JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Turned off the lights in my garage and walked through the steps of finding my gun cabinet keys, unlocking the cabinet, switching on the light inside the cabinet (not sure Id actually do that in a home invasion scenario), removing my semi-auto shotgun and inserting a 10-round magazine of 12-gauge OO buck.

Scored some cheap plastic hornady ammo cans
(3.99 at sportsmans) and loaded em up. I'll probably get a few more I really liked how some stuff fit.
16322861723428244386708938196960.jpg

They are a label that has a chalkboard looking surface that you can write on with a special white colored ink pen, that the ink can be wiped off with a wet cloth.
What about just using masking tape and a sharpie? Maybe use multiple pieces of masking tape so if one tape goes bad you look at other label.

Used to use silver tape. That craft tape about scotch tape width. Mark with a sharpie.

Am now using largish printer labels. And a sharpie.
I started with calibers printed on paper and covered with package wrapping tape, but the tape did not adhere well.

Then I had misc adhesive labels, but most are too small.

Then I tried the blue painter's masking tape, but that won't adhere forever - it is made to no adhere too much.

So I am going to try the chalkboard labels.

I am high tech and actually print labels. I can paste one over the other if I need to. The labels are all set up in the computer now ready to print. I do go through a lot of black ink cartridges.

Stacked a half cord of firewood in the covered porch and inside the house by the woodstove.

Too wet to cut/split today and wasn't "feeling it" anyway. Feeling my lower back, leg/arm now though (my right side has been screwed up for years, and it aches/etc. when I do stuff like this).

Got some boom boom for the 20 gauge as I just had bird shot for the 20g. 2buck and slugs at a damn good price.

Closed on a transaction with a member for a scope today.

And made contact with another member to confirm our ammo trade and meet as its been in the works for 3weeks.

I keep some cash at home for emergencies, but it is usually $100s and $20s. I went to the bank and exchanged some $100 bills for $5 bills. Seems to me that having small bills in an emergency may be a better option unless I want to buy a gallon of milk for $20.

Upgraded my 4x4 pickup with better tires/wheels that seem to do better off and on pavement.

Going to slowly upgrade both my pickup and 1 ton flatbed - both 4x4s.

Not going to make them into off-road crawlers or mud monsters or anything like that, but just make them a bit more capable off-road or on road (snow, mud/gravel/etc.). Add diff locks, a winch (got a 9K winch for the flatbed), more aggressive tires, more range by increasing fuel capacity, etc.

There are very significant hacker 'things' happening that are not being reported by the MSM. One VoIP/telecom carrier is being held hostage via a BC demand payment causing issues/outages for millions of people.
Pretty much convinced the next trick up the sleeve is a partial or full grid shutdown in the coming months. Of course, w/o V-proof no block of cheese or water for the masses. Hence the primary purpose of the shutdown.
There is only so much a guy can do that lives right in the city surrounded by the hive mind masses, but trying to ponder any thing that would help if say power, internet, water just went away for weeks or months.
Firearm related would be a quality thermal site, but too much $$ up to this point although seen some deals out there.

Picked up a history book on Civil Defense during the Cold War, here and in allied societies.

defensa Civil.jpg

Beyond that, loaded up a bunch of M1 Carbine magazines and continued the search for a transferable M2. :s0155:

When I was in Costco today I got sucked into one of those items they sell up front as you walk in; a bag of electrolyte "hydration" packets. On the expensive side - should have held off and read the reviews later.

Anyway, I figured that it would be good to have some of these in my FAK in my vehicles in case of dehydration.

When I was in Costco today I got sucked into one of those items they sell up front as you walk in; a bag of electrolyte "hydration" packets. On the expensive side - should have held off and read the reviews later.

Anyway, I figured that it would be good to have some of these in my FAK in my vehicles in case of dehydration.
I have those and like them, but I usually double up the amount of water I put them in.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top