JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ha... Went to a fairly tame party until shortly after 9pm, and then took the Mrs on a "date" to see the sci-fi flick "Passengers" to recreate our first date 36 years ago. Rang in the new year in the movie theater at the end of the movie.... No good stories here ;)

I worked on Saturday in town and had lunch at our favorite Mexican joint. They recently added a full bar to the establishment. Anyway, as I am paying my check, the proprietress (who is a heck of a nice gal) says in her heavily accented English "We (nodding to the only waitress there) will be working very late tonight. We open to 2:00 AM, going to have a bonfire in back, and serving until then. We work, but they party." The mental image of a bunch of drunken yahoos, in town, with a bonfire out back of a restaurant at 2 in the morning crosses my mind and I think "oh my ...", but paid my tab, said thanks, and left. Hopefully everyone is OK and the place is still standing. ;)

Celebrated at home with my wife, daughter, granddaughter age 9, grandson age 5, the cat(alpha pet), the dog(beta pet) , the hamster and the fish. We had great fun with party hats, noisemakers and cap guns. No drunk people even though my wife and I did indulge in a few adult beverages.

Were not drinkers, my wife came home with a bottle of champagne.
It's still unopen, and like the 10 year old one in the garage will probably remain that way.
With two young kids, we got them in bed, watched a little TV, and then in bed by 11:30pm.
With work lately and the two kids one still gets up a couple times a night ( 11mths) we usually aren't up for partying.

Had dinner with two other couples and played a game called apple to apples. We were all yawning by 9:00 and wife and I were home in bed by 10:30. No drinking but lots of laughs.

Been on call all week for my job so no alcohol. Never know what s going to break and when, I need my faculties to be at top notch when something happens. No parting for the Ruby clan last night.

We had friends over for Mexican food, margaritas and games (Cards against Humanity and 12 drinking games of Christmas), topped off a white elephant gift exchange. Normally I am in bed by 9:45/10:00 but this and camping are the only reasons I stay up later than usual. And now as I am typing it is snowing here.....:eek:

I'm old and stubburn. Tipped a few after closing hunting hours. Thought i'd try to ring in the new year. At 8:30 last night she came out of the bedroom and said "get to bed dumbass". :mad:

Man it was great had a few couples over, and one of them brought a hot looking redhead,I think she was half wasted when she got here. As the night progresses she decided to do a table dance and a striptease. Just as the dress started to come off the other half woke me up a said if your going to sleep go to bed.

Were not drinkers, my wife came home with a bottle of champagne.
It's still unopen, and like the 10 year old one in the garage will probably remain that way.
With two young kids, we got them in bed, watched a little TV, and then in bed by 11:30pm.
With work lately and the two kids one still gets up a couple times a night ( 11mths) we usually aren't up for partying.

Are you sure you don't have a long lost identical twin brother? We have a ten year old bottle of Champer's in the garage fridge! Can't stand the stuff, somebody gave it to Wifey many years ago and I've just never thrown it out or opened it.

"New Year's Eve" at our house.....This year, just like any other night, in bed about ten. I/we USED to stay up and drink heavily, and feel like crap in the morning. We don't do that any more. Last time I stayed up past midnight on New Years, couple years ago probably, I had to drink an energy drink at about 7:00pm. I'd sip Gin and Tonic to the point of pleasantly tipsy. I still wake up at 5:00-6:00 am though, feeling punk.

Man it was great had a few couples over, and one of them brought a hot looking redhead,I think she was half wasted when she got here. As the night progresses she decided to do a table dance and a striptease. Just as the dress started to come off the other half woke me up a said if your going to sleep go to bed.

I was really hoping that was a true story. :D

Are we just a bunch of boring old guys? I know @NoLimePlease isn't an OF yet, but so few stories of any of us at least staying up 'till midnight? I can't do it myself anymore, but I want to hear some good stories from the younger crowd, with pictures a plus!

Such as.....
1732606891-448a118a746883cd1cac9f49fa079ef9.jpe

LMAO... reminds me of my tour of duty in Germany... we found a passed out dude (named Hawkins) passed out COLD, so we pulled his pants around his ankles, took laundry markers (that's what "Sharpies" were called back then) "Groucho Marxed" his eyebrows, "stitches" and "black eyes", then made a HUGE Santa beard on his face with Barbasol (that's old school canned shaving cream for you young punks) and emptied the rest of the can on his crotch and left him there... a veritable Picasso!

The closest thing we had for "instant" photos back then were Poloroid cameras, and they were too expensive (and fragile/bulky) for young soldiers to bother with... wish I had a photo of that one though!

It was one of the funniest things I ever saw. :s0108:

Geeze man, I was cracking up looking at the pics of painted up party drunks. Some pretty funny shizzle there!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top