Candles are a bad fire danger.Oh, get some candles. Cheap, and a nice source of an open flame for an extended period of time. Valuable for fire starting under less than ideal conditions. A shoebox full of small to medium sized candles is a good idea, I think.
Candles caused 2% of reported home fires, 3% of home fire deaths, 6% of home fire injuries, and 4% of the direct property damage in home fires.
Better to have the LED candles that run on batteries, and even then those are not efficient.
I generally do not have open flame in the house or shop, especially for lighting (I do have a propane space heater for the shop, but rarely use it).
I do have a woodstove, and I have battery powered lighting that gives off about as much light as a candle for a longer time (56 hours for one, 200 hours for another) than candles, they are rechargeable, have modes for more power, I can clip them to the bill of my ball cap, and they are water/wind proof.
I also have a multi-fuel (liquid) mantle lantern that gives off a LOT more light than any candle, and can be used to heat food.