JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Inspiration / Motivation

Hmmm

Small but Significant ? What does that mean?

January 10, 2020 - For the many men diagnosed with testosterone deficiency, losing weight can help increase testosterone levels. But certain diets - specifically a low-fat diet - may be associated with a small but significant reduction in testosterone, suggests a study in The Journal of Urology®, Official Journal of the American Urological Association (AUA). The Journal is published in the Lippincott portfolio by Wolters Kluwer.

Took the wife and her friend down to Safeway to get a free flu shot. Wife left her Medicare card behind so I vigorously chastised her. Then the friend talked about going to Walmart instead. Called Walmart and a "Pharmacy Technician" answered. Didn't know a damn thing about who needs a high dose flu shot, and if it would be paid for at their store like it is at Safeway. I heavily strained trying to remain courteous as she fumbled around, put me on hold several times, and then came back to say that IF our insurance wouldn't pay it would be $58.43 for the shot we get free at Safeway because Medicare pays for it. Dolt! By the time I got off the phone I was in agony from this extensive workout!!!

February 1st my Aquatic center will be sponsering a swim for cancer day. Last Saturday I swam 4000 yards to see what I could do. Today I swam 2000 yards. 100 yards were submerged lengths and the last was a 50 yard submerged lap. Then 40 minutes of strength work out.

I will add 10 laps or 500 yards per day this week. I could use some sponsers.

I'm still hitting it hard, just haven't been posting daily updates.
Lifted yesterday. Just finished this and may go back and lift in a few hours.
C984E2FD-6D0B-4FFD-BFEA-E1C2FB4E3A1D.png

Just wrapped up a lift.

Bench press, warmed up then started with sets of 5 at 205. Maxed at 225 for a set of 3.
Seated pull down curls, with the stack at 135. 6 sets of 10. Upped to 150 for 3 sets of 6.

Current weight: 194

I'm not going to post here daily like I was, but I'll still update now and then. :)

I have some body parts which are not as durable as they were in my teens, so I am using bicycling for exercise. Surgeon even told me to me walk less and ride more. I'm happy to oblige!

Well that was interesting. I lifted weights earlier this evening. Took care of some personal stuff then ate a late dinner. Hard boiled eggs, chicken, cheese, some mixed nuts and water......

Decided I was bored and restless so I went back for a run. That was a mistake. I made it 2 1/2 miles in before dinner decided to make another appearance. Maybe I should have waited a little longer. :D

Took the bike to the Vernonia trail this morning and peddled 10 miles. Its been well over a year since I last peddled. I really expected to barf after the first 2-3 miles.

I swam 7.67 miles this week so far. Mixed in some push ups. I did some deep bends and sprang up from them. Also held a kick board flat and swam against it. All that really worked the legs. Then I hit the upper body work out. I hope to dive to 75 feet on my first day this spring when I get into some deeper water.

At work they gave everyone a fitbit. In case you don't know, fitbits register movement and send it to a computer to let you know how much you moved. After two weeks the fitbit said I was dead. So I got called in and told to walk, move, whatever more. So I walked up a flight to stairs. The fitbit reported it had been stolen. So I get called in again... Now I just wrap it up in a towel and throw it in the drier on air and run it for 15 minutes or so.

Hey y'all, I'm alive :s0151: Been working out but too busy to post on the daily...

Almost fully recovered but still being cautious. Operating around 85% it feels like. Have taken up hiking the hills, walking to work and more body weight exercises in the past couple weeks. Bought a guitar and started lessons a month ago and have been chasing my dream of playing & singing, and eventually starting a band someday. Gotta learn how to play first. Inspired as hell, writing some songs, making a little progress. Creativity is out of control. HRT is making my vocals better. Life's looking up and I'm starting to thrive.

Shoulders have strengthened enough for me to do a bridge pose and hang by my hands from a chinup bar (can't pull myself up or do anything but swing back and forth for fun but working towards it). A huge improvement considering that a few months ago merely trying to raise my arms over my head would lead to a minor shoulder dislocation and require me to wrench the little f'er back into its socket. Honestly not sure where that came from but hey, I'll take it...

Feeling healthy and lean. Happy as a pig in flop. Hammering on.

I've been keeping a notebook of different activities at the gym. Things like 2k row, different timed workouts, 50 floor stair climb, etc.

I write down my personal bests, try to match it or just under it the next time I do that excercise, then break it the following one.

This method works good for me because I can see results on paper, and know where I stand, and compete with myself. If I just go to the gym and do a random exercise, without an idea of where I should be performing, I tend to get lazy.

I've been keeping a notebook of different activities at the gym. Things like 2k row, different timed workouts, 50 floor stair climb, etc.

I write down my personal bests, try to match it or just under it the next time I do that excercise, then break it the following one.

This method works good for me because I can see results on paper, and know where I stand, and compete with myself. If I just go to the gym and do a random exercise, without an idea of where I should be performing, I tend to get lazy.

I did that for a long time until I recently was able to workout with a Highschool/ College buddy that we use to hit it hard together.

He had a 4 day set he did and I found I workout longer if so have a set number of things to do so I've been doing that for 5 weeks now (still writing down my numbers so I know what to hit or exceed the next week).

Going to finish out this next week of my cutting workouts and change it up for bulk for the next 6 weeks and switch back and forth.

So far so good.

My usual routine was 2 sets of
25 kettlebell squats 20 lbs
25 kettlebell swings 10 lbs
25 kettle bell arm presses 5 lbs

I just converted to using weights and I can't believe the difference!
I started doing back squats with just the bar- the trainer at the gym said that form was important. The bar is 20lbs.
Second week I am now doing back squats with 10 on each side for 40 lb back squats. Rep count is low but effective at 5-4-3-2-1 with 20 tricep dips in between each set.

I don't know why, but I am not as strong with front squats, I can only do the bar with 2 lb weights

I'm still at just the bar for the overhead press because it is a little tougher for me.

I finish up with weighted lunges and weighted step ups.

I still do the treadmill treadmill for a mile at the fastest walking pace twice a week.
I'm surprised because I never thought weights would be my thing, stepped outside the box and I'm glad.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top