JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
As for the lithium batteries, they are all 3V new so I wouldn't say brighter. However I have messed up a lot of nice flashlights and other electronics with leaking alkaline batteries. So now I pretty much stick to lithium or chargeable - mostly 18500s in flashlights. Old school also, have a lot of Kerosene and lanterns, plus wicks.
Also, years ago a friend told me not to have batteries stored in the same room as my cats litterbox. I ignored that cause I keep it really clean, at least every 48 hours. But what he said must have been true. Every battery in the same room = toast. Other batteries in other areas bought around the same time? Fine. Battery destroying cat!

View attachment 1054677
Urea (cat pee) is acidic which will neutralize and create a reaction in alkaline batteries and make them leak. That is why you clean the contacts with lemon juice or similar acid to remove the leakage from the alkaline battery.

They make AA and AAA 1.5 volt Lithium batteries, which I bought some of each. The test may take a while, but I am tired of ruined flashlights.

Ordered 6 of these FAKs for $11 each:

Not a super good deal, but better than nothing. I already have a FAK in the house and daily driver, but I will add two more, one for each trucks, one for the shop, another for the house (on the wall just inside the door), and two for the kids (one for their house and one for their daily driver).

Wife and I started an exercise rivalry to promote a healthier physique. She does girl push ups and I do 1.5 times that many real push ups. So far it has led her to do about 100 push ups the past few days which is 100 more than she did the past year.

On a previous topic - lithium AA/AAA batteries. Avoid EBL brand on Ebay and other places. One out of five completely fail. When they do, voltage doesn't pass through the other batteries. One of those red $6 testers are a must. Not a brand name guy, but the Energizers have been much better. Set up a driveway alert in a tree and it was a PITA getting it all correct and then a few days later, yet another EBL died. Speaking of these - avoid - https://www.ebay.com/itm/373273256934?hash=item56e8d1e3e6:g:pB8AAOSwnWpfhss6
Driveway Alert - https://www.ebay.com/itm/363410929953?epid=1800133103&hash=item549cfab921:g:UwwAAOSwOx5g~RUU

On a previous topic - lithium AA/AAA batteries. Avoid EBL brand on Ebay and other places. One out of five completely fail. When they do, voltage doesn't pass through the other batteries. One of those red $6 testers are a must. Not a brand name guy, but the Energizers have been much better. Set up a driveway alert in a tree and it was a PITA getting it all correct and then a few days later, yet another EBL died. Speaking of these - avoid - https://www.ebay.com/itm/373273256934?hash=item56e8d1e3e6:g:pB8AAOSwnWpfhss6
As a general rule, I don't buy anything off E-Bay, but good to know about the brand.

I watched the Project Farm vids on the batteries. The lithiums were not a good value $ per amp/hr, but they had the most power/life, even though they were more expensive. For emergency things, like the road "flares" I got for the vehicles, saving a few $ was not the goal - having a reliable long lasting battery that works better in the cold was the goal, even if it costs more.

If I were using it for powering something like an iPod/whatever, then cost would be an issue.

I learned how to pressure can meat yesterday.

7F1F7588-8FAB-44F2-AE0E-D88D2EFA49FF.jpeg

• Ordered a bunch of Dak canned hams and some other shelf stable food items. (Wifely sidekick did a massive order recently, but there were a few items needing replenishment.)
  • Been really good about the gym every day, but feeling under the weather, so went for a mile walk instead. At least I got some cardio in and will be back at pumping iron tomorrow.
  • Scheduled my Moderna booster shot. (Because the Reptilian Overlord's transmitters needed a signal boost, evidently.)
  • Ordered a few more M1/2 Carbine 30-rounders and "upgraded" the storage to a larger box.

Had a crew of tree trimmers/climbers limbing our 100+ foot fir trees that surround and fill our 3/4 acre property this week. We had a lot of damage last year to our deer fenced raised beds and my wood shed. One limb went through 1/2 inch plywood with roofing and snapped several 2X4's. Probably close to $500 in materials trashed. Several years before I had $1500 damage to my truck.

1635383029232.jpeg

Had a crew of tree trimmers/climbers limbing our 100+ foot fir trees that surround and fill our 3/4 acre property this week. We had a lot of damage last year to our deer fenced raised beds and my wood shed. One limb went through 1/2 inch plywood with roofing and snapped several 2X4's. Probably close to $500 in materials trashed. Several years before I had $1500 damage to my truck.

View attachment 1058916
I have thought about having that done, but I have 4-5 acres of trees that need the widow makers removed and I think it would just cost too much - plus I plan to sell - let the next owner do it.

We do get dozens of widow makers when the wind blow good.

Did some shopping today. Got some Duracell AAAs at Costco.

Costco/Hillsboro had some of the vacuum/hard packed rice and Urad Dal (kind of a lentil) and chickpeas packed the same way, so I got some of those. Another 10# of oatmeal too. Gave most of that to the kids - for some geographical diversity in location.

I have thought about having that done, but I have 4-5 acres of trees that need the widow makers removed and I think it would just cost too much - plus I plan to sell - let the next owner do it.

We do get dozens of widow makers when the wind blow good.
As long as they don't fall on your buildings or vehicles (or people). It is amazing how far a 3-4" diameter limb will travel in a good wind. Like buttered toast. they always land butter side down, or in this case butt end down.

As long as they don't fall on your buildings or vehicles (or people). It is amazing how far a 3-4" diameter limb will travel in a good wind. Like buttered toast. they always land butter side down, or in this case butt end down.
When I had the trees thinned I removed a number of trees near the house. Most of the dangerous ones are upwind and uphill from my house, so I just am careful about not going outside when the wind is blowing - usually.

Once I was walking from the shop to the house and heard a noise; a big limb fell near where I had just been a few seconds before. We often find large limbs stuck in the ground after a strong wind. I had a friend who was a logger (a feller I think) who was killed by a widow maker.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top