JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Just got the inverter genset I ordered. I am going to try and set it up this weekend and test it.

Probably also buy an exhaust extender; going to put it on a semi-enclosed roofed porch - it has walls on the porch, but above the walls there are large spaces open to the air - I plan to run the exhaust out thru one of the walls or something like that. There is also an exhaust fan I could buy to put into a wall or the door, and I can leave the door to the porch open - the idea being to have a roof over the genset and with the walls keep the genset out of the weather. There is a door from the porch into the utility room and there is a doggie door on that door I can run a couple extension cords into the house.

Once you have the exhaust safely sorted, give a trial run & walk around your property at a distance to double check that it isn't resonating. I wouldn't think it will, but better to know ahead of time / from which direction if it is.

It is a smallish (3400 watt) inverter setup that runs at 67db full out and I am not too worried about opsec with it being out in the boonies (I can hear my neighbors genset from my property) on a private road. There are 3-4 doors and walls between it (the outside wall is well insulated) and my office. But we'll see.

Went to the clinic yesterday to get my ear looked at - just normal "wax" buildup but enough to make me deaf in that ear. One of the bad things about hearing aids is they cause this problem.

Got some ear drops - something good to have in supply - hydrogen peroxide will work too (most ear drops are a close analog to hydrogen peroxide plus urea). That and ear drops with HC (cortisone) for if you get a bad earache and maybe an otoscope and ear wash kit.

At least now I can hear out of that ear. It is interesting to note that if you can't hear much out of one ear, your brain interprets most sounds as coming from the direction of the other ear, even if they are coming from the opposite direction.

Unboxed, prepped, started and tested the new genset. Seems to work.

Supposed to get snow later this week. Two weeks ago when we had snow for one day, the melting/etc. caused a tree to fall across a power line and I lost power for 12 hours. Not a big deal normally, but when you are working from home and this is the third power outage that keeps you from working, the client is not too happy.

Bought a CZ "pistol" for my wife. She's a dainty thing and has trouble with the lightweight AR I built for her.

Im out here in Missouri right now and thought guns would be cheaper. Nope! 1049 for this and people line up 250 deep at the local academy in Rolla before 8 AM for ammo. 1CB11E4C-AFC2-4C7D-8675-E68193BAD7E2.jpeg

Unboxed, prepped, started and tested the new genset. Seems to work.

Supposed to get snow later this week. Two weeks ago when we had snow for one day, the melting/etc. caused a tree to fall across a power line and I lost power for 12 hours. Not a big deal normally, but when you are working from home and this is the third power outage that keeps you from working, the client is not too happy.

I see you post a lot and you seem to be a SME about being prepared. Do you ever have "bug out drills" or "bug in drills"?

For those looking to make a DIY Berkey, here's a good resource to take it up a notch from the five gallon buckets.

Beginnings of couple new first aid kits for buddy's.
do any y'all pack super glue or "new skin" in first aid?
or bother with saline solution?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    298.9 KB · Views: 32
Superglue is quite ubiquitous in a first aid kit. I'd stay clear of that Gorilla glue though....:eek:
Ground black pepper is a fantastic clotting agent.

Hey, over at Morrow Brothers on 82nd they have these for $2.79.. seems they have quite a few.
From the Philippines and for scale, the Winco is from Thailand.
Contents are 3.7 lbs for those that don't do kiloparsecs.

20210225_111116.jpg

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top