JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Was never so happy as when my dad decided to start using 1500 pound Swedish rolls vs the 100 pound bales of hay. Let the tractor do the work. No more hay mows.

My Dad, brother and I, with the neighbor and help from the driver used to unload 40 tons of alfalfa in a day. I was tired and couldn't breath for days. Luckily I was a teenager and recovered quickly.

Horses and Angus cattle. MONEY PIT.
I dated a woman in my 20s who owned two horses and all of her money was spent on boarding fees, food, and vet bills, etc. That's not even mentioning that she spent a huge amount of time at the stable cleaning them, ensuring they had food, etc. Colossal time and money sink.

Of course, anyone could say the same for my hobbies.

I dated a woman in my 20s who owned two horses and all of her money was spent on boarding fees, food, and vet bills, etc. That's not even mentioning that she spent a huge amount of time at the stable cleaning them, ensuring they had food, etc. Colossal time and money sink.

Of course, anyone could say the same for my hobbies.
Times have changed a lot since the old days. My grandfather in Arkansas had horses and mules, and they were essentially tools to get work done or toys for grandchildren to enjoy. Not much money was ever spent on them.

They spent most of their time roaming the hills, gullies, and woods, and were just tame enough to catch, ride, or work. Some were more difficult than others; some were mean and downright dangerous.

If one of them became too much of a problem, it was either traded away or shot. One big palomino was peppered with bird shot to make it stop attacking a smaller horse, as I recall. I'm pretty sure Pop traded him off after that.

But that was the experience of people who were "land-rich and dirt-poor". I'm sure the more valuable horses were much better cared-for than the ones I grew up around.

This is a picture of me at about 10 years old, on a palomino named Champ. He was a rascally one.

If I could, I'd have some horses on my place. They're hardy beasts, and don't need gasoline.

0B036E96-EE04-49C9-AC35-351489B01D80.jpeg

3 boxes 9mm arrived from Sportsman's Warehouse. I'm still trying to avoid crowds if I can purchase online. Current Oregon Covid-19 death rate 201 per 100,000. 19 deaths/day in Oregon. Be safe.

I ordered and installed two garage shield devices on my garage doors. I was using zip ties to secure the rope but in case a fire in the garage and power is out I may not have time cut the zip ties. For insurance purposes it may be illegal as well.

You can probably make your own but I ordered them and installed both in less than 5 minutes.

https://thegarageshield.com/

D15AEE15-F8DA-4842-93E4-DFB058709EB5.jpeg

2/10 of one percent. It's a killer
Hard to say what the true numbers are.

I was told by a first responder that a fellow who died as the result of falling off a ladder was declared a C19 death - apparently because he had the germ at the time of his death. Go figure.

Makes a man wonder about things sometimes.

Picked apples today, but didn't use a ladder. Just about the time my back said "Time to stop", a Great Horned Owl started talking.

A very nice way to end the day. Now, if I can talk my wife into making some more applesauce…

503E1281-F363-43F9-921C-F5805E5955CE.jpeg

I was told by a first responder that a fellow who died as the result of falling off a ladder was declared a C19 death - apparently because he had the germ at the time of his death. Go figure.

Picked apples today, but didn't use a ladder. Just about the time my back said "Time to stop", a Great Horned Owl started talking.

A very nice way to end the day. Now, if I can talk my wife into making some more applesauce…

View attachment 1277992
I love those pickers. I have one for apples/pears and another head for cherries. My balance isn't what it used to be and those three leg ladders can be dangerous. Nice looking apples.

View attachment 1277992
I've heard reports of car accidents, shooting victims, people going to ER for broken bones(from close family/friends) all tested positive for the big scary "covid 19". Hospitals are testing for the money sent from papa government. It's just a big money grab. The flu and Driving an automobile are both Statistically more dangerous.

Nice haul on the apples. I've started pruning my fruit trees the last few years pretty radically so I don't have to use a picker or a ladder. Works great all the fruit is in arms reach. If interested check out "back to eden gardening (pruning)" on YouTube.

I've been improving the lighting on my truck.
I replaced the halogen bulbs with LED bulbs, which improved how I see the road/etc.
I then noticed that I could not see anything when I was backing up so I ordered this:
71vxfDPYmZL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

We'll see how well that works. I intend to install it such that the lights are on the upper side.

I will also try it on my pickup but not sure it will fit due to the bumper. If that works I will get another.

I also noticed the rear marker lights in the frame were kaput, so I ordered some LED bulbs for those.

I explored getting a light bar - one with turn signals/etc., but for now decided against it. If someone hits the rear of my truck they will total their car for sure, but maybe only scratch the frame that holds the hitch - it is built like the rear end of most much larger trucks - not something you want to hit at any speed.

I thought about getting some work lights for the headache rack/bar, but could not find any that easily attach to a square bar that has a grid attached to it.

View attachment 1277992
Applesauce? Buy a press and make cider!

I've heard reports of car accidents, shooting victims, people going to ER for broken bones(from close family/friends) all tested positive for the big scary "covid 19". Hospitals are testing for the money sent from papa government. It's just a big money grab. The flu and Driving an automobile are both Statistically more dangerous.

Nice haul on the apples. I've started pruning my fruit trees the last few years pretty radically so I don't have to use a picker or a ladder. Works great all the fruit is in arms reach. If interested check out "back to eden gardening (pruning)" on YouTube.
Too many places starting leaking stories about family members killed in a car accident and the cause of death being listed as "Covid" which was ridiculous.

That forced pretty much all states to start differentiating between "dying WITH Covid" vs "dying DUE TO Covid".

Don't get me wrong, a whole bunch of (old and very unhealthy) people did die from Covid, but there were also many who supposedly "died of Covid", that absolutely did not die from it. The sad part it because it is now known that local governments did this, it doesn't matter if the falsely attributed Covid deaths were 0.0001% or 10% of the total, they fostered more distrust of govt and officials, and that cannot be repaired.

I've been improving the lighting on my truck.
I replaced the halogen bulbs with LED bulbs, which improved how I see the road/etc.
I then noticed that I could not see anything when I was backing up so I ordered this:
View attachment 1278125

We'll see how well that works. I intend to install it such that the lights are on the upper side.

I will also try it on my pickup but not sure it will fit due to the bumper. If that works I will get another.

I also noticed the rear marker lights in the frame were kaput, so I ordered some LED bulbs for those.

I explored getting a light bar - one with turn signals/etc., but for now decided against it. If someone hits the rear of my truck they will total their car for sure, but maybe only scratch the frame that holds the hitch - it is built like the rear end of most much larger trucks - not something you want to hit at any speed.

I thought about getting some work lights for the headache rack/bar, but could not find any that easily attach to a square bar that has a grid attached to it.
I have replaced my tail lights and backup lights with LEDs lights and I can see more when I backup with the brighter LED lights instead of an incandescent bulbs. I do not think the that you showed would work on my pickup truck either.

https://www.amazon.com/Ultra-Slim-S...ckup+lights+truck&qid=1663543219&sr=8-46&th=1

Last Edited:
I have replaced my tail lights and backup lights with LEDs lights and I can see more when I backup with the brighter LED lights instead of an incandescent bulbs. I do not think the that you showed would work on my pickup truck either.

https://www.amazon.com/Ultra-Slim-Single-LED-1530lm-Waterproof/dp/B06XHXLMYT/ref=sr_1_46?tag=mochaglobal10-20&ascsubtag=srctok-e492428e12f8d3ad&btn_ref=srctok-e492428e12f8d3ad&keywords=led+backup+lights+truck&qid=1663543219&sr=8-46&th=1
I installed the lights on my receiver. I tested them first. Going to need to wire them in somewhere.

They won't work on my pickup because the bumper is too close to the receiver - I would have to take the bumper off, not worth the hassle, I could get a light strip instead, and I probably will.

The LED bulbs I got for my marker lights are too long to fit under the lens, so I will look for some others. The ones I got are 1156 which are supposed to interchange with 69, but these do not. I will try to use them on the pickup which takes 1156 for backup and turn signals. I noticed the driver side front turn signal isn't working - the lens is cracked so the bulb is probably kaput.

I want to get some new headlights for the pickup too, but I am going to make sure I can remove the stock ones first. The front sheet metal on the pickup is tweaked a bit. I might just get some LED lights I can put on the push bar instead.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top