JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
During these times of crisis, communication is key. Figure I need to do more research into that matter.

I have a CB radio in my vehicle. But, that is pretty much required when going into the mountains out here to avoid getting crushed by a logging truck hauling butt down a 20' wide dirt road with nothing but blind corners.

It may be useful for other situations, but the range is very limited. Maybe a couple of miles.

I have a CB radio in my vehicle. But, that is pretty much required when going into the mountains out here to avoid getting crushed by a logging truck hauling butt down a 20' wide dirt road with nothing but blind corners.

It may be useful for other situations, but the range is very limited. Maybe a couple of miles.
I was considering getting a CB for the truck as well. Don't want to order anything online right now due to the state of and potential state of the country right now. Things are going to get crazier.

Bought a bunch of 9mm defense ammo and some proper tools to work on my pistols.

Then the power went out and I realize I want a generator and a few more lanterns. Still made a nice dinner and cup of tea tho. Quite pleasant actually.

Bought more military MRE's and rearranged my gear. Even though I've been training with it on I still don't like to lug around a lot of weight if I can help it. The knee braces help with the load though I've found. Wish I would've known about knee braces while I was in the Marines. That would've helped SIGNIFICANTLY!

Programmed my Baofeng UV-5R's and only things I've been able to pick up is weather channels. Which lets me know it's working but haven't been able to pick anything else up. During these times of crisis, communication is key. Figure I need to do more research into that matter. I worked communications in the Marines over 10 years ago, so you know...use it or lose is...

Also sharpened the Ka-Bar, weapons check, and got more storage fuel for the truck and filled the gas tank again. Keep those tanks topped off as much as you can. Be safe out there!
Check out a program called, CHIRP. It makes Baofeng programing a snap. Just find the correct cord.

4 bags of Lundberg brown rice from Costco. Good stuff.

Working on filling the yard with stuff that produces edibles instead of just compost.

Prefer Basmati myself, but brown rice is more nutritious - OTOH, it doesn't store as long as white rice.

Costco sometimes has what appears to be vacuum packed bags of rice; 20# size and the bag is usually hard in that if you known on it, it feel hard instead of soft like a bag that the contents are free to move a little. To me that says the bag is at least airtight and would store longer.

We prefer Jasmine, and do Basmati now and again, however long term store Parboil.

Parboil is the better compromise for nutritional value & ability to keep well. Keeps about as well as most regular white rices.

Whereas no matter what one does, brown rices do not store well long term.

Haven't noticed parboil at Costco, we bought ours from Cash & Carry (now Smart Foodservice Warehouse) in the big sacks.

I woke up...thankful for the SUN. About to replace some oil lines on the truck and figure out why water is getting in the cab! Heavy rain + clogged drain hole somewhere = leaking? WHO KNOWS! Stay safe out there ya'll.

Yes I also got the Baofeng programming cable and I programmed it with CHIRP, thank you.
Cool.
This may be of interest. Repeaters can't be relied on solely if a grid down thing happens. That's when simplex (p2p) is important.

A good list.

Last Edited:
Like some others have said, it feels a little iffy to broadcast supplies, but this is a community of good people, and it's not you I distrust, but rather the strangers in suits.
:s0156:
On topic, I collected from the food bank and stored canned goods. I'm not in a position to purchase food, so I take what I can get. Don't worry, though - I am fortunate enough to be able to give too!

Like some others have said, it feels a little iffy to broadcast supplies, but this is a community of good people, and it's not you I distrust, but rather the strangers in suits.
:s0156:
On topic, I collected from the food bank and stored canned goods. I'm not in a position to purchase food, so I take what I can get. Don't worry, though - I am fortunate enough to be able to give too!
That's just folks being paranoid, but for good reason I suppose. Not like anyone on here knows where anyone lives, and if they do they're probably on their team.

I filled the gas tank and got another gas can and put fuel stabilizer in it for the long-term. Got some silicone wiper blades and extra air filters for the truck. That's sort of prepping I reckon. Never know with all the volcanoes up here.

Today I am pissed off and let down. No kraken, no arrests, no accountability and no consequences. America and the republic is dead. Prepping today consisted of me burning all my flags, praying and getting ready for what's to come. That's all I can do. For others that haven't given up, stay strong I guess but welcome to communism and fascism and enjoy having your voice and rights taken away completely.
:s0125:

Went out to Tri County Gun Club today. Haven't been out there in many months. Nice to be back in Portland. Except for the pounding rain/snow, all looks good. No shooting, just a test run to make sure my RFID card still worked and to see if there were any changes. First clear day it is time to make up for being gone so long.

Oh wow, no Supporter badge under my name. Off to take care of that now.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top