JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My wife bought a 32 roll carton of toilet paper today. It's gonna be worth it's weight in gold if TEOTWAWKI happens tomorrow, especially since Monkey Wards quit sending out their big catalogs.

I went to work to make more money to buy more stuff lol.

For once, I took this opportunity to take some additional days off. I get about three weeks off every year, one week in July and two weeks XMas to NewYears that are a company shutdown. But none of those days are paid - as a 'contractor' I have zero paid vacation. So I usually only only take the days during the 'shutdown'. This year I took the extra days for my own sanity and to get some work done around the property - actually, spent most of that vegetating - maybe I will get something done today.

I ordered some more ammo. Maybe I am paranoid, but I think that the anti-gun people will soon make buying ammo more difficult. California already has a law that you can only buy ammo for the caliber of your "registered" weapons. Coming soon to a store near you...

I need to get a bigger truck to haul my stuff when I bug out. ;)

Last Edited:
I ordered some more ammo. Maybe I am paranoid, but I think that the anti-gun people will soon make buying ammo more difficult. California already has a law that you can only buy ammo for the caliber of your "registered" weapons. Coming soon to a store near you...

I need to get a bigger truck to haul my stuff when I bug out. ;)

You are not paranoid - you are observant.

For once, I took this opportunity to take some additional days off. I get about three weeks off every year, one week in July and two weeks XMas to NewYears that are a company shutdown. But none of those days are paid - as a 'contractor' I have zero paid vacation. So I usually only only take the days during the 'shutdown'. This year I took the extra days for my own sanity and to get some work done around the property - actually, spent most of that vegetating - maybe I will get something done today.
This is the slow time of year for my industry... So I have to make all the money I can in the winter.

Couldn't sleep so built another AR lower from the parts I had in bins.
  • Mags drop free & easy - check
  • Safety operates properly, smoothly - check
  • Takedown pins move smoothly, detent holds them in place - check
  • Put on / Pull off two different uppers - check, check, check.

I did that route for too many years, only got paid if I worked. - no sick or vacation days. I hope that your pay reflects the lack of benefits. I finally demanded a raise to reflect the lack of benefits and got it. They were in a bind since I had been there way longer than their policy said that I should. It is also against BOLI work laws to use a contractor in place of a regular employee for longer than 6 months (?) and they finally had to hire me as a regular employee.

I get sick pay, have for a while because I worked in Portland, then Orygun passed the sick pay law too. I don't use it much as I only get sick a few days a year (about this time of year).

And I have other benefits - insurance and such.

I can't go into details about being a contractor, but it is an issue - indirectly. We'll see how it plays out.

Went and put some holes in some paper yesterday. It had been a year! My CCW renewal is coming up, and while I can still pass the shooting portion, my groups are not tight. In fact, there are no groups really, LOL. but I was able to stay within the lines. I need to practice more.

• Did 120 push-ups (40-40-40)
  • Bought some precious metals
  • Got a hose and fitting to make my Big Buddy heater work from my fireplace propane line
  • Registered for a series of classes toward a work-related certification
  • Walked the hills near my house for 30 minutes
  • Watched several Active Self Protection videos on YouTube
  • Read my Bible

A friend of mine brought that to my attention, but if you do the math it's not a great deal even on sale. At 251 calories/$ for the Wise bucket, the Ark 390 bucket from Costco is a MUCH better deal, especially when it goes on sale for $99, at 606 calories/$! The Ark 390 bucket is the best value I have found on the internet for long-term storage food, AND you get a nice 7-gallon bucket with a gamma seal lid!

shopping for survival supplies & ran into a treasure trove!!!!

Resized_20200129_101643.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top