JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I thought about that too, after posting my comment. Shelter in place, with all I have in store, or make a run for it? The former is probably better. At least I'll have gas to trade with those who choose the latter.

The tank on my truck is full - I filled in 2021 and have used about 1 gallon since to get firewood from my back acreage. I rarely use the truck. I rarely drive my SUV too - about once or twice a month.

I have a 55 gallon drum of gas in the shop that I use mostly for equipment (chainsaw, mower, power washer, etc.).

If SHTF, I would drive even less, I would stay home mostly - on my mountain acreage. I have little reason to leave it. Less reason if SHTF.

When diesel prices go down, I will fill the aux tank and probably the cans.

I ordered four 22L Wavian water cans. Given some of electical grid sabitoges around the Unitied States I need to more water storage. I also bought the correct clorine bleach that I keep is dark cabinet so I does not go bad for a while.

https://wavianusa.com/products/wavian-water-can-special

I also order more water openers since you need the water opening to remove the plug and the spigot is in the water can lid.

I suppose I could us a big flat head screw driver but the caps are made of plastic.

We have a lake close by but not sure if will be safe of a Mad Max situation happens. Also have a few 55 gallon rain barrels but store fresh water from out municiple water source with Clorox Bleach. But you need to be careful since scented bleach, and non-spash bleach cannot be used.

I ordered four 22L Wavian water cans. Given some of electical grid sabitoges around the Unitied States I need to more water storage. I also bought the correct clorine bleach that I keep is dark cabinet so I does not go bad for a while.

I also order more water openers since you need the water opening to remove the plug and the spigot is in the water can lid.

I suppose I could us a big flat head screw driver but the caps are made of plastic.

We have a lake close by but not sure if will be safe of a Mad Max situation happens. Also have a few 55 gallon rain barrels but store fresh water from out municiple water source with Clorox Bleach. But you need to be careful since scented bleach, and non-spash bleach cannot be used.

Take the general miles of a popular route and double it - detours/etc. due to issues on the route (traffic, accidents, floods, landslides, bridges/etc. out due to earthquake/etc.). You may have to double or triple the distance traveled.

Take your average fuel mileage and halve it - expect detours to have worse hills, more curvy roads, and anywhere to have issues where you may have to wait in long lines of traffic. Also, having to go off-road, and/or deal with mud/snow/ice/gravel

Take the results (amount of fuel needed) and double it to have a safety factor.
So, Range = AFM x 8, where AFM is average fuel mileage.
Got it... ✔️

26-liter (7-gallon), food-grade, HDPE, Aqua-tainer™ water jugs by Reliance out of Winnipeg, Canada. Find 'em at Sportsman's Whorehouse for ~$20 each.
Spigot comes with, inside the cap, just like those pricey Wavian ones. Unscrews right out, then screws in the opposite side (outside) of the cap for use - no tools required...

Water jugs.JPG

Tap action (yeah, @Flopsweat is gonna have a field day with that one... :rolleyes:)

Water jug tap01.JPG Water jug tap02.JPG Water jug tap03.JPG water jug tap04.JPG

Last Edited:
26-liter (7-gallon), food-grade, HDPE, Aqua-tainer™ water jugs by Reliance out of Winnipeg, Canada. Find 'em at Sportsman's Whorehouse for ~$20 each.
Spigot comes with, inside the cap, just like those pricey Wavian ones. Unscrews right out, then screws in the opposite side (outside) of the cap for use - no tools required...

View attachment 1342805
Had that conversation with my father in law.

He said:
"We've got our 1000 meals of emergency food."

"What about water?" I asked.

"Water?"

"Yeah water. In your hypothetical scenario that you think you'll be unable to go to the grocery store and buy food, you think the city water will still be running reliably? You'll die in 3 days without water. You could survive weeks without food."

"That's a good point."

Are those utility jugs BPA free? It does not say in the descrption looking at the website. We don't have any Bi-Mart close by. The near one is in Port Orchard, WA for me.
FYI: Food-grade HDPE #2 is BPA-free. See Post #11,190, above. Less than half the price and just as good as the Wavian stuff you bought...

PS: I'm not talking about the jugs The Heretic posted and you're asking about. Rather, I'm talking about the Reliance jugs that I bought.

FYI: Food-grade HDPE #2 is BPA-free. See Post #11,190, above. Less than half the price and just as good as the Wavian stuff you bought...

PS: I'm not talking about the jugs The Heretic posted and you're asking about. Rather, I'm talking about the Reliance jugs that I bought.
Are they sturdy? Does not say anything about the the thickness or anything. I guess I am spoiled since I own a few 20L Wavian Jerry cans for gasoline as well so I bought the Wavian water cans. Yes I know they are not the cheapest.

Are they sturdy? Does not say anything about the the thickness or anything. I guess I am spoiled since I own a few 20L Wavian Jerry cans for gasoline as well so I bought the Wavian water cans. Yes I know they are not the cheapest.
Yes, they're made of a very thick HDPE. I don't know what the actual mil thickness is, but short of a 9mm, I find them practically indestructible.
Of course, there's always some yahoo who has to drop a deuce in the reviews, so take that with a large sack of salt...

Last Edited:
$400

• Protects against viruses, bacteria, parasites, microplastics, dirt, sand, and cloudiness
  • Independently lab tested, durable and BPA Free
  • Includes Ultrafiltration Membrane with a lifetime of 26,000 gallons - enough for 75 people for 3-5 years

F52F5B6C-9E40-499A-A25C-7F013BCFF75F.jpeg

• Includes Ultrafiltration Membrane with a lifetime of 26,000 gallons - enough for 75 people for 3-5 years
Something about that "3-5 years" claim doesn't make sense. I can see maybe 1 year at the most (not "3-5")...

If we assume the standard conservation rate during a SHTF scenario and base consumption upon 1 gallon of water per person per day, then...

Q = (1 gal/person/day) x (75 persons) x (365 days/year)
Q = 27,375 gallons.

Seems at best it's good for 0.95 gal/person/day with 75 people sucking off of it, and that will barely get you to 1 year...
To get anywhere even close to 3 years for 75 people, each one of them is gonna hafta to live on less than ⅓ of a gallon per day.
Don't even get me started with what they'd be down to if they think they're gonna go 5 years...

Last Edited:
Reliance Products (Relianceoutdoors) also sells a waste gelation product that can turn a gallon of black water to an odorless solid with just 3 tablespoons of their powder.
They also sell "double-doody" waste bags for use in their line portable toilets.

Or, you can make your own with heavy trash bags and a ripped up "pampers" to line the household toilet

Last Edited:
Reliance Products also sell a waste gelation product that can turn a gallon of black water to an odorless solid with just 3 tablespoons of their powder.
They also sell "double-doody" waste bags for use in their line portable toilets.

Or, you can make your own with heavy trash bags and a ripped up "pampers" to line the household toilet
I stocked up on Hefty bags and kitty litter for the "solids disposal" aspect of bugging in. Are you suggesting that the double-doody bags may be a better route?

Something about that "3-5 years" claim doesn't make sense. I can see maybe 1 year at the most (not "3-5")...

If we assume the standard conservation rate during a SHTF scenario and base consumption upon 1 gallon of water per person per day, then...

Q = (1 gal/person/day) x (75 persons) x (365 days/year)
Q = 27,375 gallons.

Seems at best it's good for 0.95 gal/person/day if 75 people are sucking off of it, and that will barely getcha to 1 year...
To get anywhere even close to 3 years for 75 people, each one of them is gonna hafta to live off of less than ⅓ of a gallon per day.
Don't even get me started what they'd be down to if they thing they're gonna go 5 years...
Maybe they're talking about teeny-tiny people.

15FD4050-C2D2-4FDE-A2C4-95F33C7473E4.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads