JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Bought a bunch of stuff for the 72 hr bags:
Dehydrated foods, saw, knives, binocs, parkas, firestarting gel, bug repellant, bugbite stuff. Slowly but surely getting them all together. Great ideas on here so far!
FYI,
Big 5 has some crazy cheap (quality) knives on sale and some small but OK binocs.
Thanks I'll have to check them out

Canned 7 pints of zucchini relish.

20201001_043930.jpg

Finally got around to putting together a few of thrive life's Cupboard FIFO(first in first out) can rotation racks for our small pantry. It made it nice to see our canned veggies and fruits that we go through all time all organized. And of course once that was done, I felt I had to go through the two main kitchen cupboards of canned food and reorganize all of it as well. Thankfully I only had a couple things that were expired. I even found a #10 can of mountain house breakfast skillet that somehow made it into the kitchen cupboard instead of the storage area. It's nice to finally have a good idea of what we have in food stored.

Odds'n'Ends:

• Picked up the latest, and possibly final, silencer from the local FFL/SOT. It is kind of a "do everything" can.
  • Ordered a large quantity of delicious, shredded, canned, Argentine corned beef to supplement the stock. (I found a surprisingly inexpensive source of good Brazilian Hereford corned beef at a local Kwik-E-Mart and cleaned them out last week.)
  • Ordered a Leupold FX-II 2.5x20㎜ scope. (First order was placed with Optics Planet, only to receive an email afterwards saying they are backordered and though they charged my card now, they might get it to me in four months. Cancelled, kiss my rump OP, and then ordered from a competitor.)
  • Worked on repairing our Kawasaki MULE. Major work done, now just minor things. (It was running fine to stack a huge-gantic pile of seasoned firewood a couple weeks ago.)
  • Exchanged more email with the local Ford dealer on a replacement F150. Thus far the exchanges have been thoroughly incompetent, so I might have to find another option farther south.

Given that I only shoot my 329PD maybe once a year at most, and I don't hunt anymore, and even if I did still hunt I would probably only use 20 rounds per year at most, I bought a lifetime supply of .44 mag ammo (800 rounds of Hornady LeveRevolution), making my current supply 1K+). Couldn't pass it up, but probably should have just bought one case instead of four. I guess I can use the rest for barter if SHTF.

I harvested a rooster and introduced 5 new chickens into the flock. I roasted the rooster with fall veggies from the garden. I transplanted sone strawberries from pots that shot runners out into the bed. Harvested some onions, sage, thyme, parsley and rosemary. We're painting the house before winter so did a lot of that. I'll probably harvest another rooster next week.
So much to do... I need to practice with the baofengs and get my license soon.

Past Week: Stocked up 400 caps and 300 Hornady round ball in 375 for my Pietta 1851 Colt Navy. I had to drive from Auburn to Wenatchee Sportsman's Warehouse to do that. Plenty of ball and powder are available. But it was the only place in several states that HAD #10 Remington caps. I bought them all.

Built a soundproofing box for my small generator, and got Amazon Equal Payments on a larger dual-fuel generator. I figure it's easier to store propane than gasoline, and safer.

We're still stocking long-term food when we can get it at a good deal. Sometimes Amazon. Sometimes coupons and the Safeway or Fred Meyer.

Past Week: Stocked up 400 caps and 300 Hornady round ball in 375 for my Pietta 1851 Colt Navy. I had to drive from Auburn to Wenatchee Sportsman's Warehouse to do that. Plenty of ball and powder are available. But it was the only place in several states that HAD #10 Remington caps. I bought them all.

Built a soundproofing box for my small generator, and got Amazon Equal Payments on a larger dual-fuel generator. I figure it's easier to store propane than gasoline, and safer.

We're still stocking long-term food when we can get it at a good deal. Sometimes Amazon. Sometimes coupons and the Safeway or Fred Meyer.

What generator did you purchase?

Yeah I'd be interested in hearing more about duke fuel. That sounds pretty great?

What generator did you purchase?
The one in the picture. At $515 bucks I couldn't say no. I decided to just pay for it all it once, though. No shipping charge, but it takes a while to arrive. Won't get it until November 10 they say. I can wait. It's back up to $600 now, but that still isn't a bad deal. The next size DOWN in wattage is $835. And I don't think that size will do 240 volt option like this one. They DO provide the spare plugs. You connect them to three-wire line. I'm building a cheap sound box for it right now. Drops down on top of it, has holes front and back for the air input and the exhaust, and a drop-down side panel to access the main controls. I'm mounting a suitcase-type drawer handle on top of the box, so you can lay it over the generator sort of like a cake cover. If you do this, leave plenty of room all around for air flow or the generator could overheat. The big advantage to dual-fuel generators is that it is much easier and safer to store 40 gallons of propane than it is 40 gallons of gasoline cans in your garage.

'Deliver to Gayla' means the wife. That way I can blame the purchase all on HER. (*insert evil laugh here*) Just kidding. Our Amazon is under her name is all.
One thing I found out about Amazon is that if you keep putting an item in your Cart, and take it out again...sooner or later Amazon is going to offer you that item as cheap as it ever will get. I think they use shopping algorithms with their registered users. One time I was doing that with a massive Coleman Montana tent and they finally offered it to me for a measly $80 with free shipping. Couldn't resist that one either. Center height is over seven feet and it is 16x9 other dimensions. Picture does not show the storm fly and the front porch vestibule that comes with the tent.

generator.jpg

colemanMontana.jpg

Last Edited:
The one in the picture. At $515 bucks I couldn't say no. I decided to just pay The big advantage to dual-fuel generators is that it is much easier and safer to store 40 gallons of propane than it is 40 gallons of gasoline cans in your garage.

One thing I found out about Amazon is that if you keep putting an item in your Cart, and take it out again...sooner or later Amazon is going to offer you that item as cheap as it ever will get. I think they use shopping algorithms with their registered users.

I hear ya here! That's an awesome idea for the dual storage! I'll have to look into it!!

As far as amazon that's good to know! Looking back I can almost see that! I'll have to run some experiments "evil laughter" haha. Thanks for the info brother!

The one in the picture. At $515 bucks I couldn't say no. I decided to just pay for it all it once, though. No shipping charge, but it takes a while to arrive. Won't get it until November 10 they say. I can wait. It's back up to $600 now, but that still isn't a bad deal. The next size DOWN in wattage is $835. And I don't think that size will do 240 volt option like this one. They DO provide the spare plugs. You connect them to three-wire line. I'm building a cheap sound box for it right now. Drops down on top of it, has holes front and back for the air input and the exhaust, and a drop-down side panel to access the main controls. I'm mounting a suitcase-type drawer handle on top of the box, so you can lay it over the generator sort of like a cake cover. If you do this, leave plenty of room all around for air flow or the generator could overheat. The big advantage to dual-fuel generators is that it is much easier and safer to store 40 gallons of propane than it is 40 gallons of gasoline cans in your garage.

'Deliver to Gayla' means the wife. That way I can blame the purchase all on HER. (*insert evil laugh here*) Just kidding. Our Amazon is under her name is all.
One thing I found out about Amazon is that if you keep putting an item in your Cart, and take it out again...sooner or later Amazon is going to offer you that item as cheap as it ever will get. I think they use shopping algorithms with their registered users. One time I was doing that with a massive Coleman Montana tent and they finally offered it to me for a measly $80 with free shipping. Couldn't resist that one either. Center height is over seven feet and it is 16x9 other dimensions. Picture does not show the storm fly and the front porch vestibule that comes with the tent.

View attachment 766883

View attachment 766886

Nice. Supposedly gens run on Propane also require less maintenance / oil changes. That's at the loss of output power tho.

At 5.5K watts, loss "shouldn't" have too much of an affect if you keep an eye on usage. Call it 4.5K, or a bit under whatever the manufacturer states output is using LP.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top