JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Restocked the emergency pantry with another month's of food for 4 people. Rotated stock. Meal planning for the next couple weeks of soon to expire food.
Did ammo inventory.
Check our emergency kit for expired batteries.

Generator I basically 'stole' from Amazon on a big sale arrived today. The next power size down in this same dual fuel model is over $800.

Free shipping to boot. We're cracking the box tomorrow.

generator.jpg

I cooked and dehydrated 4 cups of rice in chicken broth then packaged them up in 8 vac sealed bags with dehydrated veggies. I also got 10lbs of flour and some yeast for breadmaking and added 4 gallon jugs of water to the stockpile.

- Got more gas cans for the fuel storage, filled them up and added fuel stabilizer, and filled the gas tank in the Blazer.

- Checked firearms, ammo and related equipment.

- Checked the security measures already in place at the house.

- Checked water, food and medical supplies.

- Checked the firewood supply

- Put my gear on and worked out

That is all. Be safe out there, ya'll.

Last Edited:
I voted.

One of the biggest ways you can help prepare yourself is working towards a situation where your preparations are not needed. Some disasters are brought about by our own hands and our own choices.

Remember to get out and vote today if you haven't already!

Made Cofveve and braced it with a healthy amount of Whiskey, sat down at the reloading bench and cranked out 400 rounds of .45 Colt, and 100 rounds of .45/70, next up is a run of 7.62X51! After lunch, it's a trip to the Bi-Mart for needed winterizing stuff and some food's, with a stop at the gas station to tank up the van and and several "Jeep" cans worth for the Genny and heaters! Got an extra 5 gallon can of Kerosene for the storm lanterns and emergency heater, and more camp stoves!

Made Cofveve and braced it with a healthy amount of Whiskey, sat down at the reloading bench and cranked out 400 rounds of .45 Colt, and 100 rounds of .45/70, next up is a run of 7.62X51! After lunch, it's a trip to the Bi-Mart for needed winterizing stuff and some food's, with a stop at the gas station to tank up the van and and several "Jeep" cans worth for the Genny and heaters! Got an extra 5 gallon can of Kerosene for the storm lanterns and emergency heater, and more camp stoves!
Prepping for election night I see!
:s0140:

Reviewed our family's response plan and strategy for post election results. Communications checked UHF/VHF network radios, rotated stores and sipping a fine domestic bourbon. Be Safe, Be Smart and have each other's back.

Bought a new to us garage fridge. Our house fridge is counter-depth, so it's not very big (yeah, we paid extra for a smaller fridge :rolleyes: ). We had a small one in the garage, around 9 cubic feet, with a tiny freezer. Think one door for the whole thing and a door inside that opened the freezer. It would self-defrost, which meant it would constantly freeze and thaw, so everything always got freezer burnt, so we only kept blue-ice in there. I'm super happy to have a full-size GE one now so I can actually stock up on meat. It's just the two of us now, so a deep freezer would be a bit of a waste. We don't eat it that fast. Plus, all of the fridge space for orange juice, eggs, almond milk, butter, oil, antibiotics, etc. I plan to have it full by the end of the weekend.

When we got the order to evac due to the wildfire, they shut off our power within 5 minutes.

It stayed off for almost 3 days.

I have thermometers with external displays on the fridge (a wire goes into the compartment and that has a snesor on the end), the fridge freezer and the chest freezer in the shop. The fridge thermometer is broken unfortunately. So I know what the temp is currently inside the compartments, and also what the lowest and highest temps are. This way I don't have to open the compartments.

The chest freezer is set to max cold and runs anywhere between -25*F to -7*F. The fridge freezer is usually about 10*F and is set to near max cold. The fridge is set to keep it just above freezing (sometimes, things at the back of the fridge freeze).

The ambient temps ranged from high 80s to mid 60s. I was here at the end of the evac when the power was turned back on.

When the power was turned back on the temp in the chest freezer was just about 25*F. There were a few things that were starting to defrost, including ice inside the freezer - which I removed. Nothing spoiled inside the freezer. I keep the freezer mostly full, including frozen milk and a few other things that would keep it cold for longer. I think the freezer could have gone a week or more and kept everything cold enough that it would not have spoiled - assuming I never opened it.

The fridge freezer had some things that melted (fruit popsickles in the drawer), but nothing spoiled - most things were still quite cold and some were mostly frozen.

Some sliced meat in the fridge and a couple other things had to be thrown out (cottage cheese). Milk did not spoil (I think lactose free milk lasts longer because it doesn't have any lactose in it - lactose being a form of sugar, also because it is ultra-pasteurized compared to regular milk). Most things in the fridge are not that prone to spoilage - butter, condiments, olives, pickles, eggs, bread, etc. - I keep them in the fridge to make them last longer.

Neighbors ran a genset outside their garage to keep a fridge running - other neighbors came down and refilled the tank on the genset periodically. I need to get a small genset - like a 2KW Honda inverter setup to power the fridge and freezer periodically - a couple hours a day.

Bought some more TP while in Costco yesterday. I now calculate that I have enough for 10 years if I were to ration it just for myself. About 1 year if my kids bug out to my place. :D

Picked up a RAR yesterday too - going to turn it into a Scout rifle - one can never have too many rimfire rifles.

Had my yearly checkup. Supposedly I will survive for another year.:rolleyes:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top