JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Filled a few of my empty 20lb LP tanks today. I saw in bimart yesterday that they were out of the blue rhino trade ins, and I had never ever seen that.
Also ordered a second bar for my 18" chainsaw that gets the most use.

Watched some bushcraft vids on youtube. Got some good info on some things, practiced others a bit.

What really gets me is when they go to fix a meal after all of that work to create fire and stuff from wood they find in the field, then they produce lemons, a plastic cutting board, meat, veggies and spices out of thin air in the middle of winter in England! :rolleyes:

Watched some bushcraft vids on youtube. Got some good info on some things, practiced others a bit.

What really gets me is when they go to fix a meal after all of that work to create fire and stuff from wood they find in the field, then they produce lemons, a plastic cutting board, meat, veggies and spices out of thin air in the middle of winter in England! :rolleyes:

Don't forget that they arrived at their location in their Dacia Duster via GPS coordinates, filmed it all with their GoPro, and then edited it all on software to upload to the internet so that it could be accessed by connected devices.

Finally received my order of some flanges and complete replacement caps for some scepter military fuel cans I've had for a little while. Now I just need to reorganize the shed so I can get the busted ones out and fixed and fill them up.

df9589200cfc01393528005056a9545d.jpg

Vacuum sealed about 40 pounds of meat in the freezer and purchased a season + worth of heirloom seeds from rareseeds.com. Don't know if I'll be able to have a garden next year or not, but I'm concerned about a seed shortage, so I can store them for a few years if I need to.

Also ordered a cord each of pine and oak to be delivered Friday. Now that my man is working from home, we are going through a lot more wood.

Vacuum sealed about 40 pounds of meat in the freezer and purchased a season + worth of heirloom seeds from rareseeds.com. Don't know if I'll be able to have a garden next year or not, but I'm concerned about a seed shortage, so I can store them for a few years if I need to.

Also ordered a cord each of pine and oak to be delivered Friday. Now that my man is working from home, we are going through a lot more wood.

Yes, I just ran out of split/stacked dry wood today. This last week I have been using the furnace more. I used about a cord of wood from the middle of October to last week - so about half a cord a month.

Odds and ends:

• Worked on the 2021 "mega list," which includes preparedness items. (We, wife and yours-truly, develop those each December and then discuss and plan accordingly.)
  • Split some wood. We too are going through firewood quite a bit as the wife is working from home many days.
  • Ordered a Tanfoglio Witness in 10㎜ Automatic.
  • Ordered two spare magazines for the aforementioned.
  • Checked the fuel and ammo supply and ordered another ammo can after said.

Okay, what do you guys an gals know about panic buying/stockpiling this week that I don't? At my standard cheap stuff store today, I went to grab my usual $5-6 electric toothbrush and they were out. In fact all brands and models were wiped out, leaving an 8' wide wall of empty hooks! Kinda creepy.

Last Edited:
Okay, what do you guys an gals know about panic buying/stockpiling this week that I don't? At my standard cheap stuff store today, I went to grab my usual $5-6 electric toothbrush and they were out. In fact all brands and models were wiped out, leaving an 8' wide wall of empty hooks! Kinda creepy.
That's just Christmas shopping going on. Stocking stuffers.

Strange that, I still see Jameson on the shelves.
I don't know, but I've been told that giving Jameson's to your kids for Christmas can get you a visit from Child Protective Services. Especially after they wrap their tricycle around a telephone pole. Or start a fight at the local strip club...

Last night I filled the tank of daily driver, even though it wasn't half empty yet. I tell all 3 of my kids to do that, yet I routinely ignore my own advice.
Made a promise to do it every 3 days .

This might qualify as an early new year's resolution too?

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top