JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Rechecked all my mags are loaded and placement of my guns for optimal accessibility.
Inventory of food on hand and hired a local business to get some items for me.
ZYN, creamer and Oreos.. the essentials.. lol
Caffeine, nicotine and sugar.. :D
I'm always a semi- prepper so I started this thing as ready as I can be.

We bought chickens and a chicken coop over the weekend. Normally I'd build one. The last one was an 8' x 12' walk-in variety. But my project schedule is booked through next October, so $450 for a chicken coop doesn't sound too bad.

Refreshing ammo in magazines and loaded up some additional 9mm pistol and AR-15 magazines. About 120 rounds of 124 grain HST's and 50 rounds of 147 grain +P HSTs. Added four more AR-15 30 round magazines with 62 grain M855 for a total of 8. Some have 64 grain Nosler bonded protected point defense rounds. I normally only have 4 loaded at a time.

Been out of it for months. Rough couple years. Helped out a friend who suffered badly with cancer and then died a day before his 50th, you name it I've been through it.
On a lighter note, it sure is nice to be at least a city prepper when it comes to the current Covid situation. No panic, no need to rush to the stores etc. Funny I had to move last fall and had no room for probably hundreds of cans of food and shelters wouldn't take them cause they were past expiration (idiots). So I did a middle of the night Santa Claus with a friend and went looking for homeless camps. One homeless lady in a tent at 1am over off Nicolai - "Hey do you want some food and various stuff??" ... sure.. what can you spare? .... The question how much can you take? HAHA. About 400 cans later she was crying it up ...
-
Member at Tri-County and haven't been there in ages :(. Guess they are open. I BADLY need to get there and re-tune the muscle memory and skills I've lost. Hope everyone is staying safe through what unfortunately is turning into an even crappier year.
Damn. Well I still have a sense of humor believe it or not.

We bought chickens and a chicken coop over the weekend. Normally I'd build one. The last one was an 8' x 12' walk-in variety. But my project schedule is booked through next October, so $450 for a chicken coop doesn't sound too bad.
We live on a few acres and I keep telling myself that chickens will be a PITA and produce costly eggs, well until now. We just went several days without eggs. I got a couple of feeder steers delivered Saturday and have maintained sanity by casting bullets, cleaning brass, reloading and cleaning the man cave.

Got my last med at pharmacy yesterday before insurance expired, now I have 2 months of meds for 3 out of 4 meds, and ~6 months of the one.

Picked up some "egg replacer" and baking powder & soda for baking. The powder was in a can so it should keep. The soda can also be used for cleaning, but is in a box so it won't keep as long (I think I have some somewhere in a plastic bag?).

I think I have some powdered eggs in a can somewhere, but I should probably get more. I need to dedicate some of my down time to inventorying my supplies and noting where they are.

Got more of the Nissin chow mein noodle meals - Winco has them for 80 cents each (some for 68 cents), but has a limit of 8 right now. A google search shows everybody else is charging 2-3 times that price!

I like the taste of these much better than ramen noodles. I don't know if it is the noodles (ramen and chow mein noodles are made differently, but have similar ingredients) or the sauce/seasonings or both, but I like the chow mein better, they are shelf stable, not near as salty as the cup of soup stuff, and only require hot water.

From now on, I will be buying as many of these as I can when in Winco as long as the price is good. They are filling too. I suppose it isn't good to make a steady diet of them, but once or twice a week is ok, a nice change - and they would be good for barter or handing out to someone asking for a meal (wrapped in plastic, in a plastic tub, with a foil/paper peel back top).

Researching AR pistols (building from a black lower I bought several years ago). Friend offered me his 8.5" 300BLK build for $950 (with Law Tactical folder) or his 7.5" 5.56 Sig P516 (piston with Law Tactical folder) for $1,500. I can't afford to practice much with 300BLK though and a 5.56 matches my carbine.

Researching AR pistols (building from a black lower I bought several years ago). Friend offered me his 8.5" 300BLK build for $950 (with Law Tactical folder) or his 7.5" 5.56 Sig P516 (piston with Law Tactical folder) for $1,500. I can't afford to practice much with 300BLK though and a 5.56 matches my carbine.
Pistol kits in 300 blk are about the only thing not picked clean at Palmetto State Armory.

Prepper training: took a trip just to get out of the house. (Been doing the 2 week self quarantine.)Took our travel trailer, simulated senario where we have to avoid all people and shopping.( a reality in these times) only stopped at off ramp- On ramp exits, along I-5 to avoid all rest stops, Used trailer for bathroom, cooking and relaxing.

Pistol kits in 300 blk are about the only thing not picked clean at Palmetto State Armory.

I noticed that. If I decide, I better decide soon. They have an 8.5" kit, or I can go with a 7.5" Aero Precision w/o a forward assist for $100 more. I'm afraid if I wait, it's going to be a long time before they're back in stock. Maybe I'm wrong though.

Been out of it for months. Rough couple years. Helped out a friend who suffered badly with cancer and then died a day before his 50th, you name it I've been through it.
On a lighter note, it sure is nice to be at least a city prepper when it comes to the current Covid situation. No panic, no need to rush to the stores etc. Funny I had to move last fall and had no room for probably hundreds of cans of food and shelters wouldn't take them cause they were past expiration (idiots). So I did a middle of the night Santa Claus with a friend and went looking for homeless camps. One homeless lady in a tent at 1am over off Nicolai - "Hey do you want some food and various stuff??" ... sure.. what can you spare? .... The question how much can you take? HAHA. About 400 cans later she was crying it up ...
-
Member at Tri-County and haven't been there in ages :(. Guess they are open. I BADLY need to get there and re-tune the muscle memory and skills I've lost. Hope everyone is staying safe through what unfortunately is turning into an even crappier year.
Damn. Well I still have a sense of humor believe it or not.
Long time no see. Good to see you are still above ground. :)

Went out at about 1am to deliver a care package to a friend's door and it was like a Hollywood Apocalypse movie. About five miles through Portland one way and probably saw three cars (big rigs though).

Had another friend leave out about 200 cans of Kipper Fish he just bought off Amazon because he "doesn't like the taste." Wtf? Since when does LT stored food for rough times have to taste like the Micheal Jordan Steakhouse? Amusing that some people STILL don't get it. I tried to refuse but he said he'd throw them in the garbage and didn't want to bother returning them at $1.18 each cause that meant going to the Post Office.
If any other of you guys are giving away stuff like that out of laziness please advise. :)

Went to Bi Mart and bought a Wahl hair clipper and cut my own hair. I figured all I need is the #1 attachment so whats the worst that can happen. I will say I didn't do half bad and I don't look like a porcupine now.

I Finally picked up a small solar system from HF.
It's not a lot.... But it was the biggest/last they had, and it is a start.
I definitely want something more substantial but I'll add to it a little at a time.
Waiting for the Easter sale to use the coupon for 25% off another battery...
Or 3;)
Feels good to get at least something... been nagging at me a lot lately.
4FE47344-2B63-4113-A061-16411B367E5D.jpeg

Got my last med at pharmacy yesterday before insurance expired, now I have 2 months of meds for 3 out of 4 meds, and ~6 months of the one.

Picked up some "egg replacer" and baking powder & soda for baking. The powder was in a can so it should keep. The soda can also be used for cleaning, but is in a box so it won't keep as long (I think I have some somewhere in a plastic bag?).

I think I have some powdered eggs in a can somewhere, but I should probably get more. I need to dedicate some of my down time to inventorying my supplies and noting where they are.

Got more of the Nissin chow mein noodle meals - Winco has them for 80 cents each (some for 68 cents), but has a limit of 8 right now. A google search shows everybody else is charging 2-3 times that price!

I like the taste of these much better than ramen noodles. I don't know if it is the noodles (ramen and chow mein noodles are made differently, but have similar ingredients) or the sauce/seasonings or both, but I like the chow mein better, they are shelf stable, not near as salty as the cup of soup stuff, and only require hot water.

From now on, I will be buying as many of these as I can when in Winco as long as the price is good. They are filling too. I suppose it isn't good to make a steady diet of them, but once or twice a week is ok, a nice change - and they would be good for barter or handing out to someone asking for a meal (wrapped in plastic, in a plastic tub, with a foil/paper peel back top).
Check out your nearest Asian market. They have a lot more variety in that kind of stuff, and it's usually cheaper there.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top