JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Been swimming a lot as usual. Been doing the water resistance pool workout as usual. Have been doing pool pull ups, looking forward to doing dry land pull ups. Lost some lard. People are asking where the muscles are coming from.

I've been riding my E-Bike a lot here in AZ, mostly along the canal. Riding here is easy because there aren't any hills. The only issue is safely crossing the four lane residential streets where 60mph is not uncommon. I'll be fishing as soon as the water warms up.

Ran 1.5 in full armor on Monday and stepped it up to 1.75 in full armor today. Got some looks from the neighbors as I did it in the afternoon today instead of at 7am on Monday. I'm out of shape (compared to where I used to be) and I'm trying to lose 20 lbs and trim up. Trying to stay honest and keep at it without falling off

Heading into the gym for chest day before work.

4x8-10 bench press
4x8-10 incline press
4x8-10 dumbell flies
4x8-10 pec deck
4x8-10 cable flies
3x8-10 incline dumbell pullover

Arms day bright and early tomorrow morning.

It has been a stressful couple of months and I don't see an end in sight until after July 4th. ... So, I am trying to get on doing a work out at home.
( Stress in that there is too much to do, details to get right. )

How - 10 mins of work in a 20 min window ~30 min window, to account for getting shoes on to shower after.

I am just using a spot in the garage and I already have/use 2 KB 16kg & 50lbs.

Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.

Hit a Personal Best of 10 plates of 45lbs = 450lbs on incline leg press for 8 reps. Dropped to 440lbs for 10 reps and 430lbs for 12 reps afterward. Could've gone higher BUT would've nuked my legs for the rest of my workout... loved every painful second of it.

2000 yard swim. 100 yard submerged. 500 yard Tombstone which is pushing against a board with fins on. 400 yards with hand flippers. The rest crawl. 100 water pull ups 50 hops which are deep knee bends in 5ft then springing up. Followed by 900 reps of Bad Rutten pool work out. Then one swing on the rope and a trip down the slide.

2000 yard swim. 100 yard submerged. 500 yard Tombstone which is pushing against a board with fins on. 400 yards with hand flippers. The rest crawl. 100 water pull ups 50 hops which are deep knee bends in 5ft then springing up. Followed by 900 reps of Bad Rutten pool work out. Then one swing on the rope and a trip down the slide.
That's really impressive.

I need to incorporate swimming into my workout.

10 min EMOM
35lb KB Swing, Russian
11-sies.

Each day I am increasing the number of reps, started at 5 reps at the top of each minute.
Today was 11 reps.

I will probably go until I am at 25 reps/min, and then up the weight.

I also need to add another movement, easy would be goblet squats - but I am thinking push-ups. Contemplating going to E2M ... and adding burpies or Get-Ups.

Business meetings all week, and I have travel over the back half ... If I can't get a dumbbell or something heavy I'll switch to a body weight only exercise for the duration of the trip.

Did someone once say Just. Do. It.?
Do Something.

During my 40 laps I paused every 5 laps to do a set of 25 pull-ups. 4 x25 submerged , 500 yards Tombstone , for a total of 2000 yards. Then 1000 reps of Bad Rutten pool workout. I also did 100 hops in about 5 feet depth. Enough for today. I wonder why my leg hurts?

Still hitting it daily. I try and take 1-2 rest days a week. My right knee is about 80% there so hopefully back to running by the end of the week.

Doing the gym five days a week, with alternating routines. One day semi-rest, one day fully so (Sunday). Doing mini-workouts at the office everyday I'm in (bench work, free weights, speedbag, stretching, et al.). Now that the weather is starting to suck less, will be doing more hiking; both alone and with my family.

In week three of being dry and cleaning up my diet. Loving the results thus far and am impatient for more results. :D

Today was my first day using hand paddles. Went 2000 yards non-stop. Then 500 yards of Tombstone with stops for total of 100 pull-ups. 50 yards submerged. 30 hops. 900 reps of Bas Rutten pool workout. Seems like enough for today.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top