JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
When I lived in town in eastern WA, I would walk out my front door and run one day, walk the other day, kept that routine for years to be able to hunt in the mountains away form the hunters that couldn't walk over two ridges. Now I live close to the mountains, I walk every other day up steep forest roads and do calisthenics every other day. I'm in my 60's and still have lots of go in my legs because I knew early on in life I would need a routine to keep hunting the mountains as long as I could carry a gun.

Pace was off a little tonight.

5FC943DB-E086-4339-84D1-6363EB7F421A.png

I followed up yesterday's run with some weights at 10:30 last night. I've been going hard for weeks now.

Not much on me that isn't sore today.

I love it.

"
More about pushups

I make a point of fitting in 200 pushups/week. I intersperse them with floor exercises (mountain-climbers, planks, bicycles) in sets of 25 pushups. They are not a power move, but a good general conditioning exercise. If I could do 100 in a row, I'd be very happy.
Why pushups?
"

I'd like to do 25 in a row. My first set I can get 15. But I drop off after that.

"
More about pushups

I make a point of fitting in 200 pushups/week. I intersperse them with floor exercises (mountain-climbers, planks, bicycles) in sets of 25 pushups. They are not a power move, but a good general conditioning exercise. If I could do 100 in a row, I'd be very happy.
Why pushups?
"

I'd like to do 25 in a row. My first set I can get 15. But I drop off after that.
I do pushups about every other day in the house, 4 sets of 50 in not over a half hour.

Ohey, this thread exists.

Still recovering from surgery and go back to work tomorrow. Had to make an emergency move over the course of the week and got rekt (as the kids say) between moving all my stuff, living in my car and sleeping on friends' floors.

On the positive side, I have goddamn amazing friends. And thought I'd get doughy from inactivity but life's keeping that from happening, so.. cool. :D

Still recovering from surgery and go back to work tomorrow. Had to make an emergency move over the course of the week and got rekt (as the kids say) between moving all my stuff, living in my car and sleeping on friends' floors.

On the positive side, I have goddamn amazing friends. And thought I'd get doughy from inactivity but life's keeping that from happening, so.. cool. :D
Sounds like you've got strength on your side! I'm glad your recovery is moving along. It's nice to have great friends through the tough stuff. Wish you the best.

Yay, love your attitude!

Yesturday's work out was:
90 seconds of Walking Lunges,
90 sec max calorie rowing
90 sec of leg lifts
90 seconds of box step ups

My tracker says 9 mins of "maximum" heart rate during that time + 20 mins of "vigorous" Peak was 161 bpm.
Maximum / vigorous are ranges, not just peak.
Max estimate 220 - Age. Then 90% or above that number.
Vig is 70-90%

I had a peak bpm of 188 Friday, 180 last weds. 200 Nov 1st.

I did a pushup today.
Actually I fell down and had to get back up off the floor but I think that counts.
As for all these testosterone loaded freakazoids that do 12,000 pushups a day,
I bet they don't know that men with excessive levels of testosterone go bald
more frequently.
Me?
I have a full head of hair at 76.
The women love it...........:p
I may not have a lot of testosterone but......well, I smile a lot.

I did a pushup today.
Actually I fell down and had to get back up off the floor but I think that counts.
As for all these testosterone loaded freakazoids that do 12,000 pushups a day,
I bet they don't know that men with excessive levels of testosterone go bald
more frequently.
Me?
I have a full head of hair at 76.
The women love it...........:p
I may not have a lot of testosterone but......well, I smile a lot.
Hang on, is that true? Pull that up Jamie

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads