JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Haha I'm envious of you!!! After they were engulfed in flames I wanted to run in the house for the extinguisher!!! Yesterday checked all the stashes I had of "looseys" and couldn't find one. Wish I did but good I didn't. I chewed from 16-28 and started smoking to stop that. Sucks quitting. But I have to wife's support so she knows when to talk to me about it and back off when I'm on one of my "rages". Haha I'm a lucky guy

-dont be!

Gum (regular / sugar free), and anything else to change your previous habit..chewing on a pen for the short term, or a toothpick for/if longer term.

...plus anything to do to keep your mind off of it. Some chores you've put off over the winter, or those books you've wated to catch up on perhaps?

Support is key. Take her on a vaca with the $ saved, or buy her something you couldn't get before...

The class was very informative. LOTS of hands on disassembly and assembly. LOTS of pertinent info on issues to watch for, manufacturing standards (and lack thereof), component selection, cleaning techniques, and take away documentation, including animated versions of rifle operations.

As I stated, this is a new area to me, so it was all new. Many in the class work in the industry and/or have lots of experience with the platform. That being said, I think everyone who attended learned a lot.

This morning I downloaded more lecture material from YouTube regarding the 1972 MIT/Club of Rome Limits to Growth study. Currently re-researching this stuff, in order to track where the puck is heading.

So far the original LTG computer modeling from 1972 is still tracking on-schedule (based on numerous studies comparing their modeling to actual trends since 1972). Based on their "business as usual" scenario (our actual one): Economic and industrial growth ends somewhere between 2020 and 2040. I would suspect sooner, considering the events of 2008 (the Financial Crisis, climatic events that halted many countries grain/rice exports, i.e., the so-called "Arab Spring," the peaking of CONVENTIONAL world oil production), such as the U.S. Federal Reserve and ECB taking over the global economies, etc.

This would be followed by a global crash in population, most likely starting in the Third-World countries (The mass migrations out of the Middle East into Europe, also due in large part to record summer temperatures making areas uninhabitable during Summer, are another indicator). Can you say "Children of Men"?

PS: Also downloaded the famous U.S. Navy manual titled Basic Machines.

Last Edited:
Interesting thought process, but personally If I were into motos, I'd have a spare low ready to bolt on & tools to adjust the chain etc. If something were to happen which caused you to have to patrol & such, the roads would be a quagmire of detritus, blockages & such. You'd find yourself wanting to make cut thrus off road quite frequently one would think.

Uh... Yeah. The reason for the TW200 in the first place.

Some GI M1 Carbine magazines came in. They had the remnants of a wrapper and were greasy:

greasemag1.jpg

Degreased them, cleaned them up, and applied a rust preventative, so good to go:

greasemag2.jpg

:D

Killed some paper yesterday. Dialed in scope on my AR. Hubs hit the target 8/12 times at 75 yards with his new handgun. Safe to say he's in love, LOL. Also, put Grand Cherokee in 4Low for the first time in the 3 years since I bought it. It works. :D

Some GI M1 Carbine magazines came in. They had the remnants of a wrapper and were greasy:

View attachment 353498

Degreased them, cleaned them up, and applied a rust preventative, so good to go:

View attachment 353499

:D
I picked up a bunch like that about 5 years back and they ended up being some of the rarest ones marked TI. I have replaced all the springs in all my M1 mags to new Wolf springs as well as all the springs in all my carbines while I was rebuilding them and they function flawlessly. Nice thing about the M1 Carbine is anyone no matter how small can handle one.

I have replaced all the springs in all my M1 mags to new Wolf springs as well as all the springs in all my carbines while I was rebuilding them and they function flawlessly.

Interesting. That isn't the first time I've read about using the Wolff springs with the system. I'll need to check that out.

Nice thing about the M1 Carbine is anyone no matter how small can handle one.

That is part of the reason why we invested in one. :)

My dad had an M1 carbine - paid like $13 for it from the NRA (DCM?). I've shot it a few times. It had as much or more recoil than an AR-15, which IMO is a more powerful rifle and as easy or easier for most to handle.
The design purpose of the military in making these was that anyone could use it, and that it was a longer range alternative to the 45. If I remember correctly @ 100 yards its impact should be equal to a 45 @ 25 yards. One of the ballistics gurus would have to confirm if that is correct or not.

Built up some heavy duty shelves...idea from a picture posted on here recently. Used 3 2x4's for shelving, it's cheaper and we had some. Ran out though to make proper reinforcing posts, but it's not going anywhere...

55D373B7-4F3A-4BAF-9419-0ADCB55BA0B0_zpsf6ytoltn.jpg

The wife pulled this one off! She found these portable, rechargeable chargers. Got them dirt cheap and our grandson, the family electronics wizard, says they're a good brand! They'll be handy for things like a longer power outage.

IMG_0863.JPG

Put together this little number for the spousal unit's and my motorcycle gear (leathers, boots, coats, helemts) this AM. This allows faster access to the freedom tool storage bunker. I have to admit, I was pretty shocked at how well it looked and worked after assembly.

Assembly was relatively straight forward as were the instructions, too. A scenario I seldom find in today's "some assembly required" products. The locking casters (2) were a nice and smart touch. They even included an additional pair of plastic fittings. I am guessing in case the assembler broke one. Which I didn't! But when it said carefully press the rods with the plastic sleeves into the shelves I just had to use a rubber mallet, right?;) Cause tools are meant to be used.
Whitmor Commercial-Grade Steel Supreme Double Rod Garment Rack, Black

Brutus Out

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews