JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It was raining and I mowed both the front and back lawns. I know I should not mow the lawns when it is wet but I do not have time to mow it during the week and I live in the Puget Sound region of Washington. :rolleyes:

Knees bothering me today so I shortened it up a little.
FFB422CB-9D11-46CC-984E-EE8FE981230E.png

Hiked up the long hill trail to the home range to test a new revolver. If that sounds lame, it is because it is ever so. But the health issues I've been dealing with these past couple weeks, well, it could be worse. Can't wait to get back to the gym grove. :s0112:

My dumb arse just realized it probably wouldn't be spamming if I posted my workouts every time.. I mean.. would it? Guess I'll start.

Short but sweet little ripper tonight. I like to do my own r-worded type of circuit training because I feel it's most efficient/motivating to keep my heart rate up the entire time, rather than rest after a set and wind back up again.

Did 3 sets of each to failure:
- Treadmill sprints + incline situps on highest bench setting
- Assisted pullups + tricep dips (yes, assisted.. lame)
- Heavy/slow kettlebell squats + jab practice on heavy bag
- Full body stretches beforehand, in between sets and afterwards because muscle spasms :eek:

Total time @ elevated heart rate = 1 hr

Barely anything compared to the rest of y'alls double-digit mile runs. I'm nowhere near fit for the service and will probably be first to die in the apocalypse - I've dislocated joints literally just putting my shirt and shoes on. But hey, at least this petulant, androgynous 120-pound sack of deformities that atrophied for 20 years is getting stronger every day. Used to be 60 pounds heavier (not in a good way) and barely able to bend my back, today I'm full of piss and vinegar, in the best shape of my pathetic little life and the excuses ran dry long ago. Feeling good, rocking what I can. :s0094:

Last Edited:
I swam 2000 yards plus 35 minutes and 800 reps of the Bas Ruten pool workout. The same yesterday but I swam little faster. Getting some special shoes to help walking on dry land. Training for my indoor deep pool free diving. Will visit a 140' bottom pool this winter.

I swam 2000 yards plus 35 minutes and 800 reps of the Bas Ruten pool workout. The same yesterday but I swam little faster. Getting some special shoes to help walking on dry land. Training for my indoor deep pool free diving. Will visit a 140' bottom pool this winter.

Wow, impressive!

@Kruel J, wowzer, good work on the fitness spree. And, sadly, men our age and our knees ... ay. No fun. :eek:

I have to wonder how guys like Cameron Hanes do it. Over 50 and basically running a marathon every day and placing respectably in the ultras.

20+ years of working on concrete has been rough on my knees. I'd love to know how to still run though. I get in a few miles a week running and the rest is low impact cardio.

Did you just call me old? :D

I can out run, out pace and out lift a lot people way younger than me amigo. :)

Haha, naw, we're within, what, two years of each other? If I was to level that charge, it would most assuredly be pointed at me too.

That's awesome on the fitness journey. I'm planning on embarking on something similar in the coming days and weeks. Well wishes, friend. :)

Last Edited:
A little better than last night.

- 10 mins on ArcTrainer highest setting w/ dumbbells
- 3 sets tricep extensions + pec flies
- 3 sets TRX suspension pushups + horizontal rotator cuff extensions
- 4 min treadmill sprint on highest incline
- 2 sets incline situps + heavy bag jabs
- 2 sets lat pulldowns + kettlebell squats

Total time @ elevated heart rate, 75 mins

Someday I'll be one of the cool kids. :rolleyes:

A little better than last night.

- 10 mins on ArcTrainer highest setting w/ dumbbells
- 3 sets tricep extensions + pec flies
- 3 sets TRX suspension pushups + horizontal rotator cuff extensions
- 4 min treadmill sprint on highest incline
- 2 sets incline situps + heavy bag jabs
- 2 sets lat pulldowns + kettlebell squats

Total time @ elevated heart rate, 75 mins

Someday I'll be one of the cool kids. :rolleyes:

Nice work! I'm not sure any of us here are "cool kids" but welcome to the club! :D:cool:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top