was my experience. Had their been a spark from a motor starting up, it could have been real real ugly. Buy once, cry once.

I've been teraforming a bit. Planting edible plants in areas I might be forced to live if it goes bad.

In a remoteish location I had planted @14 bulbs (in 7 holes) of the 50 Camas bulbs I ordered 4 years back. Essentially I planted and forgot them. This weekend I finally got around to digging and spreading them out. I was shocked how many were all clustered together. Where before in a single hole 4 years back there were 2 bulbs, now there was well over 100+ all crammed tightly in each human head sized group. I split them up and transplanted. If the same thing occurs there will be mega thousands of bulbs in a few years. (35,000 if the math is right)

View attachment 1113777

Great landscaping plant. Instead of just an inedible plant, they have nice looking flowers and were widely used as a food staple by the native Americans.
https://www.survival-manual.com/edible-plants/large-camas.php

I have Sunchokes and Wapato (in the county park) next up to deal with.

Great idea. Now I'm thinking about the best places on the farm to plant Camas.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top