JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Stopped by Sportsman's on 82nd, because I like the scenery. Picked up two Sterno stoves and the last two 2 packs of fuel.
$5.99 for the stove, made in USA. Going to keep them in the vehicles emergency kits. I know, I know...Sterno. Yes, I have better stoves but sometimes old school fits the bill. Walmart has the fuel cheaper but I didn't feel like going in. Today I probably would have been mistaken for "people of walmart". It's just been that kind of day.

IMG_20210310_131330.jpg

Bought a new-to-us diesel pusher motorhome and brought it home last weekend. The first big step in the plan to sell the house and cash out in this market. Homebase will be our daughter's house in Montana until we can find some property to build on. We have some work to do on it and the house as well. Time is an issue. New electrical panel going in on the house this Friday, and some other small things before we can list it. I'm hoping that will happen in late April, but with things selling so fast, my husband wants to wait until May or June so that we have enough time to get the coach dialed in. I'm worried something catastrophic will happen and we will miss the boat. But, at least we have the coach.

Folks should stay away from Wise, and there now number of spinoff names. IMO.
Simply the value to nutrition is not there, especially on there buckets/kits. Primarily empty calorie & bulk based (soups, powder drinks, dehydrated potatoes & potatoe based stuff). Folks can do far better spending elsewhere, or putting together there own kits.
I couldn't agree more, watch out for those bucket kits. All you are doing in most cases is overpaying for granola and oatmeal and maybe a fancy plastic pail.

O gosh! I hope you don't grow a third arm or get MS symptoms

Naw. Just a tracking chip so that the Illuminati, Lizard Aliens, and the secret cabal posing as piano-tuners can track my every move, in order to insure the horrifying truth behind PEZ Dispensers is never found out. Other than that, no side effects so far. :s0155:

Bought two boxes of .223 at Bi-Mart and figure how to dig blue clams through the rocks in Netarts Bay.

I can help with the digging clams jn the rocks thing. 1st) Don't dig in the rocks, dig in the sand. Wander down south to area #6 on the ODF map. There's parking there and you'll see people at low tide. I like to shovel parallel to a hole @10 inches or so, maybe less. Look for a cluster of things that look exactly like someone stuffed a larger flathead screwdriver in the sand -That blue (butter) clams. Round and big is Gaper. Then kneel down and scoop sand by hand till I hit clam. Usually there are multiple in the same area, and scooping toward the next hole then the next then the next will have a limit in short order. Remember to have fun:)

Area #6 - https://myodfw.com/articles/where-crab-clam-netarts-bay

If you have to dig in rocks, use a small but stout steel gardening hand shovel to pry the rocks up, then work with your hand.

I have 2 excellent clam recipes if you want.The chowder is Chef Serges from Ifish. So good.

Naw. Just a tracking chip so that the Illuminati, Lizard Aliens, and the secret cabal posing as piano-tuners can track my every move, in order to insure the horrifying truth behind PEZ Dispensers is never found out. Other than that, no side effects so far. :s0155:
Don't forget Major League Baseball -

I have had to rethink my footwear. I put an easy 10 miles a day underfoot, and my shoes never last. Merrell, Georgia Boot, Danner, 5.11, adidas, vans, doesn't matter. I cannot find a decent cross section between comfort, arch support, and durability. The Merrells I bought in December are already worn smooth, Georgia Boot right behind them. It's something that I think gets overlooked by a lot of folks as well.

I gave up on Merrells after they were sold and they started making them in China. None of their waterproof shoes are waterproof. I went to Keen. Made in the USA, most of them here in Oregon.
I've tried those as well. Demolished them. The problem is that I need them to be sturdy enough to be protective (I handle freight a good chunk of the day) and flexible enough to be comfortable (I walk everywhere, including to/from/at work, unless I need to buy an item that's either too large for me to carry home or just not safe/sensible to walk with) and have enough support so that my feet (one of which has had the arch broken a half dozen times) aren't more wrecked than they are by default at the end of the day.
Maybe I just need a more sedentary lifestyle.

I've tried those as well. Demolished them. The problem is that I need them to be sturdy enough to be protective (I handle freight a good chunk of the day) and flexible enough to be comfortable (I walk everywhere, including to/from/at work, unless I need to buy an item that's either too large for me to carry home or just not safe/sensible to walk with) and have enough support so that my feet (one of which has had the arch broken a half dozen times) aren't more wrecked than they are by default at the end of the day.

Im in the same boat. A couple buddies swear by Thorogood boots. Made in the US and reasonable priced. I'm about to order a pair.

I gave up on Merrells after they were sold and they started making them in China. None of their waterproof shoes are waterproof. I went to Keen. Made in the USA, most of them here in Oregon.
A pair of Merrells will usually last me one normal year or six months on a deployment. They are OK if you can accept the idea of shoes being disposable. But like a lot of us here, I prefer to buy US-made items that last.

Did you try their work boots? I have some of their steel toe boots:

I don't do manual work day in and day out, but I wear these running the flail mower (walk behind) and processing firewood. I've used them enough that they should stand up to at least a month or so of daily manual work and they still feel fine.

I am fairly sedentary, but during the spring/summer I usually get out and do several days of work outside. I wear these boots where I want to be careful about my feet being near machinery/etc.

BiMart is a regional chain. They're not as shiny and polished as some of the other big box places but the offer a lot in a small place and they haven't stopped selling guns or ammo where the others have. While they may not carry every name brand you're used to (they carry many though), they also carry brands that the other stores don't carry. Also good folks work there and they aren't afraid of customers. Membership is five bucks. The only thing they're missing is a frozen section but I can live without that.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top