Welcome to Northwest Firearms
Join our community, sign up for free today!

What did you do to exercise today?

Reactions
Brought in a 12' Step Ladder so my wife can clean our ceiling fan blades. It's quite a work out to remove it from the 'Cah Hole.' (Mo Slezak's name for a garage)

Went into one of our attics to retrieve the propane crawfish cooking gear. But will use it instead (I don't buy crawfish since the pricing got so high it's insulting) to fry chicken and freedom fries and whatever else I can think of.

Getting into and out of the attic is the most exercise I care to do today.

Reactions
Brought in a 12' Step Ladder so my wife can clean our ceiling fan blades. It's quite a work out to remove it from the 'Cah Hole.' (Mo Slezak's name for a garage)

Went into one of our attics to retrieve the propane crawfish cooking gear. But will use it instead (I don't buy crawfish since the pricing got so high it's insulting) to fry chicken and freedom fries and whatever else I can think of.

Getting into and out of the attic is the most exercise I care to do today.
Capitalizing Step Ladder tuckered me right out so I totally understand.

not really, lol

Reactions
Last night did heavy stairclimbing with dumbbells to warmup then 1 hr of upper body. Incline situps, chest press, rows, assisted pullups & tricep dips (yeah I'm weak), worked the bag. Schedule won't let me work out tonight so heading out for a brisk walk thru the hills before work.

PS - if anyone has tips on adaptive exercises for EDS (Ehlers-Danlos syndrome) please let me know. So far I do hand wraps, low impact cardio and super slow heavy weights to avoid dislocations but it still happens occasionally. If you've got experience with it I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Reactions
The wife and I burned a huge pile of juniper limbs today. The pile was probably 25 feet wide, 30 feet long and 10 feet high. I had packed them in the pile with an excavator.

Started at 9 am and got done at 4 pm. The entire pile was gone. It involved some chain saw work, throwing the limbs on the pile and making some fire wood out of larger branches. Done.

Now bad for 62 and 58. Sore, going fishing tomorrow.

Reactions
Tweaked my back a bit doing bent over barbell rows, heavy weight. Mornings I'm stiff AF lower back. Recuperating, but after three days feeling much better.

Lesson learned: proper form is paramount and amount of weight thrown up is worthless if you can't progress.

Looking forward to next week.

Reactions
The trick to enjoying a walk is much like enjoying the woods when hunting.

Enjoy the sun in your face. Or the wind. The cold or the heat.
Understand this is the natural world. And trust your body can deal with it.
Feel it. You are part of it. You are made for it!
Not the computer and TV inside of your house. You should crave it. Not be repelled.

You may not see an Elk or bobcat.
But you will see Trees, birds, insects and other animals.
All interesting. And there distraction will help you use your imagination. And purge stress.
Notice them. Look for them!

Taking a walk has less to do with moving your legs.
And more to do with interpreting and being part of the world around you.
And if you can't slow down and do this. Then what is the point?

To go to work? Make money? Get drunk on the weekend?
Love this! Thanks!

Did 3.5 miles today on the treadmill (was supposed to be a day off). Knees are pretty sore from yesterday so I took it fairly easy but still managed to get in a decent run.

Just wrapped up 35 minutes on the weights, picked a few muscle groups that weren't too sore and went to work. Nice to have the gym to myself. Threw in the headphones and cranked up some Limp Bizkit. My weekend nights are a real party. :D:rolleyes:

NEW CLASSIFIED ADS

LATEST REVIEWS

• Mary's Pistols
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic small business with equally excellent folks running the place. I was given fair value for a trade in and was able to order something I...
    • Red98422
  • Gooseneck Road
    4.00 star(s)
    Very popular service road with some unmarked logging roads that branch off of the main. Relatively cleaned up from what we saw. I just wish that...
    • Benzdriver81
  • Liberty Safes of Oregon
    5.00 star(s)
    I have now purchased 2 Safe’s and constantly recommend people go here. You get better quality than the other liberty safes made for places like...
    • Motojohonda
  • Supporting Vendor Lucky Sporting Goods
    5.00 star(s)
    Just dropped by today to pick up a rifle … this is what a gun store should be! None of the crotchety bluster and BS that so many other gun stores...
    • DLS
  • Supporting Vendor J&B Firearm Sales
    5.00 star(s)
    I'll put in a good word for J&B Firearms Sales in Beaverton, on Beaverton-Hillsdale Hwy (across the street from KFC and BiMart). I've always had...
    • RVNvet

Staff online