JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've tried their pizza one and another or 2 just for fun. Taste wise, they are okay, but calorie wise, it's a snack not a meal and if I'm out and about. I need the calories and nutrition to be fueled for my activities..

Mountain house is not self heating but I can be filled by eating one of their packets and they are usually 700 calories or so.
MH did have heaters and "self-heating" meals at one time. The heaters for MREs which are readily available would work too, although I haven't tried to use them, I do have some.

FD food can be rehydrated without hot water, it just takes longer.

I started my spinach plants!
I'm doing the "Shish-Ka-Bob" Garden this year. So, you do Tomatoes, Onions, 3 types of Bell Peppers, Zucchini and theoretically you only need to get the meat to make your bob complete. Ready for the Grill!

So far, nothing has died 😂 (yet.) But have had something eating holes in my Pepper leaves. So I got some Savin and applied in the evening, washing off the next morning. Did this twice. Seems to have arrested the problem. We will see.

Received the remaining solar panels that I ordered.

Right now I am charging the battery on my car with the folding "portable" panels that came with a charge controller. These are just two framed 50 watt panels connected together, so they are heavy - not something you would want to pack very far.

I intend to look into the much lighter flexible panels meant for backpacking. Renogy has some on sale, but they are 6 volt and I want something that is at least 12 volt so I can use them to charge 12 volt batteries too.

Received the remaining solar panels that I ordered.

Right now I am charging the battery on my car with the folding "portable" panels that came with a charge controller. These are just two framed 50 watt panels connected together, so they are heavy - not something you would want to pack very far.

I intend to look into the much lighter flexible panels meant for backpacking. Renogy has some on sale, but they are 6 volt and I want something that is at least 12 volt so I can use them to charge 12 volt batteries too.
Well, the folding panels worked and took the input voltage to 12.8 volts, and eventually would have charged the battery if I had enough time. But I wanted to learn if I could add another panel with the parallel connections that came with the kit. So I figured out what went where and hooked them up. I then got 13.5 volts which would have charged the battery faster.

I didn't start doing this until about 4PM so I didn't get much charging done, and today is overcast so I am not going to bother - but I am learning what the panels can do and how much sun and panel wattage is necessary. And yes, that tilt on the panels was optimum for where the sun was - you can tell by the voltage output.

The folding kit has a charge controller on the back of it and it also has a voltage meter - but I wasn't trusting that, I was using my own VOM.

1654192605833.png

With everything going on, I decided to purchase 10 more mags for my ARs, and a case each of 5.56 and 9mm. Also got some good deals on bulk rice at Winco. Godspeed folks, things seem to be really heating up.

Ordered 1200 rounds of 9mm lung destroyers and 18 deadly high capacity magazines. Mainly because only so many days left before WA state ban goes into effect. I probably didn't need them, but the fact they won't let me buy them makes me want more.

Also picked up a pot still to distill....umm...water, yah water. I have two batches under my belt and it'll provide me with some trade stock, because...you know....water will be hard to find.

Told my favorite gun shop. If a ban is announced, put all the evil guns and mags in my name on layaway... lol..

I'll pickup another set of mags for my AK tomorrow and Saturday.

Bought a 275gal IBC tote, filled it mostly with water, plan is to shade it, keep it cool, put up a solar panel, water pump, and a closed loop Swamp type cooler (without adding moisture) and a collection pan for the condensation.

When the sun comes up, the solar panel will recharge the battery and power the 12v pump and fans, water will be pumped from the tote in through a window adapter to the heat exchanger and back to the tote... based on testing, I may add an underground coil system to assist in cooling the water...

By programming the solar controller and connecting to a relay, I can have the system auto shutoff after the sun goes down when the battery hits a certain voltage...

The goal of the system is to provide additional cooling, remove the heat generated in said small room by a future large vertical freezer and the existing home freeze dryer... Goal is to have a cooling system not drawing power on the existing outlets to save some money and have a system that will have cooling in case of loss of power..

Also put a load of ice-cream in the freeze drier and prepped started defrosting the next load, hamburger and chicken...

• Brought the mobile in for repair and hit any place that might have .44 Magnum on the walk back to my office. Alas, no Forty-Forty fodder.
  • Checked the canned good inventory my better half compiled over the weekend.
  • Ordered some more 30-round M1/M2 magazines. (KCI make.)
  • Ordered some more 32-round Mac-10 magazines. (Zytel type.)
  • Finished a gunsmithing-related book.
  • Picked away a little on the GMRS project I've been work on.

Today, I went exploring in the garage.

I found some more M2 (.30-06 ammo) in bandoleers. Yes, they are up for sale in the classifieds.

I also worked on the old compressor (oil less style). The motor is shot. I saw pictures of the entire assembly and was encouraged. But then, the internet says the direct replacement part is no longer being produced/available. I'll have to call the manufacturer tomorrow, to see if they have a newer suggested replacement part.

I don't want to have to trash the tank. But, yeah......I could just make a BBQ out of it.

Aloha, Mark

PS.....just got back from the air compressor parts place here in Portland, OR. NO LUCK with parts.

Last Edited:
Easy prep…….question though..
Family member was not happy with the color of the soap she made….. so,…free!!!! Cool smells great too.
Do I need to wrap soap in airtight container?

7CF6E205-DEE0-40C0-BCA8-3FFB9BDCA194.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads