JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Camelbak. Not very exotic or hardcore in the whole SHTF gear arena, but an extremely useful implement if you get the right size/features. My trusty Jansport lasted me decades in a dozen countries, but it's essentially a floppy bag on floppy straps with water bottles loose inside. Not very efficient/comfortable even for short treks.

Odds and ends ....

• Started a new book entitled Survival Fitness, by Sam Fury. The last few months have been insane schedule-wise, so my gym time has suffered dramatically. But I am back to it and looking to expand my fitness routines.
  • Ordered a book about wildfires entitled Surviving Wildfire: Get Prepared, Stay Alive, Rebuild Your Life, by Linda Masterson. It should be in soon and I will have it read before the next season.
  • Worked on the wood supply. I'm going to have to buy another cord of wood. In year past, I have felled, seasoned, and split my own, but the year has been hell at the office. So, I buy, split, and store for this winter.
  • Working on selling off firearms we aren't using. I'm taking a good, hard look at the line up and turning into greenbacks those firearms that are good, but we have no real use for at the present.
  • I just ordered and submitted a copy of the FFL for a Desert Eagle, Mark XIX, automatic pistol in .44 Magnum. It will be a companion to the Model 29 revolver, also so chambered, and it looks like this:
DE50PC.jpg

:)

Picked up the neighbors apples that were on the ground in their backyard and made couple of gallons of cider. A bit tart. Neighbors were happy, I'd also put the rotten ones in a bucket for them so they have their backyard back till the next bunch of apples hit the dirt.
Dug up our potatoes and cellared them. Dug some garlic that I'd dug up at the neighbors when he passed away and the demolition company put a sign up "Come and get all these plants". I think of Fred everytime I put that garlic on food now. He was a good man.

A little bit today; organized all the paperwork (there is a mountain) for the new FFL, ordered a couple mags for the Desert Eagle that will be here tomorrow (yah!), continued reading through the stack of preparedness material.

Last Edited:
Practiced some hot water canning skills. Made some bread and butter pickles and banana peppers. It was enlightening to see what I though was a ton of stuff fit into 6 quart jars. Also good to know my propane burner for frying turkeys is a ton more efficient than stove top.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top