JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Did lots of work today on land. Hired help to clear some. Cleared around a propane tank and outbuilding. Started what will be a large storage for firewood closer to house. (Our lower shed for said got taken out by a falling tree in December. 2020's final "gift" after all that it provided, including the illnesses and deaths in family.)

Oh well. Children fed. Chilling. Decided the best relaxation tomorrow is not mediation or cigar. It is something running at 1,200 rpm cyclic rate, so loaded up about half the mags for Srta. Ráfaga. Should be sunny tomorrow, so mag-dumps from the machine-pistol, and shooting little metallic silhouettes with Model 29. Well wishes, friends. :s0155:

cargador.jpg

Last Edited:
Did lots of work today on land. Hired help to clear some. Cleared around a propane tank and outbuilding. Started what will be a large storage for firewood closer to house. (Our lower shed for said got taken out by a falling tree in December. 2020's final "gift" after all that it provided, including the illnesses and deaths in family.)

Oh well. Children fed. Chilling. Decided the best relaxation tomorrow is not mediation or cigar. It is something running at 1,200 rpm cyclic rate, so loaded up about half the mags for Srta. Ráfaga. Should be sunny tomorrow, so mag-dumps from the machine-pistol, and shooting little metallic silhouettes with Model 29. Well wishes, friends. :s0155:

View attachment 874972
Neighbor hired help to use power equipment to clear some of the brush/etc. around his house and clearing a path around the property for a fire break and for equipment to get thru. He's also going to thin some of the trees. Had him clear just 10' or so to a fire break/path on my property. When it dries up a little this next week for my little 2 wheel tractor, I will go down and clear some of the brush with the flail mower along where he had some clearing done along our new property lines (I am selling him an acre or so).

Got my new kitchen aid setup in the kitchen, got the sheet cutter attachment, got the good old vintage cast aluminum shredder attachments in the mail, have a dehydrator coming tomorrow, going to start dehydrating fruits and more and vacuum seal them...

Made 2 gallons of an hard apple pie beverage, first batch, will see about refining the recipe based on feedback. 20210507_223015.jpg 20210507_223935.jpg

Anyone follow the, "Ice Age Farmer"?

Rf0f6148f5177ced234c44c0e26c572d1.jpeg

I don't, but seems he has some cogent points.

Notable: not much normies can do about any of it. Hence, no reason for them to get concerned. What ever happens, happens.

Folks whom are of a preparedness mindset are prepared as they can be. Similarly no reason for concern.

Plenty folks thinking about becoming preparedness minded can do, but haven't (for whatever reasons). As always.

HOWEVER never a good idea to plan around, or for a particular scenario. Think on the simple basics first: health, financials & spiritual wellness. Then move on towards family safety & food/water security. Like an old school nutrition triangle, however with health/financial/spiritual wellness at the top, everything else following such.

In my opinion.

Gave neighbor a Shockwave so he has bear protection (he is moving to Montana) while fishing.

He gave me a homemade gun safe. It is sturdy - much much better than this cheap crap you get as a Stackon "residential safety thing". Not fireproof, but relatively secure. He had his ammo stored in it, but it is too small to store all of my ammo.

In the right application the vodka would count as an incendiary device.
I don't drink - I can't due to my meds. But I figure for bartering and medicinal purposes (helping someone with pain or to sleep, etc.) it would be good. I do have a liter of grain alcohol too, which would be better.- I figure vodka is just (for intents and purposes) weak grain alcohol. Grain alcohol can be used for infusions and tinctures, sanitizing (prefer iso for that).

I will probably order a gallon or two of pure food grade ethanol too, and probably keep much of this out in the shop instead of the pantry.

Regime is going well, better than expected. The daily routine has been truly daily for months now. Barbells at 13lb & 19lb each (depending on lift). Stretching has been the best; less/no pain in the mornings, yard work is easy. If the commies take over my ability to Slav-Squat naturally will enhance my disguise. ;)

An actual prepper prep this week was to rotate/restock our MREs. They were old, so have been eating them. Our calories have three tiers; the pantry, MREs and emergency bars, and long term (Freeze dried and other very long term types).

The pantry is just that, and includes our freezer. Freezer load is always dated; break apart bulk into individual freezer bags. Canned bought in Costco bulk, 8-16 cans at a time. Grains bought in 5lbs or greater. We way overstock; not atypical to eat food 60+ days after purchase. Figure we have 2 mo @ 2k calories a day for each of us at all times, 2-3 weeks if the kids moved in.

MREs etc are the second tier; if they're tapped then stuff is more serious than I've ever seen it. Always have 1 weeks worth for the whole tribe.

Long term: 2 weeks for the tribe. If we're eating these things are grim.

Overall we have 2-3 months if it's just us, a month if everyone comes to us.

I know that barely makes me a prepper, and I'm ok with that. :)

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews