JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Odds'n'ends:

• Did repair work on our Kawasaki MULE and ordered some parts for said.
  • Ordered another 250 rounds of 240-grain .44 Magnum.
  • Ordered more .380 ACP / 9㎜.
  • Bought more canned goods.
  • Checked on the Strategic Pomade Reserve. :s0165:

Last Edited:
Finally Taking my HVAC-R training placement test today….. to begin union classes. I'm currently a light commercial refer tech few years but I was encouraged to take free classes. Knowledge preps, experience of the technical trades. Keep that stuff cool.

Prepped another load of food for the freeze dryer.
Bought more Mylar bags and oxygen absorbers for long term food storage.
Received the pepper ball launchers which I bought for scenarios when deadly force can be avoided.
Took out the short range radio to play with it and remember how to use it.
Need to review and update the Family Emergency Plan, including updating meeting/bugout locations.
Need to buy radioactive detection device and Iodine pills, since it appears the lunatics in Washington totally lost their minds and are actively cruisin' for a bruisin'.
Need to find/get better comms.
Need to find vendor for cheaper pepper balls.

Pulled the trigger today on inking the installation contract for taking my home solar.
Installation should be complete in 6-8 weeks. Most of that is permitting wait times...

Pulled the trigger today on inking the installation contract for taking my home solar.
Installation should be complete in 6-8 weeks. Most of that is permitting wait times...
I am hoping my future building plans include solar, both power and heating. Geothermal too. I watched the YT vid on earth tubes the one guy was using with a Walipini greenhouse in Nebraska and that was encouraging. I had read about earth tubes before, but I wasn't sure they were adequate for a year round greenhouse by themselves. At the very least they would be a good base start.

My plan is to have at least a green house along the south facing length of a shop (the east side would be the vehicle doors), with the back of the greenhouse being the front of the shop. This would provide both the shop and the greenhouse with a thermal mass and insulation. Also, something of a barrier against small arms fire.

If that works out, then hopefully try the same thing for a house.

I plan to have the solar on a ground level installation, not on a roof. The land should have plenty of room for such.

I am hoping my future building plans include solar, both power and heating. Geothermal too. I watched the YT vid on earth tubes the one guy was using with a Walipini greenhouse in Nebraska and that was encouraging. I had read about earth tubes before, but I wasn't sure they were adequate for a year round greenhouse by themselves. At the very least they would be a good base start.

My plan is to have at least a green house along the south facing length of a shop (the east side would be the vehicle doors), with the back of the greenhouse being the front of the shop. This would provide both the shop and the greenhouse with a thermal mass and insulation. Also, something of a barrier against small arms fire.

If that works out, then hopefully try the same thing for a house.

I plan to have the solar on a ground level installation, not on a roof. The land should have plenty of room for such.
Once I buy my retirement/redoubt property in Idaho, I will be putting in a ground-based solar installation.
I'll have 40+ acres (my bare minimum property size) within which to situate it, so no use stickin' it on the roof with that much ground to play with...

Last Edited:
Once I buy my retirement/redoubt property in Idaho, I will be putting in a ground-based solar installation.
I'll have 40+ acres (my bare minimum property size) with which to situate it, so no use stickin' it on the roof with that much ground to play with...
Yeah - I am thinking 5-10 acres will be the minimum for me.

I would certainly prefer more acreage, especially forested, but with acreage going sky high here, even acreage well outside of a commute to most jobs, that might be all I can afford and still have enough $ to build what I want. I know with water, the right soil and exposure/etc., I can grow enough food to live on.

Previously acreage outside of a commuting distance was noticeably cheaper than inside that distance, but more people are retiring, and more people are willing to drive further to work in order to live away from Portland, and people with land/houses in the boonies see this as an opportunity to cash in on their land. I am one of them, but I am just inside what used to be considered a tolerable commute - now with a lot more people working from home, that distance is less of an issue for some (they are in for a bit of a shock when they see how poor internet is out here).

The wife has a fantastic garden growing, just pulled a cluster of radishes and they are delicious. Bought a bunch of canning supplies for so we can save the extra stuff we don't eat.

Got my super 100 cherry seeds in today, probably plant them tomorrow.

Got some ammo, some crazy fast copper polymer .22lr, regular .22lr and another box of 9mm 20220521_213000.jpg

Sounds great. Good good….
I've been thinking about things…. Think I have couple trees that would hinder … more firewood and would probably plan it shortly (funds dependent) after a new roof. Try and prolong remove and reinstall.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top