JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
How do I make an informed purchase, when it comes to scope optics strength?
How do I determine if I need a 1.5 power or, bigger scope?
I want a scope for my Ruger 22/45 MK111 22LR, 5.5" bull barrel.

for your 1st handgun scope, I would start with a 2x(or smaller) power scope, with a big field of view. I would also try to find one that has the biggest range of eye relief.
these values should be comparable, in the specs, of the scopes your looking at.
a scoped 22/45 is a blast to shoot.
good luck!

what I mean by a large eye relief, is that its not picky about how far from your face you hold it. some scopes it seems you have about 4" forward or back from your face/eyes to have any sight picture at all. others are much more generous. field of view is how much of the background you can see when you look through your scope. I have dedicated scoped handguns.
when it comes to scopes, my experience is, you get what you pay for.

what I mean by a large eye relief, is that its not picky about how far from your face you hold it. some scopes it seems you have about 4" forward or back from your face/eyes to have any sight picture at all. others are much more generous. field of view is how much of the background you can see when you look through your scope. I have dedicated scoped handguns.
when it comes to scopes, my experience is, you get what you pay for.

What do you think of this one?

<broken link removed>

Am I going to have to use Rugers scope mount rings?
View attachment 206465

with that base mounted, you should be able to use any WEAVER style rings that are tall enough to clear the bbl/ action.
I have a MKII 22-45 & have to use a different mount.
I put on the lowest rings that would still clear the action, but ended up having to take off my rear sight.
I would save up a little longer, for a better scope.

with that base mounted, you should be able to use any WEAVER style rings that are tall enough to clear the bbl/ action.
I have a MKII 22-45 & have to use a different mount.
I put on the lowest rings that would still clear the action, but ended up having to take off my rear sight.
I would save up a little longer, for a better scope.

What Scope would you recommend?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads