JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
In that case, the additional requirement would be an automatic .12 gauge. The newer DDI-12 has me curious: An AK-platform .12 gauge, with a LEFT-handed bolt lever, AND AR-compatible stock (uses same castle nut to secure to receiver!!) With a 20-round drum (SGM Saiga mags work - avoid Promag). From the independent reviews I've seen, they're reliable with the right mags, with very rapid cycling (even considering selling my Benelli M2). Can you say "Non-stop Claymore mine."?

I own a DDI 12. It is one of the most fun and devastating weapons I have fired outside of the Army. They take a bit of work to tune if your going to use cheap bulk(Walmart) shells. They don't like to cycle low power loads just like their Russian counterparts. It is very very cool to dump 10 rounds of 7 shot in 3 seconds. Yes, you absolutely NEED one!!!!!

Wrapped the handle on SIL's belt axe and my Chogan.

QM9xOgc.jpg

Mine is in the middle. On his and my Chogan, I started at the top and worked down. On mine I worked up from the bottom. Working down turned out much better. I dipped the ends of all of them into a can of Plastidip, which worked pretty good - smelly for a while, but pretty good.

Bought another six cans of 'Potted Meat' to add to the emergency stores. Not exactly a culinary treat, but it's valuable protein and fats and they are dirt cheap at the discount market.

Bought another six cans of 'Potted Meat' to add to the emergency stores. Not exactly a culinary treat, but it's valuable protein and fats and they are dirt cheap at the discount market.

My philosophy is that if things get bad enough just about anything will taste good. We've laid in a supply of the supermarket foods we normally eat. After the last cans of that is exhausted we'll start in on the bulk foods (buckets of rice, beans, etc...) and the Mountain House freeze dried stuff. After that comes the stuff we turn our noses up at unless we're really REALLY hungry (Spam! Sardines!)
It's a system of sorts.

Added to taking advantage of Federal ammo rebate,,,,what a motivator

If shopping online at cabelas, be sure to sign up for active junky. It's a rebate referral site that gives cash back same way as Ebates does but for outdoors/sporting goods stores. 10% cash back on purchases (4% for ammo)

I picked up a few hundred rounds of 5.56 and some other junk I didn't really need but did save with the active junky cash, back the federal rebates, and cabelas card cash back. Had a couple of discounted gift cards to sweeten the pot. If you sign up through my link, we both get $10 in rewards that they either PayPal to you or send you a quarterly check. Here's my referral link: Active Junky

Or you can go to activejunky.com and sign up without a referral code. Neither one of us gets $10 reward.

As far as what I did today, other than the shameless plug for active junky, I spent the morning sharpening my skinning knives while sanitizing my home brew boiler and column. Cooler weather marks the beginning to my production season.

Ordered a rope puller (come along that pulls rope regardless of rope length) and 300' of rope.

Only 1500 pound, but it would be adequate for most tasks in my woods and possibly in the shop.

I do have a winch that I bought from someone on NWFA, but I need to get the power cable installed and a front hitch on both my trucks - it is a hitch carrier mounted winch. Plus sometimes having a winch that will pull rope regardless of length is good to have. It was only $42 as was the rope (3 strand 1/2").

My new get home gun:

View attachment 388877

Order some ammo for it too. PSA often has 5.7 ammo on sale for almost a cheap as .22 mag - 34 cents per round for FN 40 gr. vMax and 30 cents for Federal FMJ

NICE BUY!!

...u beat us to it by 15minutes...give a holler if it doesn't fit for your need. Liking the tri-rail, and the gen 3 pack.

+1 on PSA for the ammo too, usually with free ship when on there regular "specials".

SGammo had SS198 a while back at a reasonable price, u can get on there email notification if you have a need.

NICE BUY!!

...u beat us to it by 15minutes...give a holler if it doesn't fit for your need. Liking the tri-rail, and the gen 3 pack.

+1 on PSA for the ammo too, usually with free ship when on there regular "specials".

SGammo had SS198 a while back at a reasonable price, u can get on there email notification if you have a need.

Actually I need another PS90 for the SIL so all three of us have the same get home gun. Not that either of my kids would keep theirs in their cars, but it is what it is. But this one will be mine and if I run into another deal like that then if I still have cash I will pick it up. I am in no hurry - except that I probably want to get one while the GOP is still in power and the WH.

I am on SGA's list, PSA, Midway, Cabela, Ammunition Depot (who seems to have the best ammo prices across the board) and maybe a few others I forgot (they seem to send me the same email several times a day - *sigh*).

PSA has the best sale price on 5.7 ammo - the rest are not even close, and the free shipping just makes it sweeter.

So I spent part of the day outside cleaning out my car so I could see if my new GHG will fit well in a hidey spot and it does. Now I need to find how to keep it from getting banged up - there is a minimum of space, so I am probably going to use some of the hard foam I have.

Due to the firearms market post election tanking, there are some very good deals available.

It really is a buyers market.
I understand the buyers market, but they still aren't giving them away yet. I would love to have either or both of the guns the Heretic posted recently, but I am sure that neither one was cheap. They were probably a great deal that he couldn't pass up.

Did you hit the lottery or rob a bank? Or do you know something that I don't about upcoming events.

:D

Savings

I no sooner got home from buying second gun this week and see yet another that I am tempted to buy. The two I bought and the third I saw - all pretty good deals. But I am going to pass on the third (S&W 317) - I had decided against it when I bought something else before, and I think I will eventually get the Ruger instead.

I wait until there are good deals and if I see one I jump on it. Been a little too jumpy before, but they weren't bad deals, just ones I should have thought about more.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top