JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I also picked up a Hogue overmoulded stock for a 10/22 build. I have the Tac Sol barrel for it, now I need to get an action/etc. Not going to go super expensive, just something better than stock Ruger to make a lightweight accurate hunter.

Dropped by Winco on my way home, picked up some extra groceries. Couldn't find any yeast on the shelves - I read that is something a lot of people are buying - I am pretty sure I have some in the freezer somewhere though, or maybe in the pantry?

I got both trucks started but both of them are going to need new batteries pretty soon. For now I will keep a tender on both. I have a spare battery to jump them with - but it won't fit in either truck as it is too big. Once the $ start coming in from UI (or a job) I will get new batteries for them and put in battery disconnects.

Tomorrow, if my neck loosens up, I will go cut, split and stack firewood.

I also picked up a Hogue overmoulded stock for a 10/22 build. I have the Tac Sol barrel for it, now I need to get an action/etc. Not going to go super expensive, just something better than stock Ruger to make a lightweight accurate hunter.

Dropped by Winco on my way home, picked up some extra groceries. Couldn't find any yeast on the shelves - I read that is something a lot of people are buying - I am pretty sure I have some in the freezer somewhere though, or maybe in the pantry?

I got both trucks started but both of them are going to need new batteries pretty soon. For now I will keep a tender on both. I have a spare battery to jump them with - but it won't fit in either truck as it is too big. Once the $ start coming in from UI (or a job) I will get new batteries for them and put in battery disconnects.

Tomorrow, if my neck loosens up, I will go cut, split and stack firewood.
I bought a battery jump starter from Costco and one for my sister. They are about the size of two packs of cigarettes. It comes in a case with the car charger and outlet charger and has two phone/computer charging ports and a flashlight. It is a li-ion or similar, 8000mAh with a starting current of 200A-350A.

I started my dead battery on my 460ci truck. It saved my sister when her truck wouldn't start and she needed grain and hay for her horses. She called to thank me for the gift. It is amazing, but I don't remember what I paid for it. Whatever the price, it was worth every penny.

I bought a battery jump starter from Costco and one for my sister. They are about the size of two packs of cigarettes. It comes in a case with the car charger and outlet charger and has two phone/computer charging ports and a flashlight. It is a li-ion or similar, 8000mAh with a starting current of 200A-350A.

I started my dead battery on my 460ci truck. It saved my sister when her truck wouldn't start and she needed grain and hay for her horses. She called to thank me for the gift. It is amazing, but I don't remember what I paid for it. Whatever the price, it was worth every penny.

That would start the Toyota, but not the Dodge (diesel, takes two batteries in parallel to start it).

That would start the Toyota, but not the Dodge (diesel, takes two batteries in parallel to start it).
Just buy two :s0140:. One on each battery. I was really surprised at the power in that tiny box. I used to buy the lead acid emergency jump starters, but they were always dead or wore out too fast. These hold a full charge for three months or more.

Just buy two :s0140:. One on each battery. I was really surprised at the power in that tiny box. I used to buy the lead acid emergency jump starters, but they were always dead or wore out too fast. These hold a full charge for three months or more.

I need two 800 CCA batteries for this engine minimum. Preferably two 1k CCA.

Remember, diesels have almost twice the CR of a gas engine and don't have an ignition (the Cummins 6BT does not have glow plugs, it is a direct injection diesel), so they need to turn over until the air is hot enough to ignite when the fuel is injected. What turns over a gas engine won't turn over a large diesel.

Bought a bunchload of food for the panicked riots due to shortages of food later this year.

Picked up 4 Peltor headsets for $100.

Three of them have a low power (0.15 watt) GMRS/FRS multi-channel transceiver built in - maybe good enough for 100 meters - have to test that out. Boom mic, external stereo mics (IME on any headset, these are good for amplifying external noises - especially for half deaf guys like me). Cuts off at 82 db. Has jack for connecting to phone or transceiver. PTT button and the built-in buttons navigate thru voice menus. Nice.

Gave two of them to the kids, kept one of these and the 4th (a different model - Tactical Pro - without radio or jack - just a jack for a boom mic).

The accessories are expensive - e.g., $100+ for a patch cable. I will have to find the pinouts and make my own cables to hook up to our Baefong handsets. I can kind of see why the headsets are expensive ($300+ new) but the cables are way overpriced. The connectors are industry std off the shelf, and I know from experience that having a few custom cables built like this costs about $15-$20 each, including labor - having them mass produced would cost them maybe $10 at most.

Anyway, a step up from the other headsets I have for shooting, and these may work well for emergency comms while in noisy environs (like vehicles or operating equipment).

Picked up 4 Peltor headsets for $100.

Three of them have a low power (0.15 watt) GMRS/FRS multi-channel transceiver built in - maybe good enough for 100 meters - have to test that out. Boom mic, external stereo mics (IME on any headset, these are good for amplifying external noises - especially for half deaf guys like me). Cuts off at 82 db. Has jack for connecting to phone or transceiver. PTT button and the built-in buttons navigate thru voice menus. Nice.

Gave two of them to the kids, kept one of these and the 4th (a different model - Tactical Pro - without radio or jack - just a jack for a boom mic).

The accessories are expensive - e.g., $100+ for a patch cable. I will have to find the pinouts and make my own cables to hook up to our Baefong handsets. I can kind of see why the headsets are expensive ($300+ new) but the cables are way overpriced. The connectors are industry std off the shelf, and I know from experience that having a few custom cables built like this costs about $15-$20 each, including labor - having them mass produced would cost them maybe $10 at most.

Anyway, a step up from the other headsets I have for shooting, and these may work well for emergency comms while in noisy environs (like vehicles or operating equipment).

Nice snag @The Heretic!

If they have line in, could also listen to music/books on tape etc whilst working around your place.

Have become remarkably sensitive to small engine noise within the last few years, so now always wear earmuffs with Bluetooth/music round the place doing yard work & no headaches.

Nice snag @The Heretic!

If they have line in, could also listen to music/books on tape etc whilst working around your place.

Have become remarkably sensitive to small engine noise within the last few years, so now always wear earmuffs with Bluetooth/music round the place doing yard work & no headaches.

Yup.

But I would not listen to such while operating machinery. It is hard enough operating that machinery - especially the flail mower or the chain saw - without being distracted. I usually use my Husquvarna bright orange hardhat with the face shield and ear muffs. Keeps the brush/etc. out of my eyes and protects my head and ears.

The Peltors seem to have excellent hearing protection - I will have to try them shooting.

I have a Howard Leight headset with mics, but never really liked them - don't seem to have good protection or cutoff. They are good for hearing noises in the woods though; I can hear my footsteps and the wind and so on. I do have hearing aids, but the mics on the headsets are better.

My fiance will make her first attempt at making sourdough bread today. She got the mother starter from a friend and has been fussing with it all week. I'm preparing to eat it. Alway's preppin'.

We are trying to figure out how to grow and harvest baker's yeast (not sourdough). I'm a home brewer so I may go the exact same route as propagating brewer's yeast. Even if it fails it'll still be a fun experiment with the wife.

Got in some shooting practice today. Tested a rifle (it failed). Tested some ammo - encouraging results. Tested a laser - good results - need to adjust the point of aim.

My UV-C bulb was delivered. Had it run for an hour plus in the bathroom. Definitely ozone emitting. After some work in there, I shall see how effective it is at keeping the mold under control.

Included with the bulb were two surgical masks.:s0155:

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews