JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Finally finished staining the shop. All siding on both house and shop is now brand new and protected with stain. This has been a 2 year project. Also stacked 3 cords of wood next to the shop. Happy to have got all that done before the weather went to crap.

I had a sleep study done and now I have a machine that pumps air into me so I don't stop breathing in my sleep so often.

This is the year I end the procrastinating I have been doing regarding taking care of health problems.

Good Job!

In my case, I try to speed-up my run-times for the Shamrock 8K Run, each year. Problem is, I'm entering my mid-50's.

Took the Mosin Nagant out for for some practice. Of course, it was cleaned immediately after shooting.

And, I tried some new cheap 22LR for functioning tests in the Walther P22. BTW......it was GTG. That gives me another excuse to buy more for the SHTF stockpile.

IMG-0532.jpg

Aloha, Mark

• A bunch of magazines came in and they got rustproofed.
  • Replenished canned goods. My two kiddos go through cheese like there is no tomorrow, so I am trying some bulk, canned, shredded cheese. The question is if they'll go for it. One universal about lil' people is they are picky eaters.
  • Handled some issues related to the FFL.
  • Looked over a bunch of land in an area we're considering. Found a 42 acre plot that is very interesting indeed, but am waiting to hear back on some questions.
:)

Very cool keep us posted!

In preliminary research but it looks interesting. Not 100% about the location, though I have been there on occasion, and it is the general zone we're aiming for. Elevation is up there, and having lived in the high plains before, I remember the winters. Winters aren't a deal breaker, but the questions around water could possibly be. But, still a fruitful beginning. :)

Time to replace my water stores (about 160 gallons, 20g drums). Am I the only city guy that does this? I prefer to do it at night when all the clueless neighbors are not watching. Last year Mrs Kravitz came by - "What in the world are you doing? Don't you know water is free?''

During the winter, as a practice to save $$, I have been heating with the woodstove on the weekends and days that I am home all day, when it makes sense to build and tend a fire.

Last couple of weekends, even though I have a cord of wood in a covered porch, I have been going out, splitting rounds in the yard and bring them in and burning those instead. This is mostly hardwood (mostly maple) and most of the rounds are mostly dry (notice I mostly use the word "mostly"?). That way I don't use up the wood on the porch, saving it for when it is too cold/wet to go out and split wood, or it is covered by snow.

Been a pretty dry November - it is a beautiful day today to be outside.

Some ordered goods came in. One that I think is going to work out well is some rain paints from Field Supply for $59. They are Browning Capers - semi bib pants (bib is in the back).

512wSIiugPL._SX425_.jpg

They have a soft non reflective soft outer material that will probably be quiet in the brush, and the waterproof material is on the inside. They also have a partial gaiter on the bottom with a boot hook and there are zippers that go well up the legs. The seams are taped.

I had a simple pair of cheap nylon rain pants but I gave them to my daughter. So I need to replace those and saw these on sale. If I have to walk home they will be better than cheap rain suit pants - warmer and drier. They probably would not hold up long term to rough use (they would wear out too fast), the material and seams being too light for that, but should be more than adequate for getting home or to shelter in inclement weather - and better than single light use nylon pants.

So these will go into my daily driver for emergencies where I get stuck someplace in bad weather.

Bought a brand spankin new

Honda EU2200i Suitcase Generator/Inverter

00m0m_i3F9H9Nyjjy_600x450.jpg

Ordered 3 cases of Federal 22 LR 36 grain CPRN 1600 Round Bulk Pack from palmetto state armory $179.97 w/the $20.00 mail in rebates

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top