JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm guessing a lot of the media in this country would report a lot of people on the forum as "stockpiling an arsenal of military grade assault weapons, ammunition, and survival gear". They don't see a need to have any of it. Therefore, we must be crazy and probably dangerous.

I'm sure the stockpiling threshold changes based on who's reporting it and where they are. What constitutes an arsenal in the Boston area probably doesn't in Wyoming. I'm not even going to comment on what the blogs would say.

When you go through 400-500 rounds in a day plinking at the range in one day and people think 1000 rounds of ammo is excessive, 'people' are misguided about the sport of shooting.

Sadly, I foresee the day when the government requires all guns and ammo be registered.

While I agree with this statement, I believe the broader issue which has far more negative impact, is that gun owners, preppers, survivalists, etc, etc constantly live in a state of paranoia(not looking over your shoulder and hiding behind the blinds paranoia) but to a certain degree I think most people would agree with me that it is fear. Fear that your neighbor will blab his ignorant mouth to authorities when he see's you cleaning a gun,a family member who upset for X reason reports you to LLE there are many different scenarious, but my point is to me its tragic that we as responsible gun owners/LAW ABIDEING CITIZENS are demonized by the trash we call a media and by most LE agency's.The people in power are not on our side and we have to be extremely careful who we talk to and what we say.

Sorry if this is a little off topic!

I believe the broader issue which has far more negative impact, is that gun owners, preppers, survivalists, etc, etc constantly live in a state of paranoia(not looking over your shoulder and hiding behind the blinds paranoia) but to a certain degree I think most people would agree with me that it is fear.
Vigilance in defending my rights is not paranoia; Any right not exercised and defended eventually becomes a privilege, and then becomes outlawed.

While I agree with this statement, I believe the broader issue which has far more negative impact, is that gun owners, preppers, survivalists, etc, etc constantly live in a state of paranoia(not looking over your shoulder and hiding behind the blinds paranoia) but to a certain degree I think most people would agree with me that it is fear. Fear that your neighbor will blab his ignorant mouth to authorities when he see's you cleaning a gun,a family member who upset for X reason reports you to LLE there are many different scenarious, but my point is to me its tragic that we as responsible gun owners/LAW ABIDEING CITIZENS are demonized by the trash we call a media and by most LE agency's.The people in power are not on our side and we have to be extremely careful who we talk to and what we say.

Sorry if this is a little off topic!

That is exactly why I have begun to pick up some my UPS packages at their local facility, buy most of my ammo with cash and guns from others instead of filling out the stupid forms. I do not talk to neighbors or coworkers anymore about guns, ammo, food or what not, I just oh yeah that stuff and shrug it off, that way it leaves them with no where to go with it.

The Manchester police should be forced to return everything to the guy and pay him a million dollars for invading his privacy

That is exactly why I have begun to pick up some my UPS packages at their local facility, buy most of my ammo with cash and guns from others instead of filling out the stupid forms. I do not talk to neighbors or coworkers anymore about guns, ammo, food or what not, I just oh yeah that stuff and shrug it off, that way it leaves them with no where to go with it.

I hear ya on this. On the one hand it's fun to share my gun hobby with others and I'd like to think I've opened a few minds to the fact that not everyone who owns an AR is a drug dealer or mass murderer. On the other hand some of my neighbors would probably sh*t bricks and call 911 if they saw the inside of my safe. It's probably prudent to keep your gun stuff a little on the down low.... although honestly I feel a lot more relaxed about it than I did in the 90's. I think that "gun culture" acceptance has grown a bit in the last decade or so.

Yeah you know the people who would 9II on you for having an AR in house because they think you are a criminal, are the ones when SHTF who are going to run over to your house demand that you protect and feed them. I mean that seriously to everyone who reads this, it will happen that way. My nosey retired neighbor watch neighbors are mostly going to be on their own, because they are sitting around drinking beer (nothing wrong with beer) all day or watching and noting every time someone farts are going to be knocking on my door and I am going to be long gone.

Thats the way these wacko's are, they are too ignorant to see what is going on or refuse to believe it and are trying to pretend they live in perfect world. I know people who have live though this kind of crap and they all agree, prepare to be self reliant and only buddy up with those who benefit you, if they are a liability cut them lose now, if you do not they will be a drain on when crap happens and will gang up on to try and take what you have.

if the guys story is to be believed then this is a case of a Wife trying to get her soon to be EX in trouble with a bunch of coaching from outside parties that appear to have taken the game WAY TO FAR.

The cops just got roped into doing her dirty work. And it sounds like the wife will be getting her butt in some trouble over the whole deal.

IF the guys story as posted here is the truth or real close to it.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top