JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Don't tempt me!! :s0112:

Nah, don't over do it. I'm a stubborn prick, and sometimes I pay for it. If someone tells me I can't or shouldn't because I'm in my 40's it just makes me push even harder. Pain or no pain, I'll do the opposite out of spite.

Makes me so grateful to be alive in America, in 2019. Healthcare is insanely advanced. Society doesn't force me to live "like a woman."

Getting to experience this kind of freedom is a goddamn beautiful thing.

So, get this, muchacha. As bad society may be at times, damn, we live in amazing times; scientifically, medically, with respect to computer/computational science, and the rest. Wishing you and your family the absolute best. Hang in there, be strong, and know you have friends. :s0155:

Always cracks me up, some people use their age or other chicken sheet excuses why they just can't possibly eat right and exercise. I can outlift, outrun and outpace lots of dudes half my age. I refuse to use my birthdate as an excuse in life. F that.

Always cracks me up, some people use their age or other chicken sheet excuses why they just can't possibly eat right and exercise. I can outlift, outrun and outpace lots of dudes half my age. I refuse to use my birthdate as an excuse in life. F that.
Lots of guys half your age are either twigs or marshmallows. Or world class professional athletes. You'd better be able to out pace the former, I'd be scared of you if you could out pace the latter

I forget if it was today or still technically last night, but after caring for a sick wife and kids, the insomnia and old injuries/scar-tissues got so incredibly bad, I hiked around outside in the forest for a brief spell. A .380 in pants pocket, a .32 in the sport coat. Oh, it was as pleasant as it sounds. :p

Zumba class and then senior fitness at Snap fitness in Keizer this morning. If you're on Medicare and have Medicare advantage you should check this out. I only pay $25 for the Zumba 3 days a week and senior Training on Tuesday and Thursday. Senior fitness doesn't cost anything extra. You have full access to the gym.

120 push-ups
100 leg lifts with 10 pound ankle weights
20 reps of one set of bench press at 110 pounds
Speed bag for 5 minutes
Deep chest shoulder dips times 12
Roman chair @ 15 leg dips
5 minutes of yoga
10 pound dumb bell reps at 50
20 inverted sit ups
I am 71 years old and growing.

120 push-ups
Speed bag for 5 minutes
5 minutes of yoga
20 inverted sit ups

Get some!!!

Man I love the way I feel after a really hard session. It's a weird "after workout" high. And waking up sore the next day? Yesssir!!

15 miles in some steep hills chasing elk on Saturday with a pack.

I could barely move yesterday and today I was still sore but mobile.

Time to put some priority on leg endurance.

120 push-ups
Speed bag for 5 minutes
5 minutes of yoga
20 inverted sit ups
When I grow up I wanna be cool like you

I have a few acres up on a mountain, with oak and fir forest. There are roads to maintain, buildings to repair and replace, downed trees to cut up and remove, a tractor (without power steering) to drive, and an RV/boat/truck/ATV/etc to maintain. I have a full complement of equipment for all of this, and it keeps me pretty busy every day. Oh, and did I mention that it's all on rolling terrain? A trip to the mailbox is a 1/4 mile and 100' elevation change. Yesterday was 6,000+ steps, and 13 floors of elevation change.

That said, keeping up with my body has become another challenge. Seems I need a complete overhaul at 72. So far this year I've had several major tests, all resulting in nothing significant found. Hernia repair in March. Cataract surgery in August. Hips and knees are wearing out. Not looking forward to replacements. A couple years ago I went in for chest pains. Turns out it was nothing to do with my heart. I'd sprained my sternum slinging a chain saw around and moving logs all day long for a week.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top