JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Just got the transfer case fixed on the old dodge.. able to switch into 4x4 now after a couple of years of putting it off. Great peace of mind. Put some gear back in the truck in case of slides or downed trees blocking path to work. It's been pretty sloppy on hwy 25 on the way to work.
Picked up an old fishing boat a couple of weeks ago, a 16' aluminum. Now it's all prepped for fishing. Heading out with the wife and kids later today.

IMG_0495.JPG Fished today with the wife and kids in the new old boat. Steamed two, brining the other 6 for smoking tomorrow. Prob vacuum seal and freeze 4 and make a cream cheese smoked trout dip with the other 2 tomorrow. These are my first keepers in Washington. Much tastier than the farmed rainbows I'm used to in Los Angeles county lakes. Fun day. If that didn't count as prepping, I also rotated 20 gallons of stored gas into my newly fixed ramcharger.. half of a tank, it has a 40 gallon tank. I'll rotate the other half of my storage next time I get down to half tank in the rig.

Nothing much, just rotated the winter clothes and water out of the vehicles. Had my truck serviced, it's 15yrs old so......fully synthetic oil! It doesn't smoke, passes DEQ and the year old oil in the crankcase was very clean, still! Bad news? That stuff is $9.00 a quart!!! :mad: Aarggg! :eek:

Got 60 road flares - i.e., 10 six flare kits. Walmart had them on sale for $11 per kit.

One (or two) each for the two trucks, two for the kid's cars, one or two for starting fires in slash piles, and then the rest are for replacements.

When I bought some flares a while back I had a bit of sticker shock; I can remember when I walked into car parts stores and bought them for 20 cents each - or less - in a big pile in a bin. But that was quite a while ago.

Um.......dude! That was a long while ago! :eek:

seems like yesterday.

Yeah - there was this combo gas station parts store on n. Portland Rd in Salem that had all kinds of stuff. I still remember other parts stores having them too. Last time I looked no one had them.

$11 for 6 is not a bad price though, especially since they came in a canvas bag for each kit.

$100 in 1987 is supposed to be worth $219 in 2017. I call BS. I rented a nice place in 1987 for $550/m - in 2017 that might get you a cardboard box under a bridge.
1987 Cost of a new home: $127,200.00
A banana was a dime, maybe .20 at most, not $1.40. Who is making 2x+ what they did in 1987 - answer - not many; not even in this fake prosperity bubble we are having.

Oh yes - the what did I do to prep thing. Got gas cans and kerosene filled. Did it without turning me van into a stink fest which was a first.

Refilled propane tank, filled gas can.

Got hi/lo temp gauges for fridge/freezer in house. Freezer in house, turned to max, is about +8*F - colder than I thought. Chest freezer in shop is -6*F to -25*F.

Fridge is +38*F.

Now I have a way to keep an eye on them when (not if) the power goes out again.

I was buying a new slip on knee brace last week because my knee has been acting up. It dawned on me that we should have crutches and a cane. which we now have. I lectured the wife about how she should have a few pairs of thick sturdy frame glasses cause her "cute" wire frame ones seem to break if you look through them wrong.

Bought a dry bag and an Alice type backpack w a scabbard. Filled my 3 - 5gal plastic bottles I got through the Tigard CERT promotion (free). Been shopping for a long term food storage program.

Been working on some more shelves for storage of food, did maintenance on the Old Backhoe, put a fine hone on a couple straight razors, about to go balance blades on Gyro copter(Barnett J4B) Jerry was a friend of my Ol Dads, makes the best Gyro in the world as far as safety, No one has been killed in one that I know of. My Flying buddy crashed his in front of me a few years ago, walked away with scratches and hurt ego.

Besides the daily grind of housework and taking care of my little woman it's been a good day so far.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top