JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
speaking of fire wood.....I've been hoarding the last rick of our ancient giant apple tree we had to put down about 8 years ago. Some of the blocks will barely fit thru the stove door.
This Old Growth Apple yearns for replenishment. Anyone selling?

Use it in your smoker after cutting it small .....AMAZING what it can do to flavor meat :)

might be a little older than I would prefer though...."fresh" (6-12 months) trimmings are always a pleasant flavor

Spent the weekend cleaning the garage, rearranging tools and shelving to make room for my new Liberty that was delivered yesterday morning. Then goofed up my arm moving it into place. :rolleyes:

I don't get it....
unexpected homesteader injury protocols....
announcement of risk in even mundane daily activities....
the need to have an action plan for events not currently planned...
....you mean this ISN'T an 'active training response drill'?????o_O
sorry, I've been reading too much into the 'preparedness' thread....:confused:

Programed a new ham radio, organized comms bench, ordered some SMA, BNC, & 239 connectors, a two pole adapter, some radio accessories, and participated in a couple nets.

HTB1KyjIHXXXXXchXFXXq6xXFXXXs.jpg

Plowed the snow off the driveway.

unexpected homesteader injury protocols....
announcement of risk in even mundane daily activities....
the need to have an action plan for events not currently planned...
....you mean this ISN'T an 'active training response drill'?????o_O
sorry, I've been reading too much into the 'preparedness' thread....:confused:

I iced it with some ice in a ziploc bag, and followed with some Advil. No doc visit or otherwise. Just a 43 YO guy who still thinks he's 23. It was pretty bad earlier today, to the point I was cradling it while I walked. It's starting to loosen up a little bit though. Forearm pull, from pulling it away from the wall and rotating it 90 degrees into its current position.

I iced it with some ice in a ziploc bag, and followed with some Advil. No doc visit or otherwise. Just a 43 YO guy who still thinks he's 23. It was pretty bad earlier today, to the point I was cradling it while I walked. It's starting to loosen up a little bit though. Forearm pull, from pulling it away from the wall and rotating it 90 degrees into its current position.

Ouch. Hope it heals quickly.

Enjoy your 40's. In twenty more years, you'll look back on them fondly.

Ouch. Hope it heals quickly.

Enjoy your 40's. In twenty more years, you'll look back on them fondly.

Thanks Howard. I did this once before doing hammer curls with my 40 pound bells. One set too many. I used to bang them out with ease a few years ago. Seems lately I'm not quite as young as I used to be. But I still got plenty left.

Forearm pull, from pulling it away from the wall and rotating it 90 degrees into its current position.
had to laugh a bit as that was similar to what I did about 35 years ago at nearly the same age, with my own first Liberty safe....

Odd dance with that very safe about 25 years later when trading it in on a new bigger model. The dealer was picking up the old Liberty & his teen age son wasn't attentive as needed, and managed to let the door swing open when awkwardly balanced & dropped it on the back on the floor. His dad was upset as "in his entire length of business" this had never happened....good luck on your recovery in any case.

Miscellaneous on this day off ...

• Got some good target practice in with my better half (@TeacherSmurf). We shot her new LCP Ⅱ (.380 ACP), the vz. 61 Škorpion (7.65x17㎜SR), and the Rossi 972 revolver (.357 Magnum). On the way back, we discussed range improvements.
  • Picked up some more ammo (.38 Special and .30 Carbine).
  • Worked on the disaster folders. While decidedly old tech, I have found having a file folder for each type of disaster we might have to deal with (e.g., large scale earthquake, wildfires, etc.) is a good way to keep moving forward. All relevant documents are in that folder and there is a lengthy check list pasted in the front that can be ticked off as projects/preps are completed.
  • Pickup some thick leather. There is a carbine I need to put in the vice to work on something, but I want to protect the firearm.
  • Me and the Mrs were able to talk preps uninterrupted, which is really helpful in keeping preps moving.

Last Edited:
saw this thing a while back & admired it enough to grab a camera....so this is a picture of a print.....in any case, seems like a decent tool for certain chores

View attachment 432785

Nice.

Met a fellow at the Kazakh/Russia border coming out of Kazakhstan on a moto setup with hard cases, no trailer. While I was headed into Kazakhstan on a pedal bike with panniers front & back and a rear rack bag.

Setup well a moto can go near on anywhere with a goodly bunch of gear, a pedal bike can go further...just at a slower pace...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top