JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Thursday I did set a PR o_O 95 lbs Overhead Squat Mobility limits me more than anything. It was from the rack - unexpected, but ok.
As this was lifting, rest was 1 min if it felt easy. 3 mins if it felt moderately heavy. 5 if heavy, 5+ when you failed.

Today we did Hang Squat Cleans. Hang means start with the bar held at the waist,
Squat, and clean means bring weight to shoulder, hands about shoulder width.
The overhead is at Snatch width. Set a PR here too, at 135. Same reason: no previous record ;)

Of course I am hating life tonight. 3 days of squats and more squats. I work on the 3rd floor, I did not come down at lunch! So long as I can get out of the chair, there is hope. That and Advil.

Worshipping at the Altar of Iron this morning.

20190105_083133.jpg

https://som.uci.edu/news_releases/fasting-can-improve-overall-health.asp
Irvine, Calif. – January 14, 2018 –
In a University of California, Irvine-led study, researchers found evidence that fasting affects circadian clocks in the liver and skeletal muscle, causing them to rewire their metabolism, which can ultimately lead to improved health and protection against aging-associated diseases. The study was published recently in Cell Reports.

Ok, slightly off topic, but I thought I would give you gym rats a chuckle today. I originally came across this guy in a video someone posted on this thread previously regarding CrossFit. I'm a little hesitant to post this, because this guy is so bad, but it's all a comedy sketch anyway so here goes. I found this one particularly funny.

Friday was Deadlifts - BW
For me that was 205. 3x12
Along with box jumps and rows between sets.

I was at 6 unbroken DL.

My PR is 255 for 1.
It did feel 'heavy'
but all you can do is grind out the work.

I also got 1 strict pull-up this week.

What exercises kick your butt?

For me it is walking lunges. Especially with weights, but that is not a requirement.
Also, holding a squat, with heels down, with an awkward weight - ie a medicine ball, chair, etc.

What exercises kick your butt?

For me it is walking lunges. Especially with weights, but that is not a requirement.
Also, holding a squat, with heels down, with an awkward weight - ie a medicine ball, chair, etc.

Pushing a weight sled... has me sucking wind and legs burning.

Went strict on my nutrition plan and between that and high intensity workouts I'm down 8 lbs in 7 days.

39" waist, 286lbs and 6'1". No idea what my BMI is.

I'm 6'1'' also.
189 is the max we can weigh and stay within our BMI.

Don't know if a muscular man can do that? I'm about 205 and could maybe trim up 10-15 pounds?
But each of my legs could easily add another 10 pounds of muscle. My bad knees and subsequent surgery's have them looking about the size of my arms. [ I've considered starting walking on my hands]. :D

A problem that will be corrected this year now that there fixed.

Anyways I would probably balance out at a lean 210 pounds or so.
Still 20 pounds over my max BMI. o_O

I'm 6'1'' also.
189 is the max we can weigh and stay within our BMI.

Don't know if a muscular man can do that? I'm about 205 and could maybe trim up 10-15 pounds?
But each of my legs could easily add another 10 pounds of muscle. My bad knees and subsequent surgery's have them looking about the size of my arms. [ I've considered starting walking on my hands]. :D

A problem that will be corrected this year now that there fixed.

Anyways I would probably balance out at a lean 210 pounds or so.
Still 20 pounds over my max BMI. o_O

I've been very gun shy to work my legs after my knee surgerys and subsequent 'tweaking'.

I'm just now getting into more serious leg movements.

Did tire flips combined with a push-up after each flip today but that was about it for legs. I hammered them pretty good over the weekend.

The last time I was pretty healthy I was 245. I think the lowest I've ever been as an adult heathy is 225.

My first goal is 250 and I'll see where I am at that point, building muscle is a higher priority for me currently but I know I need to slim down to take some of the stress off my knees.

I've been bad. For the sake of accountability, I haven't worked out since recovering from the flu, last Saturday. I need to get back on this train...I started the year with a vengeance , but the flu kicked my butt.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top