JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I found these trees deep in the woods today. Huge patches of bark missing, about 10-15 feet up, and lying on the ground in pretty big pieces in about a 10-12 ft radius of the trunk. I found two within sight of each other, but not right beside each other.

KIMG0440.JPG KIMG0441.JPG KIMG0435.JPG KIMG0436.JPG KIMG0437.JPG KIMG0438.JPG KIMG0439.JPG

Do they rip the bark off to eat the pith or to get at bugs or what? And do they rip it off in big strips like are on the ground? I grew up back (south) east and we didn't have them there, so I never even thought of them.

Are they common in the Cascades? I know they're thick in the Spokane area, but haven't seen any over here.

Thanks for the education. Never in a million years would have thought of them.

Is that why they're called porcuPINES?

The ones that I have seen....tend to rip off large strips of bark to eat bugs and such...
They are uncommon...but not un-heard of up my ways.

For a fun video look up
Teddy Bear the porcupine's Halloween feast
( I'd post it here ....but my computer skills are lacking )
Andy

What's the difference between a porcupine and a (insert brand of car usually associated with jerks here)?

With a porcupine, the pricks are on the outside!

:D:p

We had a pet possum when I was kid...
She was house broke , would go on walks with the dog....even played fetch.
But...
She was dumb....
She was so dumb , that when we left the house , we had to put her in her cage....
'Cause if left alone in the house...she would walk into the corner and then get "stuck"...She "forget" or just would not go backwards , turn around etc.....
Andy

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads