JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I recently got brand new Bushnell Match Pro 4-24x50 scope to use it on my Tikka Tac A1. I tried the scope and I am sending it back to Bushnell for refund. The parallax focus sucks. At 200 yards it is very hard to set parallax focus and after 2-3 shots the parallax focus is all over the place. When I look through the scope, it looks as if a glass element is vibrating. Is it possible that the internal optics is loose? Prior using this scope on my Tikka, I had Crimson Trace 6-20x50 scope and I had never experience any parallax issues with that scope.

A faulty product is always possible. Before sending it back, I would confirm that the eyepiece is properly adjusted to your eye. Lots of tutorials out there on how to do this. He's one.

A faulty product is always possible. Before sending it back, I would confirm that the eyepiece is properly adjusted to your eye. Lots of tutorials out there on how to do this. He's one.
I did all that. I also had another person trying the scope on my rifle and he confirmed the same. It looks that parallax adjusts well at 100 yards, but at 200 yards is is impossible to set clear and crisp view. I also noticed that at infinity parallax is way out of focus.

I recently got brand new Bushnell Match Pro 4-24x50 scope to use it on my Tikka Tac A1. I tried the scope and I am sending it back to Bushnell for refund. The parallax focus sucks. At 200 yards it is very hard to set parallax focus and after 2-3 shots the parallax focus is all over the place. When I look through the scope, it looks as if a glass element is vibrating. Is it possible that the internal optics is loose? Prior using this scope on my Tikka, I had Crimson Trace 6-20x50 scope and I had never experience any parallax issues with that scope.
My first thought would be that the scope is defective. It's also my second and third thought...

Just as a matter of curiosity, why did you replace the Crimson Trace? I have several of the 6-24x56 that I've found to be excellent performers given the price point.

My first thought would be that the scope is defective. It's also my second and third thought...

Just as a matter of curiosity, why did you replace the Crimson Trace? I have several of the 6-24x56 that I've found to be excellent performers given the price point.
I replaced Crimson Trace just to have more magnification for longer range shooting (soon will have access to 400 yards), but now I 100% regret doing it. The Crimson Trace scope was a great scope and I was constantly getting sum 1/2 MOA shots with it. I sold it to a forum member. I already packed the Bushnell scope and it is going back to Bushnell for full refund. Last night I ordered Burris Extreme Tactical XTR II 5-25x50 from Brownells. The scope was at sale for $899, so I could not resist. It seems that this Burris scope has great reviews.

I'm sure you'll be very happy with the Burris. I own a quite a few and have been quite happy. Also, on the off chance you need it, their customer service is exceptional. I had one of my MTAC'S illumination fail. Filled out the form on the website and they had a replacement on the way the same day along with a return shipping label for the failed one.

I'm sure you'll be very happy with the Burris. I own a quite a few and have been quite happy. Also, on the off chance you need it, their customer service is exceptional. I had one of my MTAC'S illumination fail. Filled out the form on the website and they had a replacement on the way the same day along with a return shipping label for the failed one.
That's good to hear that Burris has a great customer service. I have a cheap Burris Fullfield IV 2.5-10x42 that is on my backpacking rifle and never had any issues with the scope. However, lately I rarely ever use it. I paid for it early last year $99 on Cabela's sale, so for the price it is hard to beat this scope.

I returned the Bushnell scope and got Burris XTR II 5-25x50 scope. I will test that one tomorrow. So far, I am impressed by the optics and mechanics of this Burris scope.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top