JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well - I kind of jinxed myself; this morning my SL system went offline. I checked it and the router was offline. So I checked the power to it and found the EF power station was no longer outputting AC. *sigh* :(

So now I need to troubleshoot that.
I did hear back from ecoflow. they wanted a video of the problem so I sent them one. nothing back from that yet. I tried various things to reset the system - my bet is that it got a firmware update and failed? I don't know. Not confidence inspiring.

Tomorrow I am thinking I will split some of the wood I have in the shop and move it to the porch so that I have more wood. I am thinking with the snow coming and then freezing rain, we will almost assuredly have power outages due to trees/limbs falling on lines and car accidents taking out power poles (yes, the mountain had that happen several times due to idiot drivers).

Keeping my eyes on diesel prices.

I have two diesel tanks sitting empty. The 250+ gal tank will remain empty until I sell & move.

The 106 gal aux tank for my flatbed truck? I will load that up into the back of the Toyota pickup, and fill it up - when prices come down to about $3/gallon 🤞 - if they ever do. Considering whether to fill it with red dye fuel or not, since it will be emergency fuel.

Keeping my eyes on diesel prices.

I have two diesel tanks sitting empty. The 250+ gal tank will remain empty until I sell & move.

The 106 gal aux tank for my flatbed truck? I will load that up into the back of the Toyota pickup, and fill it up - when prices come down to about $3/gallon 🤞 - if they ever do. Considering whether to fill it with red dye fuel or not, since it will be emergency fuel.
Farm fuel would seem to make sense, since you wouldn't use such on road (in normalcy).

Farm fuel would seem to make sense, since you wouldn't use such on road (in normalcy).
Googling, it seems the gov is cranking down on red dye fuel, limiting its use even more - e.g., construction equip will have to run road diesel? :s0092:

That's pols/bureaucrats for you; always looking for a way to extend their tax base.

Whatever. :rolleyes: *sigh*

I will just keep an eye on the prices and buy some when it seems like it might be a reasonable price. I filled the 37 gal tank on my truck last year so it still has plenty in it - I drove it home from the fuel station and only used it a few miles to haul firewood from my back acreage - probably still more than 36 gallons in it. The aux tank would last me for years if SHTF.

When I move and setup the 250+ gal tank, then I will be set (although I have plans for the truck; convert it to an RV, and use the aux tank and propane - I usually wouldn't be using the fuel from the 250 gal tank most of the time).

Running low on firewood at the house, so I went out to the shop and split some of this wood, then moved that to inside the house.
_nc_ohc=RukAxRf3LiQAX8Y2XW0&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.jpg
Still plenty left out there, but it has been cold and is getting colder, so I am running the furnace. I expect to have a power outage before XMas

Googling, it seems the gov is cranking down on red dye fuel, limiting its use even more - e.g., construction equip will have to run road diesel? :s0092:

That's pols/bureaucrats for you; always looking for a way to extend their tax base.

Whatever. :rolleyes: *sigh*

I will just keep an eye on the prices and buy some when it seems like it might be a reasonable price. I filled the 37 gal tank on my truck last year so it still has plenty in it - I drove it home from the fuel station and only used it a few miles to haul firewood from my back acreage - probably still more than 36 gallons in it. The aux tank would last me for years if SHTF.

When I move and setup the 250+ gal tank, then I will be set (although I have plans for the truck; convert it to an RV, and use the aux tank and propane - I usually wouldn't be using the fuel from the 250 gal tank most of the time).
Diesel doesn't store for a long time to my understanding. Do you know something I dont?

I acquired a small temperature and humidity sensor for the gun safe. It's small (approx 3" x 3") but easily readable and seems to be working well. Recommended for the price.

For the price, good deal. Everyone should have a temp/humidity sensor for their safe. Mine also measures the outside temp/humidity and one sensor is in the safe so you don't have to open the safe each time.

I also purchased a goldenrod and 15 pounds of indicating desiccant. I made my own Eva-Dry., Two of my Eva-Dry's seem to have burned up from leaving them plugged in too long. I am going to contact them and see if I can get replacements.

My home made descant is easy to refresh in the oven at around 250 degrees for several hours with the oven door cracked open.

I acquired a small temperature and humidity sensor for the gun safe.
For the price, good deal. Everyone should have a temp/humidity sensor for their safe. Mine also measures the outside temp/humidity and one sensor is in the safe so you don't have to open the safe each time.
I have a Goldenrod heater in the safe, but why do I care what the temperature or humidity is in there if the Goldenrod is working? Ain't just knowing it's working good enough? :s0092: Seems it's always warm inside the safe whenever I open it...

I have a Goldenrod heater in the safe, but why do I care what the temperature or humidity is in there if the Goldenrod is working? Ain't just knowing it's working good enough? :s0092: Seems it's always warm inside the safe whenever I open it...
It kind of depends on how often you open your safe. It is nice to just glance at the display to see that everything is working and the humidity is low.

If you have ever been to the east coast in the spring, temperatures are 80-90 degrees often with 90 percent humidity. Heat alone will not protect your guns.

It kind of depends on how often you open your safe. It is nice to just glance at the display to see that everything is working and the humidity is low.
I don't open it but once or twice a month during this time of year when the temps are cooler and the humidity is higher. Most of the guns that are in there, I shoot mostly during the warmer months. All of the guns I need on a daily basis are already strategically stashed around the house.
If you have ever been to the east coast in the spring, temperatures are 80-90 degrees often with 90 percent humidity. Heat alone will not protect your guns.
I lived in northern Virginia for years. If you think the spring is bad, just try July and August. Trust me, I now what high humidity is... :eek:

I lived in northern Virginia for years. If you think the spring is bad, just try July and August. Trust me, I now what high humidity is... :eek:
I spent a summer at Yorktown TRACEN (CG 'A' school).

Humidity matched temps and the temps were in the upper 90s.

Then we would have a thunderstorm and temps would drop - for about 20 minutes and then go back to "normal".

Repeat and rinse.

Oh, and the flies. Each student was issued a fly swatter and we would take breaks during class to sweep up all of the flies we killed.

Nothing, the thought of buying groceries while hunkered down through this ice storm never even crossed my mind. I have plenty of everything to cook, I did purchase one loaf of bread on Tuesday at Winco or should I say Shizshowco?

I like to feel my rod occasionally to make sure it's still working.

Last Edited:
Grabbed a new set of chains for my car for $20.

Have a gallon of whole milk in the freezer dryer.

I've had powdered milk before, it tastes like white water. I hear freeze dried whole milk, it's impossible to tell the difference flavor wise...

Should be really handy on the go or camping...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top