JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Working 14 hour days is cutting into my forum time and in layman's terms that sucks. I mean how can I remain cheery if I am not reading The Daily Sheeple and Economic Collapse blog at least twice a day :s0132:

But a wage slave I am matey!

I did stop at Costco and the part of that stop that equates to prepping is a lot of batteries and even MORE flashlights. I should open a flashlight store I swear. You can't walk 15' in my place without seeing one. Not right in the head (self analysis).

I renewed my CCW/CHL/CPL early 'Just Cause' it seemed prudent.
Added fuel to the PU truck, back when said truck was new $30 would have filled the tank, now it's a 1/4 tank!
Staying at site #2 till the weather warms up next week, might take the horses out fer a spin as there is no snow to speak-of. Might touch off a round or two @1200 yards, just to see if she goes that far!

Erudne, you sound like a real survivor. When I think of where I want to be when the economic collapse comes it is "Amish Community with firepower" LOL.

Unfortunately, in order to have an income and function I have to live in the city with the drones, right in the heart of it.

As for prepping, I got a great deal on a huge lot of commercial-thick garbage bags today and lots of **duct tape (part of what I do is remove cabling from buildings).

One of the most brutal 'to get' lists I read once was for giant garbage/body bags and lots of duct tape for when people near you start dropping the cholera/illnesses need to be contained.

I read that about 2004 and thought it was crazy, over the top. Now, not so much, so I hope everyday that somehow the banksters will keep this charade going a little longer.

** Remember when the pukes like Cheney were doing their fear mongering for 9/11 and told people to go get plastic sheets and duct tape because bad people were up to no good outside your home? Comical now, but it sure worked on the sheep.

Plastic bags and duct tape have 1000 uses so that's a win!
Being here has lots of win and some fail, well a lot of fail if you want common stuff due to retail being based along interstates, though a lack of cheap transport would perk-up the local pack mule business and re-instate high priced hardware!
Yeah, there is enough local hay burner to put together a good pack train, and with forage along the road one could reach The Dalles and come back in 14 days, it's the trip back. all uphill, that burns up the money!
Burt
Your a good man, Maybe someday we can get together with a few others, if only for a FTF coffee/doughnut meet-up in mid-winter, it's my personal free time then (when I'm not workin on site #1) OPSEC is always my priorty :)

Worked again, no money due, rose at dawn as usual, fed horses, checked water hoses, started rigs to circulate fluids, stoked fire, brewed coffee.
Dealt with 'that rash' on backside,,,again
looked in the classifoieds for a job, again

Yesterday I practiced starting a fire without a lighter for the first time, just happened to be in the snow, with more coming down. Took me several strikes on the rod to get the cotton ball to ignite, but when it did it went. I used a pirce of cheese cloth that I pour bacon grease through as secondary tinder and it worked like a charm. From there it was all dead twigs and branches that I had gathered from the backyard. I used my recently purchased Emberlit stove as the platform, and I was very impressed with it. Unfortynately I didn't get a chance to try cooking or boiling water on it but I have no doubt I had that little fire box going plenty hot to do so effectively. What made it fun is that other than the striker rod and stove, everything used was either common household stuff or found outside. Next I will have to try again when it's raining for more of a challenge.

I also got to try out my new Chainmate saw. These are the kind that look like a chainsaw chain with two loops on either end to pull back and forth. I was shocked how well it worked. I was able to get through a 4" fallen limb of an apple tree in about 30 seconds.

Somedude, you probably already know this trick but use some dryer lint and coat it in Vaseline. It starts very well and burns for a long time. I keep a small bottle of it in my hunting pack, go pack and the glove box in my truck at all times.

I keep a small tin of lighter fluid in my GHB. Put a little of it on the starter cube and then strike it. If it goes, give it a good squirt and you are ready to go.

Fing starlings were getting into my chicken house, so I started sniping them from my office window out there about 20 yards. Nailed about 4 of them and the rest started getting nervous and leaving.

^^^^Ditto on the Starlings! Busted 1/2doz off the suet feeders. Those are for American birds, not those Brit gluttons.
I keep large bottles of hand sanitizer in my vehicles and smaller ones in emergency packs. Burn great and kills germs!

Fri.: Lubed GMC temps were around +10 degrees, that night temps dropped to near zero with heavy snow from the NE.

Sat. +4 degrees, 8" of powder with drifted snow. Checked stock water, trough was dry, water spigot was frozen. Gate to water trough was frozen in place so stock was milling around tank. Used pick axe to free gate. Gathered Emergency Back-Up 5 Gallon Water Cans and carried them through drifted snow to Emergency Back-Up Water Spigot. Caps to jugs were frozen tight. Fought way through drifts to Emergency Back-Up Pipe Wrench. Filled 5 Gallon Cans. emptied out junk from back of Dodge and drove to trough, could not get nearer than 60 feet to trough due to stock trailer. Carried cans through drifted snow to trough.
Decided to relocate stock trailer. Backed Dodge under stock trailer (through drifted snow), trailer tires were frozen to ground but after several attempts were pulled free thanks to Locker rear diff in Dodge. Was able to back Dodge to trough and filled it after several trips. Water that splashed on clothes, gloves and water cans froze solid. Cleared snow from mailbox, 3 decks and front of barn. I hang clothes in shower and water cans in bath so that they melt/dry/don't freeze again.
Sunday AM, temps are in the teens, snow has drifted against the house, there is 12" in the back of the Dodge and 20" in the back of the GMC, snow has drifted into the cabs of both trucks. All of yesterdays snow drifts have reappeared. On returning from my 1st trip to the water trough (empty again) the Dodge mysteriously stops running but mysteriously re-starts after gasoline is added to the fuel tank. By 11AM temps have risen to +20, the powder snow has begun to absorb moisture from air, compresses under the weight and is becoming more difficult to drive through. I make last trip to water trough then use both trucks to pack down snow to county road by noon. For some reason my back is sore.

Got a good laugh watching the puke main stream news. They interviewed this young couple, you know the ones in an apartment living on love, as they were "struggling" to walk through the snow and ice to the store, because....ok...here it comes.....they only had a banana and a jar of peanut butter to eat.:s0114::s0114::s0131:

My son just called me and said he went to the grocery store and they were out of bread, milk, eggs, the usual stuff. Safeway even..no surprise there. He pulled some bread from the freezer, got some eggs and milk from us.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top