JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I ran 4 miles today, 10'05" pace. It's insane to me that I can do that! :D

I like to run. Nothing gives me better results faster than running, unfortunately the bottom half of my body is not a fan. It kills my feet, ankles, knees and hips. These days I row, do the stair machine, bike and elliptical for cardio.

Brought in a 12' Step Ladder so my wife can clean our ceiling fan blades. It's quite a work out to remove it from the 'Cah Hole.' (Mo Slezak's name for a garage)

Went into one of our attics to retrieve the propane crawfish cooking gear. But will use it instead (I don't buy crawfish since the pricing got so high it's insulting) to fry chicken and freedom fries and whatever else I can think of.

Getting into and out of the attic is the most exercise I care to do today.

Brought in a 12' Step Ladder so my wife can clean our ceiling fan blades. It's quite a work out to remove it from the 'Cah Hole.' (Mo Slezak's name for a garage)

Went into one of our attics to retrieve the propane crawfish cooking gear. But will use it instead (I don't buy crawfish since the pricing got so high it's insulting) to fry chicken and freedom fries and whatever else I can think of.

Getting into and out of the attic is the most exercise I care to do today.
Capitalizing Step Ladder tuckered me right out so I totally understand.

not really, lol

3F4D553F-4DB7-4E1C-BC21-1A903AA1EF53.png

Last night did heavy stairclimbing with dumbbells to warmup then 1 hr of upper body. Incline situps, chest press, rows, assisted pullups & tricep dips (yeah I'm weak), worked the bag. Schedule won't let me work out tonight so heading out for a brisk walk thru the hills before work.

PS - if anyone has tips on adaptive exercises for EDS (Ehlers-Danlos syndrome) please let me know. So far I do hand wraps, low impact cardio and super slow heavy weights to avoid dislocations but it still happens occasionally. If you've got experience with it I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Leg and feet still hurt so I swam half of the usual crawl. Did 1000 yards plus 30 minutes (800 reps) of Bas Ruten's workout . Realizing that I could use some more weights

New personal best. 5 miles any day now!
60601A1F-3B72-4031-9EE0-235640B37E00.png
Forgot to mention did chest, triceps and back yesterday. Today I just ran

The wife and I burned a huge pile of juniper limbs today. The pile was probably 25 feet wide, 30 feet long and 10 feet high. I had packed them in the pile with an excavator.

Started at 9 am and got done at 4 pm. The entire pile was gone. It involved some chain saw work, throwing the limbs on the pile and making some fire wood out of larger branches. Done.

Now bad for 62 and 58. Sore, going fishing tomorrow.

Tweaked my back a bit doing bent over barbell rows, heavy weight. Mornings I'm stiff AF lower back. Recuperating, but after three days feeling much better.

Lesson learned: proper form is paramount and amount of weight thrown up is worthless if you can't progress.

Looking forward to next week.

The trick to enjoying a walk is much like enjoying the woods when hunting.

Enjoy the sun in your face. Or the wind. The cold or the heat.
Understand this is the natural world. And trust your body can deal with it.
Feel it. You are part of it. You are made for it!
Not the computer and TV inside of your house. You should crave it. Not be repelled.

You may not see an Elk or bobcat.
But you will see Trees, birds, insects and other animals.
All interesting. And there distraction will help you use your imagination. And purge stress.
Notice them. Look for them!

Taking a walk has less to do with moving your legs.
And more to do with interpreting and being part of the world around you.
And if you can't slow down and do this. Then what is the point?

To go to work? Make money? Get drunk on the weekend?
Love this! Thanks!

I had a particularly lousy week. Decided I needed to find a way to end on a positive. It didn't help my mood much but...

I hit 5 miles. Personal best.

187066E1-0D04-4F21-B6AE-51B9C2B68F53.png

Did 3.5 miles today on the treadmill (was supposed to be a day off). Knees are pretty sore from yesterday so I took it fairly easy but still managed to get in a decent run.

Just wrapped up 35 minutes on the weights, picked a few muscle groups that weren't too sore and went to work. Nice to have the gym to myself. Threw in the headphones and cranked up some Limp Bizkit. My weekend nights are a real party. :D:rolleyes:

Had breakfast with my dad, (I had 2 eggs poached hard, 2 slices of bacon and black coffee) vacuumed and cleaned my place. 2 loads of laundry done then knocked this out. All before noon.

IMG_0050.PNG

I did 2 miles on the bike for a warmup, did chest and arms (BP, flys, curls, dips) then did 3.5 miles on the elliptical.

4th day in a row, and the 5th day I've worked out this week. Starting to build some momentum.

My body really wants to put on pounds this time of year for the winter. Hopefully I can counter it this year.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews