JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
BiMart is a regional chain. They're not as shiny and polished as some of the other big box places but the offer a lot in a small place and they haven't stopped selling guns or ammo where the others have. While they may not carry every name brand you're used to (they carry many though), they also carry brands that the other stores don't carry. Also good folks work there and they aren't afraid of customers. Membership is five bucks. The only thing they're missing is a frozen section but I can live without that.
Thanks, there is one not too far from my place. I will definitely check it out soon.

Yah, the second round should be interesting. The first? Less than nothing for me. I feel slightly fatigued when getting an annual flu shot, but that's it. This one didn't even do that.
Symptoms really run the gamut, and there is no rhyme or reason to it. I have seen Army Rangers get laid out for two days, and then guys in only average shape are hardly fazed. I would avoid taking any pain killers beforehand (and preferably none at all), but definitely drink more water than usual 48 hours prior and avoid booze.

Picked up more .40 ammo.

Picked up another 180 rounds of .45-70 making my total 280 rounds - more than I will ever shoot I am sure, even if I take up hunting again (which I won't due to my health), I would probably never use more than 20 rounds a year. So more than I need - which is a good thing. Always want more than I need when it comes to ammo.

Bought a ring sight for a PS90

Got 1k+ of 7.62x39 ammo, mostly HP & SP, some FMJ - getting there with this caliber.

Keeping to my fitness and skill schedule.

Took a gun handling class. Excellent. Long time with guns and never any real training/coaching. I recommend it, and will keep doing it. Learning is humbling.

Bought a variety of holsters (lol "welcome to the party pal" from all of you with drawers full I'm sure) and am working on both IWB/OWB presentation and holstering. Still lax on the sling stuff. Which promises to be the most interesting... but just don't do it.

Old weights had become too light, so bought this dumbbell set:

https://www.marcypro.com/eco-iron-40-lb-adjustable-dumbbell-set-with-carrying-case-marcy-ads-42

It's a great set, compact but enough weight to probably last a good while. Routine is set - stretches to start, breathing, then gut work, then to chest/arms. Still at 3 sets of 15 pushups in 120 seconds, followed by weights. Think I'm going to up it to 3 sets of 20. Need to get some kind of leg routine; legs aren't weak, but stretching/position is getting pretty easy.

In the class a dry fire routine was suggested, so that is being added. About 5-10 minutes a day. One thing the trainer in my class recommended that I did was create a real backstop/bullet catch, and use it. (Books duct taped together, w/ target.) I'm too casual with dry firing; don't think I'm an idiot but... he made a convincing case, as a decades long gunner, for planning for that day when you bubblegum up "dry" firing.

Spent the weekend training, with Mike Glover and his crew. Learned a few things.
Mainly that I'm old and out of shape.

I inventoried and checked dates on my vehicle emergency stash.

3 days of emergency water
3 days of food bars
4 emergency blankets
First aid kit
Emergency crank radio and phone charger
Whistle
3 flares

Read this, thought about it, updated some planning notes and priorities.

https://dailytimewaster.blogspot.com/2021/04/yep.html

1619267861684.png

Ordered more meds from amazon.

I have four heart/BP meds I take daily. The way many pharmacies work you can get your monthly meds every 20-25 days, so over time you have more than you need. I always order mine as soon as the online system allows and right now I have about a two to three month supply - by the end of the year I should have a 3-4 month supply.

Why is this important? What happens if SHTF and meds you need to survive are not available or become extremely expensive?

This is not meant as a discussion thread. Just what you did today to prep.

If you didn't do anything, please don't post, but feel free to read what others have done to prep.

I stole the thread idea from ARFCOM Survival section.

Post what you did, practiced, or bought.

If you have questions, feel free to start a tread here in the Survival Forum.
Bought a SOG non slip grip 3.5" for my car. Must haves for anyone.

I pulled our get-home bag out of the trunk of the car, and used a box of Mac & Cheese from it that was 6 years past it's sell-by date.

My wife said it tasted a bit like cardboard to her, but I didn't notice it - probably because we had mixed a can of tuna into the macaroni.

This was part of last night's dinner. We don't have any upset to our digestive systems, so I think it's safe to say that Kraft Mac & Cheese can still be eaten after spending years in an environment where it endures temperature extremes. It might taste a bit stale, but seems fine otherwise.

I did have the boxes vacuum-sealed.

61B7E081-3434-48CD-B02A-BB8C79511C36.jpeg

I pulled our get-home bag out of the trunk of the car, and used a box of Mac & Cheese from it that was 6 years past it's sell-by date.

My wife said it tasted a bit like cardboard to her, but I didn't notice it - probably because we had mixed a can of tuna into the macaroni.

This was part of last night's dinner. We don't have any upset to our digestive systems, so I think it's safe to say that Kraft Mac & Cheese can still be eaten after spending years in an environment where it endures temperature extremes. It might taste a bit stale, but seems fine otherwise.

I did have the boxes vacuum-sealed.

View attachment 873806
Neet!

Surprised the "cheese" survived!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class