JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Not to be a Cliff Claven, but BBQ Guy that is the way to get it done. You have glucose/energy in your muscles and liver ready to help you push yourself through the lifting. A short 5-8 minute warmup, fine. But save cardio until after. If weight/fat loss is one of the goals remember none of it happens when insulin is released. I always see people pushing themselves on a treadmill after a big Monster/other sugar drink. Congrats, zero fat burning for 2-4 hours after that drink.

Friday - let's see, 3rd week in. How is everyone doing? Moving?

With the rain on the wet-side this might be challenging.

All movement counts - keep going.

My week:
Sat 61 7500
Sun 90 7700
Mon 120min 10148steps
Tues 94 7827
Weds 135 10960
Thurs 134 12359

Friday - let's see, 3rd week in. How is everyone doing? Moving?

With the rain on the wet-side this might be challenging.

All movement counts - keep going.

My week:
Sat 61 7500
Sun 90 7700
Mon 120min 10148steps
Tues 94 7827
Weds 135 10960
Thurs 134 12359
2 miles on the treadmill last night.
No lifting, it was a rest day.

Gotta head to the gym on Sundays (today) cause less people means less chance of a Karen going nuts over a face diaper not fully covering your face. Use one of those flag gators. Super thin and do absolutely nothing but pacifies the easily frightened. Sitting at a packed bar - no diaper. Sitting on a workout bench, working on your health - diaper.

I started my three mile loop at dusk last night and got home after dark. I did todays loop a bit ago and fortuantely was able to avoid the rain., lots of leaf covered sidewalks out there though.

Stand on one leg.

20 seconds or longer.

"The inability to balance on one leg for 20 seconds or longer is linked in otherwise healthy people to an increased risk of small blood vessel damage in the brain and reduced ability to understand ideas. You are less likely to be able to stand on one leg without a wobble if you have a multitude of medical conditions such as Parkinson's disease, stroke, or Alzheimer's disease."

test:

RicInOR -- Had to try that cause you never know. 60 and 199lbs. Was able to do both 2min+. Whew. That one is right up there with ear lobe creases = heart attack. Seems like a legit test.

End of October, How'd you do?

I got 1 hour of movement each day.
And I had set a goal to 10lb weight loss.
This morning I was 234# that is down 11 for the month.

There certainly were days when I had to make myself go and walk.

Hope you all did as well !

For November I am taking on a 100 rep challenge.

I want to get 100 reps in each day - not all at once.
Start with whatever is comfortable and build up.

You could choose something like push-ups then build to a set in the morning of 21, 15, 9 and a set in the evening same and whip out 10 at lunch.

The exercise doesn't matter: Maybe curls, squats, burpees.

Here is a program you could follow to build-up
Note for week 1 - they may be as few as 2 in a set.

I am going with kettlebell swings, Russian. I have recently done the 45 rep progression 21, 1 min rest, 15, 1 min rest, 9
and then been very sore. So, I will start with fewer, and if I am sore then step down further.
https://www.strongfirst.com/power-rhythm-kettlebell-swing/
https://www.youtube.com/c/BeStrongFirst

This new exercise does count as part of 1 hour a day of movement.

Be mindful / purposeful & record your progress.

Need an idea? Find something heavy and pick it up: toolbox. box of ammo. keg. cinder block.

Just Start.

For November I am taking on a 100 rep challenge.

I want to get 100 reps in each day - not all at once.
Start with whatever is comfortable and build up.

You could choose something like push-ups then build to a set in the morning of 21, 15, 9 and a set in the evening same and whip out 10 at lunch.

The exercise doesn't matter: Maybe curls, squats, burpees.

Here is a program you could follow to build-up
Note for week 1 - they may be as few as 2 in a set.

I am going with kettlebell swings, Russian. I have recently done the 45 rep progression 21, 1 min rest, 15, 1 min rest, 9
and then been very sore. So, I will start with fewer, and if I am sore then step down further.
https://www.strongfirst.com/power-rhythm-kettlebell-swing/
https://www.youtube.com/c/BeStrongFirst

This new exercise does count as part of 1 hour a day of movement.

Be mindful / purposeful & record your progress.

Need an idea? Find something heavy and pick it up: toolbox. box of ammo. keg. cinder block.

Just Start.
That's generally what I do since covid closed my gym.
I only have a 40 lb dumbell because expensive so 6 sets of presses and curls to failure and 6 sets of pull-ups and push-ups to failure.. so 60 pull-ups in about 15 minutes and then around 250 push-ups in 20 minutes.
I have 50 lbs of lead shot in a backpack for lunges and will also add my dumbell doing squats.
I'll do about 150 ab roll outs a day with one of those wheel thingies and try to walk a few miles a day too.

End of October, How'd you do?

I got 1 hour of movement each day.
And I had set a goal to 10lb weight loss.
This morning I was 234# that is down 11 for the month.

There certainly were days when I had to make myself go and walk.

Hope you all did as well !
I found your 11 pounds! :)
I'm at 234# now, up from 223# before the botched knee surgery 11 months ago...

Still a little sore - not keeping me from anything, nor having me reach for the Advil

31 reps this morning - Russian-style Kettlebell swings w/35# bell.
~ 2 mins.

Walking for the rest of an hour.

I know many are not a fan of a scale and weighing themselves frequently but I see it as super necessary. I am 203 this AM. A little too much partying, watching UFC, etc fights and bam. So, since I have a line drawn at 200, I'll fast for 48-72hrs. Fasting is healthy = autophagy and of course weight loss benefits. I work out harder with weights when fasting. Basically tells your body that you need the muscles to stay, back off, use the fat. Once you do 48-72s 3-4 times they are super easy. It is only day two that your body says WTF~!- feed me. Get past that and on to 72 or even 96 is not difficult. For KETO people, I am only really in Ketosis after not eating any calories for about 36 hours, then I become a fat burning machine. Potassium/salt only in tea/water. No gums or snacks. They say nothing over 50 cals, but forget that, make it -0- then there is no debate.

1636321572222.JPEG

100 reps this morning - 4 sets of 25 - elapsed time 5 mins (includes rests between sets)

Saturday I had to help a buddy move. Thought that would be a shorter day - from garage to truck, to new garage.
but was an 8 hour day. Everyone helping is on some type of plan, I know at least 3 are diabetics. So of course he has 2 types of soda - Coke and Pepsi.
Pizza - thick crust. I had thought ahead and brought my own soda (Polar ;-) )
I suffered from some cramping, still have soreness in my forearm. I probably was low on the electrolyte salts intake Sat.

Oregon winters can be too wet, cold and windy for my preferred bicycle antics, and I get bored lifting weights for more than a few minutes. So I let all my friends know (also retired) that I'm available for chores, yardwork, etc... clearing brush, shovel work, hauling trash, simple landscape stuff, and dropping trees to buck, chip, split and stack, etc., etc.

Benefits I notice?

- I have decent rain gear and most work happens outdoors, so the fresh air is always good.

- Love me some chainsaw music.

- I wake up mildly sore a couple times each week, having re-activated un-used muscle groups.

- And one buddy or another will show up Wednesday to help me dig and haul blocks to build three level tiers on the slope under my back deck.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top