JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
No kidding. It is because year's ago I researched some of the things people really need in a disaster, shortage, post earthquake, SHTF, etc. The top of the list was always TP like in 1990 when Russians would wait two days in line for TP so it just became habit to grab a box when convenient.

Then I started cleaning out the attic and misc spots and wow. Oh well NO MORE.

Sold my Ex's tanning bed that was taking up half a room for ten years doing nothing and my Terminator 2 pinball machine. As I get older the less I am into owning anything I just can't pick up and carry.

Things have a tendency to own you and not the other way around. Chris Rock once said a man has to fill up his house no matter how big or small. He was correct. But when it borders on a bunch of useless crap, or worse - hoarding, it is time to re-evaluate things.

The day I ever reduce food stores and essentials hold onto your hat. S will hit the fan the next day.

No kidding. It is because year's ago I researched some of the things people really need in a disaster, shortage, post earthquake, SHTF, etc. The top of the list was always TP like in 1990 when Russians would wait two days in line for TP so it just became habit to grab a box when convenient.

Then I started cleaning out the attic and misc spots and wow. Oh well NO MORE.

Sold my Ex's tanning bed that was taking up half a room for ten years doing nothing and my Terminator 2 pinball machine. As I get older the less I am into owning anything I just can't pick up and carry.

Things have a tendency to own you and not the other way around. Chris Rock once said a man has to fill up his house no matter how big or small. He was correct. But when it borders on a bunch of useless crap, or worse - hoarding, it is time to re-evaluate things.

The day I ever reduce food stores and essentials hold onto your hat. S will hit the fan the next day.
You got rid of the pinball machine??
Good lord, man. What are you going to do for entertainment in the apocalypse?

I bought a battery powered Simon Says toy. It will at least work when the pinball is dead in the water. Not as exciting of course. Had T2 connected to a loud stereo and wired real halogen blue police bar to light up when in multi-ball. Neighbors love me.

Took a bunch of old electronics - junk PCs, old Microwave, broken washer, etc to Green Recycling in NW Portland off Nicolai St.

Also, enjoyed a happy video this morning!

Last Edited:
WTH was that?^^^^
Why can't these people feed their families? They complain about it constantly on their smart-phones while watching their 65" 4K TV's while tying on their $200 Nikes.
It's a real problem, I tell ya!

Loaded up a big load of vz61 Škorpion magazines. I need to order some more 7.65㎜ Browning ammo tomorrow.

magorama.jpg

(Who knows when there will be an occupancy issue in hades and the dead walk the Earth. That was a joke; don't take it seriously. Though I'm not going to deny that I'm looking forward to October; a guilty pleasure of watching horror films and reading books in the same genre in anticipation for the holiday at the end of the month. :p)

** Officially MOVED ** Ugh - now three weeks going through boxes.

Having to move sucks bubblegum when you are a prepper hahaha. Seriously though, it does.

Damn bankers/Fed had crushed interest rates over the years to enrich the rich and prop up housing and stocks. Can't buy a dump for under $250k these days.

So waiting for the eventual slide. No way am I buying a home at these ridiculous prices. A buddy of mine in Vancouver successfully rented on which is basically a glorified garage for $1800 a month.

The average Joe can't afford this nonsense much longer - costs, rents, essentials like FOOD climbing like crazy while salaries/pay stagnate.

Joe in 1973 could buy a lot more and live much better than his 2019 counterpart. That means all the advances we have made including tech means nothing when it comes down to brass tax.

Meanwhile in that same period the Russians and Chinese standards of living has gone up 400%+. But as George Carlin said, with the MSM's help, no one seems to notice, no one seems to care. Gov wants us to believe inflation is up 2.3x times since 1982 and that is a joke. In 1982 you could get a nice apt for $450 and buy a decent car off Autotrader for $500. It was much easier to 'make it.'

Planted some blueberry bushes and am planning on getting an apple tree. It's a small step, but one I've been meaning to do for a while. Self sufficiency one step at a time

** Officially MOVED ** Ugh - now three weeks going through boxes.

Having to move sucks bubblegum when you are a prepper hahaha. Seriously though, it does.

Damn bankers/Fed had crushed interest rates over the years to enrich the rich and prop up housing and stocks. Can't buy a dump for under $250k these days.

So waiting for the eventual slide. No way am I buying a home at these ridiculous prices. A buddy of mine in Vancouver successfully rented on which is basically a glorified garage for $1800 a month.

The average Joe can't afford this nonsense much longer - costs, rents, essentials like FOOD climbing like crazy while salaries/pay stagnate.

Joe in 1973 could buy a lot more and live much better than his 2019 counterpart. That means all the advances we have made including tech means nothing when it comes down to brass tax.

Meanwhile in that same period the Russians and Chinese standards of living has gone up 400%+. But as George Carlin said, with the MSM's help, no one seems to notice, no one seems to care. Gov wants us to believe inflation is up 2.3x times since 1982 and that is a joke. In 1982 you could get a nice apt for $450 and buy a decent car off Autotrader for $500. It was much easier to 'make it.'

As Balki would say, "Get out of the City!"

Had to drive 2 hours round trip, but picked up a Meprolight M21 and Bushnell TRS25 for $250. A pretty good deal and I like them both, especially the M21 which should work well on my PS90.

Been backing off getting guns and turning to getting ammo and accessories, especially optics, lasers, lights, etc. - i.e., improving the guns I have, which are more than I need (but doesn't hurt to have extra - never know when or if you are going to need them).

Just ordered another M21 on Amazon. They had a used 'refurbished' one (only one) for $260. Pretty good deal as they go for $400 plus new.

Last time I ordered a 'refurbished' scope from Amazon the illumination didn't work at all so I sent it back. That's the nice thing about Amazon, if you don't abuse their system, they are pretty much good about returns.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top