JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ordered another 100 water purification tabs. Super light to carry, much longer shelf life than bleach, and they kill viruses that filters can't eliminate.

Bought another Leatherman tool. 2 is 1, 1 is none...

Bought another CAT Tourniquet and 4" Israeli Bandage

Talked to my neighbors about forming a neighborhood preparedness group

Did 110 push ups, 35-35-40

Sold something I didn't need for money to buy something I do

I pulled this log out of my truck (been sitting there for six months) so that the truck is freed up in case I need to drive it on public roads. I also split and stacked about a day's worth of firewood.

20191026_161254.jpg

20191026_161423.jpg

Ran the gen set for 20min. Decaped and wet tumbled 4 boxes of 50BMG brass I didn't realize I hadn't.
Replaced the battery in the daily driver and picked up a jump starter battery pack for the trunk.

** Officially MOVED ** Ugh - now three weeks going through boxes.

Having to move sucks bubblegum when you are a prepper hahaha. Seriously though, it does.

Yes, it certainly does. Been there, done that. I told my husband there was no way I was getting rid of all that "stuff". He had to just deal with it. Ammo is heavy, in case you didn't know. :rolleyes:

Scored some radio equipment for a family communications project:

Three Kenwood TK-805D transceivers:
kenwood1.jpg

One TKR-840 Repeater:

kenwood2.jpg

Best part? Free. My father-in-law was clearing out his radio equipment. :)

Man, I miss wood heat.

I use the woodstove on the weekends in the winter when I have time to get a fire going and to let it heat the house. It takes a few hours for the heat to move thru the house, but since I keep it going all day until I go to bed (when I let it die down), then the house stays warm. I have good insulation. It got down to freezing last night outside but was 58* inside.

Weekdays I turn on the furnace when I get up and then leave for work 60-90 minutes later, and when I get home at night. I don't leave it running when I am not awake.

I am currently in the process of reworking a pre 64 Mod 70 Win 30.06 into a long range survival rifle. I have had it 30 years, bedded it, now have cut the buttstock to shorten LOP, installed rubber butt plate, bedded it, floated barrel channel, reinforced the stock with 1/4X 20 cross bolts, just ordered a 17A AUG front sight for it and when that goes on a Central Iron sight goes on and I will zero it from 100 to 900 yards once I get the load refined. There is only one rear sight I have found that is capable of taking me to 1000 yards and anywhere in between and come back to zero at long range.

Sunday and Monday:

Ran the generator.

Topped off the gas cans.

Bought extra water to keep on hand. Two cases from Costco. My MT husband did the Costco running and lifting.

Double checked and cleaned his breathing machine.

Checked the water filter system and filters.

Filled up some large bottles of water in gallon jugs to keep on hand for emergencies and for traveling. Hand washing/rinsing.

I stocked up on extra bars of soap and liquid dish soap. I keep a medium to large tub of ORIGINAL Ivory Soap - plain, Dr. Bronner's - Baby Mild, Peppermint and Tea Tree soap and a bit of Zest on hand. I like Original Zest to clean eyeglasses. The Dr. Bronner's soap in the orange - citrus is a good multi purpose bar to clean the house in some things too. NOT just for your body or hair in a pinch. ADDED more here. I can use a bar of soap, if needed, to make a laundry detergent or to wash dishes too.

Stocked up and rotated food, coffee, tea and paper products in the pantry.

Rotated frozen meat and frozen vegetables.

Moved some large cuts of meat out of the large chest freezer. My husband will cut this up for me. We will cook some large BEEF roasts and use some of it for stews and soup.

Bought some extra Idaho potatoes and carrots.

Baked some extra sweet potatoes for the rest of the week. Finished up that bag of produce.

Tuesday:

I shredded some more papers, cleaned out the files a bit more and some papers in a filing tub (Not the steel metal cabinet.), double checked some things for early tax preparation and anything related for Federal and Montana state taxes. I pay this in December not in January if I need to make a final quarter payment.

Paid ahead - EXTRA on some of our regular utility bills. The real estate taxes are paid in full. We have no other bills or payments other than when the insurance is due for the vehicles and for the house.

I got some more donations for the public library together. We don't take any deductions off for a Church, a few charities or for the food bank so my husband can just drop them in the proper slot out in front of the libarary.

A few weeks ago, we updated our wills and poa papers.

Tuesday evening:

I contacted the one hospice person, not the actual caregivers, down in FL regarding my older sister and she should get back to me in the morning. I talked to an EX BIL down in FL too.

I have my husband's Rx medicines bought a bit ahead of time too. I don't take anything but Bayer aspirin and a multi vitamin/mineral.

I double checked the dates on the Vick's Vapor Rub, OTC Visine, first aid supplies for wounds, etc.

I double checked all of the extra freshly laundered clothing that I keep set aside if I can't run a washer for a time frame or hand wash needed socks/undies.

ALL of the extra supplies in linens - sheets, blankets and towels are caught up in case we go without power even though we have a generator, etc. and do not live in the boonies as I used to do but may do AGAIN.

Batteries are up to date and rotated. We have an extra German wind up and battery powered radio too.

My husband went to our range, shot his CCW handgun, cleaned it, loaded it and came home on Tuesday. He did not stay out there long.

I have one HIGH ceiling light bulb that needs to be changed and my husband is doing that for me so I don't have to hold something, unscrew a finial while standing on a ladder and go up and down after I wash/rinse/dry the GLASS. Been there - done that in the past. He can do it for me since I am not alone.

I am catching up on the news and some radio shows online now in the wee hours.

Cate
Added more and typos.

Last Edited:
At the last moments of the day (12-3-2019)......I bought 2000 rds of 9mm with the Fed Black Sale at PSA. I expect to get $100 of rebate money. So, a little over $0.15 per round (with the WA tax and free shipping).

Last time, I bought a case of WOLF, at about the same price. My son got that case.

Merry Christmas to all!

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR