JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My son closed the deal on a PSL with ammo.

Ryan-s-Camera-Pictures-027.jpg
This was his first. It was sold off and replaced with a Colt 901 IIRC. I don't have pics of his new one.

He gets the PSL. And I get the ammo (which he will in all likelihood be shooting).

Aloha, Mark

PS....UPDATE (12-23-2020) He has already sold his latest PSL. He took it out and had forgotten about how the thin barrel isn't all that great for his idea of accuracy.

Last Edited:
Odds and ends:

• Worked on the 2021 "mega list," which includes preparedness items. (We, wife and yours-truly, develop those each December and then discuss and plan accordingly.)
  • Split some wood. We too are going through firewood quite a bit as the wife is working from home many days.
  • Ordered a Tanfoglio Witness in 10㎜ Automatic.
  • Ordered two spare magazines for the aforementioned.
  • Checked the fuel and ammo supply and ordered another ammo can after said.
I was wondering how work was going for her. I'm in the classroom, but kids are at home, except for the SPED kids. We should set up a chat to compare notes. It's rough and long hours. I don't sleep much and I'm the first to admit I'm doing a bubblegumty job. :(
Hope her experience is better than mine.

Inventoried my reloading supplies.

So far I seem to have enough primers except for small rifle.

Have some powder, especially Trail Boss which is primarily what I would use for special loads. Low on others. I have not found much in the way of projectiles, although I am pretty sure I at one time had a case of .45 ACP JHP bullets. I probably need to pickup projectiles for .30 caliber, .22 and others, but I think those can wait. I will pickup some cast bullets and some various buckshot sizes - the buckshot would be swaged into "pellets" for light loads - I don't reload shotshells.

Bought some new Baofeng UV5R's and other comms stuff/upgrades for the plate carrier. Hopefully it'll be better than the simple Midland GXT1000's I have now. It'll make things easier to get in contact with folks in "emergency" events.

Why do you vacuum pack? Full mags or just ammo? Interested in the Philosophy behind it
Hahaha! They're not vacuum packed. It's just the plastic bag the SHK mags were delivered in when I got them from Global Ordnance.

Aside from the Lancer mags which go in my plate carrier, the one windowed PMAG that goes in my AR that has home defense rounds in it, and the two 20 round mags that go in my AR pistol; the rest of the ammo is recent additions and will go into the ammo cans with moister absorbing packets and zip-tied and labeled for long-term storage. A lot of humidity and moisture up here, but I think vacuum sealing is a overkill unless someone lives near the ocean or is going to bury a cache somewhere. Couldn't hurt for storage purposes though. I should do that. Never even thought about it.

Inventoried my reloading supplies.

So far I seem to have enough primers except for small rifle.

Have some powder, especially Trail Boss which is primarily what I would use for special loads. Low on others. I have not found much in the way of projectiles, although I am pretty sure I at one time had a case of .45 ACP JHP bullets. I probably need to pickup projectiles for .30 caliber, .22 and others, but I think those can wait. I will pickup some cast bullets and some various buckshot sizes - the buckshot would be swaged into "pellets" for light loads - I don't reload shotshells.

Picking up some various powders and some SRP primers tomorrow.

Next I will need to get some boolits. Maybe eventually get some swaging dies, some equipment for casting, get the reloading bench setup in my office and start reloading again.

Several things I see as a benefit:

1) Remove oxygen and moisture - both are not good for many things stored long term.

2) Seal the ammo from moisture. The military often packs ammo in "body bags" (rubber like vinyl bags) to protect it from moisture.

I line my .50 cal ammo cans with thick black plastic wrap and throw desiccant and O2 absorber packs in and seal it up. That ammo will outlast me by a long shot.

Replaced the battery in my daily driver - it had stopped taking a charge - mostly. This was fun - BMW did not make it easy to replace that battery but I finally figured out how to get it out without having to look it up on the internet. Interesting that the computer warned me once and only once even though the battery voltage was almost below 12 volts (way too low) - it should do a better job of that. If I didn't pay attention it probably would have left me stranded somewhere.

Filled the gas tank. Got some groceries.

Picked up a couple used Safariland holsters from a NWFA member - one fits my SIG 227 Tactical with a WML on it nicely.

Picked up a Streamlight TLR-2G.

Found some more ammo out in the shop. Also found some more reloading supplies - a canister of powder, some .310 123 gr bullets, a LOT of brass, some reloading tools.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top