JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I understand the buyers market, but they still aren't giving them away yet. I would love to have either or both of the guns the Heretic posted recently, but I am sure that neither one was cheap. They were probably a great deal that he couldn't pass up.

That PS90 alone would have been easily several hundred more, perhaps as much as $400+ more pre-election.

The pricing may continue to drop, may not, however the savings (for higher end firearms) are there. And are significant.

We missed out on that one, litteraly by 15minutes, because I kept thinking on it...when I would have been extremely pleased to own it at that price...in hindsight.

The 227 was something I wanted - I already had a .45 ACP pistol, but I wanted one that I could use with a suppressor and the one I had already wasn't amenable, and I really like SIGs, and this one was made specifically to work with a suppressor. Now I just need to bribe Ron Wyden to pass the HPA. ;)

That PS90 alone would have been easily several hundred more, perhaps as much as $400+ more pre-election.

The pricing may continue to drop, may not, however the savings (for higher end firearms) are there. And are significant.

We missed out on that one, litteraly by 15minutes, because I kept thinking on it...when I would have been extremely pleased to own it at that price...in hindsight.

Yeah, the trigger pack alone is probably worth $200. May replace it with an aftermarket trigger pack that a guy is working on, or I might keep it.

I can always earn more money - these kinds of deals on guns don't come around very often. I do check the classifieds here several times a day. I've missed some good deals - you can't get them all.

Yeah, the trigger pack alone is probably worth $200. May replace it with an aftermarket trigger pack that a guy is working on, or I might keep it.

I can always earn more money - these kinds of deals on guns don't come around very often. I do check the classifieds here several times a day. I've missed some good deals - you can't get them all.
Can you convince my wife that these are great deals that I shouldn't pass up?

I understand the buyers market, but they still aren't giving them away yet. I would love to have either or both of the guns the Heretic posted recently, but I am sure that neither one was cheap. They were probably a great deal that he couldn't pass up.

Pretty much yeah. I try to think about and research what I want, and then jump on it when I see a decent deal - both of these were pretty good deals and I "saved" hundreds compared to full retail on each.

Now I need to slow down and accessorize and stock up on some more ammo - one can never have too much ammo.

It is interesting that while there are some smoking deals on firearms, the ammo people have for sale is equal to or more than I can buy online and have delivered to my door, so I don't buy it. They probably paid more than retail in the past when it was hard to come by, but why should I pay them more than retail when I can just get it online? Especially for $50 worth of ammo.

Added more bandanas to my EDC bag since I had one over my nose and mouth if I was out of the car, house or work place.

Bought that shotgun last Friday and 650 rounds of CCI Stingers a week ago Sunday for grouse and varmint hunting.

I need to mount a scope a friend gave me to one of my .22's and get it sighted in.

Added more bandanas to my EDC bag since I had one over my nose and mouth if I was out of the car, house or work place.

I just ordered more disposable P90 filter masks and a nomex balaclava. Saw a guy at a bus stop today with a bandana over his mouth - didn't seem that bad to me. I cleaned out my car somewhat - tried to get rid of stuff the mice contaminated. I need to find a better way to stored emergency water than once used water bottles.

I need to find a better way to stored emergency water than once used water bottles.

I buy 1 gal jugs and keep a few in the car for work (I'm not a big tap water guy), more then I need so that if I have to hoof it I have water to take. Buying them at $1 or less isn't bad and they stay fesh longer being sealed.

I keep a GI neckerchief in my EDC bag and find it as useful as the balaclavas but should probably order one so I have extras.

It wasn't that long ago that if you wanted to order any ammo from Midway you had to set up email alerts and respond within one minute. Nice to see ammo at most reasonable pricing. Kept me away from the range - just can't afford my compulsive rapid fire habits. :)

I still am pouting about the time I took my good friend's daughter out shooting. She went through mag after mag of 5.7 like they were BBs. Estimate approx $250 LOL.

Needless to say I've adapted and mostly shoot alone. 22lr the exception.

Along with all of the rebates on guns, I have been monitoring the Rebates on ammo. Got in on some good deals, especially Federal 5.56. I am headed to BiMart tomorrow to buy some .308 Power Shocks on sale with a $2.50 rebate. Not a wonderful deal, but not bad and no shipping. Still waiting for rebates on .22 ammo.

Ordered some Nalgene rectangular water bottles to keep water in the daily driver - several one and two liter sized. I need that shape and size to fit into two pockets in the cargo area of my daily driver. I had been keeping a bunch of half liter water bottles under the floor of the cargo area, but I also keep jerky and other food there and mice (I hate them) got into the car and into that area and chewed on the bottles and food and left mice droppings behind, so I threw those all out. The Nalgene bottles are thicker and more durable.

Went to Smiths for their case sale. Mostly stuff I don't use, but they had Campbell's Chunky soup for $1.25/can. Could have gotten it for $12/case if I could have found any cases of the type I wanted. Still a good deal. So I picked up enough to last through next years Sept sale :D I was down to 6 cans from last year's sale. Also got 3 more food grade buckets with gamma lids at Lowe's.

Picked grapes. Making juice and planning to make jelly.

IMG_0984.JPG

IMG_0986.JPG

IMG_0987.JPG

IMG_0988.JPG

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class