JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
How about some details?
- all at one walk?
- how long / what pace
- food choices

I like to watch the Big Mac's and Krispie Kremes, but that doesn't help my waist line.

I typically do 3 walks a day around my office. two of them are 1.3 miles and they take me about 23 minutes, the lunch time walk is 2.2 miles and takes me about 38 minutes.

As far as food, I normally make a smoothie in the morning that is ~350 calories, a cereal bar mid morning that is ~140 calories, either a salad or a sandwich for lunch that is between 250-400 calories, a fiber bar mid afternoon ~140 calories. Dinner I try to keep under 650 calories then I have an after dinner snack, normally popcorn and a low cal ice cream bar (I have a sweet tooth) both these together are around 280 calories.

All together I am usually around 1800 calories a day for food. I only drink water for the most part so I'm not picking up any calories from beverages.

Just got my 2 month notice: 3x / week for 2 months complete.

I do feel my endurance has improved, as has my athleticism - how fast I recover from exercise is less; how much I can do has increased.

Last month - March, I dropped 5.5 labs of fat. That is scientifically measured, electronic body fat analysis. I added 3 labs of lean muscle.
88.6 lbs of Fat down to 83.1 labs of fat = 35% fat (BMI)
.. 20% would = 47.5#
So, that would be about an additional 35# weight loss (fat) I need as of today.

How far below 20% BMI should I be, at my age?

Plan is Continue eating plan (Paleo)
Continue 3x / week at gym
Increase walking before work, during lunch. Like ItsLunchBOX.

Haven't updated in a couple of weeks, but the regular workouts have continued. Nothing fancy, just sticking with cardio and resistance. Noticed last week the scale finally moved down a bit, so my muscle building may have plateaued a bit. That's fine with me as I really do want to see some weight come off as well. Time to do a measurements check this weekend and see if anything else has been changing - based on how my clothes, especially my shirts are fitting, I'm guessing some fat is coming off.

Well I finally got off my arse. Starting with cardio and have done a little bit everyday on the eliptical. two days and counting and Son of a biatch I am out of shape!!!!! :(

Great! Keep it up! I think you know well enough if you keep on it will get better. I'm to a point in my regimen where I hate doing it, but know I would hate it if I didn't do it.

Why do you want to exercise?

Physical training for what? - Maggie's Farm

--

I am not interested in competition. I am interested in doing stuff - being active. Whether that is keeping up with my grand child, taking a hike or even just riding my motorcycle. I also don't want to be one who can't care for themselves if something happened - if you fall, can you get up.

However, most people just want what we discuss here: Fitness for Life. That means fitness for recreational sports and activities, an energetic and vigorous approach to life with enough strength to handle tough things and enough endurance to never feel tired or lazy. Not to mention the considerable mental benefits.

I think many people (as I did) suddenly hit a point at which one is forced to face the limits of energy, or strength, endurance, vitality, agility, power - whatever. It is depressing. That is the Come To Jesus moment.

Why do you want to exercise?

Physical training for what? - Maggie's Farm

--

I am not interested in competition. I am interested in doing stuff - being active. Whether that is keeping up with my grand child, taking a hike or even just riding my motorcycle. I also don't want to be one who can't care for themselves if something happened - if you fall, can you get up.

Similar reasons for me. I want to still be mobile as I get older. I don't want to be in a position to rely on others to have to take care of me, help me take a sh!t, take a shower, get dressed, etc. I also want more energy now, more strength.

My FIL is 85 now, way, way out of shape, surprisingly large for his age, barely able to stand up can't shower or sh!t on his own. He's been in a facility the last week and a half and has gained some strength as they put him through PT. They're releasing him to go home this Saturday. They warned him, as of yesterday, if he doesn't continue to do the PT at home, he'd very quickly slip back again - he said he understood. Then when the nurses left the meeting, he said he wasn't going to do any of it. I thought my wife was going to knock him upside the head right there. He's a stubborn old POS and doesn't seem to give a rat's azz what his inability is doing to those around him. Stubborn, ignorant PITA. Chances are high he won't do the work, he'll end up falling again and maybe break a hip this time - and when that happens, he's in a care facility the rest of his life. All of which could be prevented by simply being a little more active. He's in this position 100% because of his own bad choices - and now everyone else is paying the price for his bad attitude. I hope he learns to be more appreciative of the folks that are rearranging their lives to take care of him.

I definitely don't want to be there some day - though I can say my attitude would be 1,000 times better than his.

funny_pictures_13.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads