Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

What constitutes stockpiling?

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by tlfreek, Sep 25, 2011.

1. tlfreek

tlfreek Vancouver WA Active Member

2. deadeye

deadeye Albany,OR. Moderator Staff Member

I didnt see anything to be considered stock piling just alot of media hype in a state that I wouldnt live in. The grenades look to be smoke and rubber ball type.

Redcap and (deleted member) like this.
  3. ogre

ogre Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

It is crap media hype like this that makes my a$$ want to chew tobacco.

Kevatc and (deleted member) like this.
  4. Kevatc

Kevatc Oregon Well-Known Member

Not exactly sure what this guy did wrong. If he came by all is guns, ammo, meds honestly and didn't commit any crimes then I am at a loss for why SWAT had to come into the picture. The only thing I will say is if there is substance to the threatening comments and the accusations of aggressiveness and paranoia then I would feel better knowing this guy wasn't living close to me anymore. Sometimes I think people can tend to get caught up in the hype of doom and gloom and then everything begins to look gloom and doom. Also, that guy had an impressive little arsenal going. I am just wondering if things went as bad as he seemed to think they were going to how would all those different guns of different calibers going to really help? I am sure it made him feel good on some level to have all that stuff but in reality you can only shoot one at a time bud.

mjbskwim and (deleted member) like this.
  5. saxon

saxon springfield Active Member

if the government had its way anything more then one or two guns and maybe 20 rounds for each would be stock piling
    LMAO explosive hand grenade lmao so smoke renades are now considerd explosive gernades lol

6. deadeye

deadeye Albany,OR. Moderator Staff Member

That was just a small collection and having a diversity of calibers can be a good thing.

7. swoop

swoop Milwaukie, Oregon Well-Known Member

His wife's an idiot! Bet she's going to be his x-wife soon. A good lawyer should be able to get his CCL back, and maybe a fat check from the city.

8. MrNiceGuy

MrNiceGuy between springfield and shelbyville Well-Known Member

It's only stockpiling once someone else finds out about it.

Either they dont think you should have it, or they're jealous that they don't.
    The best policy is always anonymity.

9. Nutty4Guns

Nutty4Guns Portland ADHD Superstar

Someone please show me where having any amount of legally purchased guns and/or ammo is illegal. This is total BS

Buddhalux and (deleted member) like this.
  10. Spray-n-pray

Spray-n-pray Battle Ground Moderator Staff Member

Yup, I have to agree with everyone so far. This guy did nothing wrong, aside from letting his wife know he had so many toys! And Cipro? How dare he have a supply of common antibiotics!?

Nothing like some more good old-fashioned nanny state propaganda to demonize those crazy gun hoarding, acpocalypse expecting, doomsaying preppers! They must be stopped!

Ridiculous.........

11. Spray-n-pray

Spray-n-pray Battle Ground Moderator Staff Member

By the way, the SWAT team involved............... your tax dollars at work.

12. FarmerTed1971

FarmerTed1971 Portland, Oregon, United States Well-Known Member

Playing devils advocate here... What if he seriously has some mental issues? It said he had amassed all that in a short period of time... Doesn't look like he was swimming in cash. Perhaps his wife just saved some lives.

The media does have a strange way of blowing everything out of proportion though.

13. NuthinFancy

NuthinFancy Seattle Area Active Member

So... that which is not expressly permitted by law is therefore illegal...:huh::paranoid:

What a steaming pile of bubblegum.

14. NuthinFancy

Here is Gregory Girard's side of the story (worth the read, IMHO)
    Beware how much you stockpile - MP-Pistol Index
    continued...

15. NuthinFancy

part 2

tlfreek and (deleted member) like this.
  16. tlfreek

tlfreek Vancouver WA Active Member

like I always said....book clubs and guns dont mix.

17. mjbskwim

mjbskwim Salmon,Idaho Well-Known Member

Do all of you that post your guns on the "Show your guns" thread see this? How about the guy on here from Puyallup that posted all his FALs?

You never know when someone will talk to the wrong person and get all scared about your guns. Really the main reason I move from the city.Too many looky loos
    You have a bad day working on the car and smack your hand.The cussin' starts.
    Man does he have a temper? Oh wait,he has GUNS!!!
    Oh my!

I better not say how many rounds I bought from the Washugal ammo man today.

EMP9596 and (deleted member) like this.
  18. Kevatc

Kevatc Oregon Well-Known Member

I have no issue with his collection or it's diversity. But in the context of the news story in the link the point I was trying to make was that the diversity and size of his collection wasn't going to be much help if things really went south of cheese.

Cipro is a pretty powerul drug. Misuse it and somebody gets a superinfection. I am surprised a doc wrote him up for what appeared to be a fair amount of it. Probably spendy too.

19. RB87

RB87 Oregon Active Member

"comprised of 40-something radical feminist ultra-liberal city-dwelling woman despise me because I am conservative. My wife, who was a
    psychiatrist (M.D.), and in a very high profile leadership role in a Boston area medical facility, was the only one still married."

Yup, not surprised. My first thought after they said his wife was "frightened and called it in", was "ooh, this is possibly round one in her divorce action.

20. HappyRoman

HappyRoman Sherwood Forest Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Stockpiling? humm, preparedness. Makes more sense.