JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I didnt see anything to be considered stock piling just alot of media hype in a state that I wouldnt live in. The grenades look to be smoke and rubber ball type.

Not exactly sure what this guy did wrong. If he came by all is guns, ammo, meds honestly and didn't commit any crimes then I am at a loss for why SWAT had to come into the picture. The only thing I will say is if there is substance to the threatening comments and the accusations of aggressiveness and paranoia then I would feel better knowing this guy wasn't living close to me anymore. Sometimes I think people can tend to get caught up in the hype of doom and gloom and then everything begins to look gloom and doom. Also, that guy had an impressive little arsenal going. I am just wondering if things went as bad as he seemed to think they were going to how would all those different guns of different calibers going to really help? I am sure it made him feel good on some level to have all that stuff but in reality you can only shoot one at a time bud.

if the government had its way anything more then one or two guns and maybe 20 rounds for each would be stock piling
LMAO explosive hand grenade lmao so smoke renades are now considerd explosive gernades lol

Also, that guy had an impressive little arsenal going. I am just wondering if things went as bad as he seemed to think they were going to how would all those different guns of different calibers going to really help? I am sure it made him feel good on some level to have all that stuff but in reality you can only shoot one at a time bud.

That was just a small collection and having a diversity of calibers can be a good thing.

Yup, I have to agree with everyone so far. This guy did nothing wrong, aside from letting his wife know he had so many toys! And Cipro? How dare he have a supply of common antibiotics!?

Nothing like some more good old-fashioned nanny state propaganda to demonize those crazy gun hoarding, acpocalypse expecting, doomsaying preppers! They must be stopped!

Ridiculous.........

Playing devils advocate here... What if he seriously has some mental issues? It said he had amassed all that in a short period of time... Doesn't look like he was swimming in cash. Perhaps his wife just saved some lives.

The media does have a strange way of blowing everything out of proportion though.

Here is Gregory Girard's side of the story (worth the read, IMHO)
Beware how much you stockpile - MP-Pistol Index
Posted 01 November 2010 - 06:18 AM

Gregory Girard's Story -- introduction and ending, but no middle.

I was the victim of several very serious crimes committed by my soon-to-be ex-wife and one of her book club friends. Her entire book club, comprised of 40-something radical feminist ultra-liberal city-dwelling woman despise me because I am conservative. My wife, who was a
psychiatrist (M.D.), and in a very high profile leadership role in a Boston area medical facility, was the only one still married. They had been working
on her to divorce me for some time. Ultimately they came up with a plan that would enable my wife to "get it all" and be a widow (first choice) or divorced. The goal was to have my son (16 at the time, and my son from a prior marriage) and I killed resisting a massive police raid -- wife was convinced we would resist. Wife gradually became more of a sociopath over the last few years and there were other incidents that were problematic. She was truly brialliant by any measure and at 45, had a physique and look that would have enabled her to be a Victoria's Secret model, and she was very successful at her work. All these gifts in one person are a burden that can have a severely corrupting influence on the mind, and it really did. This plan I mentioned was the result. The idea was that if I survived the incident, she would use her considerable credentialed influence to have me involuntary hospitalized by pulling all the right strings, using her connections, or if I ended up in jail, she would do everything possible to keep me there. The plan was complicated and it involved different roles for the two woman.

Those two woman set-up the police raid and took every possible action to incite the most force possible. Local police, state police, and BATF were all contacted and involved. There are NO LAWS AGAINST INDOOR RANGES IN MASSACHUSETTS even if they are in a condo complex. It is the unit owners responsibility if something goes wrong. There are no laws about parking too close to a gas meter either, even though if you lopped it off you could blow up the neighborhood. I live in a very large historical home built from the start as a duplex. We have one side of the house, thus it is the same as a single family in most respects. I was doing ductility testing on some aluminum plate samples to measure deformation relative to impact of various weights of 22LR bullets. It was small apparatus like you might see on CSI. It had been set up about 2 days before the raid and was related to collecting data to be used in the selection of materials that I would use in my work. It was completely enclosed for all the worry worts out there that wear plexiglass facemasks and helmets when they open champagne bottles. It was a NON-ISSUE in the whole matter. It is only an issue when someone does not know the law or makes other assumptions that are not true.

The police raid was massive with 23 local, state, and federal law enforcment officers evacuating the neighborhood area. Men with guns and surveillance vehicles were there. The TV crews all showed up, apparently called by the police. The cops when wild tearing the whole house the bits. After three hours they found nothing illegal. They took my 15 firearms "for safe keeping" because they have to suspend my Class A "License to Carry" so I did not have a valid license. My wife still did have her Class A License To Carry. That is a permit for conceal carry, high capacity, and all kinds of cool stuff. We both had one with no restrictions. But the coppers wanted to make publicity movies that are going to cost them quite a lot eventually.

Funny, the media made a huge deal out of 15 firearms and some other defensive supplies like body armor, batons, and cuffs. Essentially everything was described as illeagal and high powered, even the plate of metal on my bullet backstop. Must be that all this defensive gear, like rifle plate body armor, was intended for some terrible crime I had planned, like sailing internationally. I have a 43' long sailing yacht specifically outfitted for long distance (ocean-crossing) ocean voyages. There is an armory cabinet up near the bow and one near the stern. Each one has a rifle, shotgun and pistol, along with a baton, 4 sets of cuffs, ammo box, rifle plate body armor, level III helmet and face shield. You see, there are no police at sea, but there are plenty of criminals in the waters out and around many places looking to rape, rob, and pillage boats entering and leaving ports. And there is virtually never any one else around. The water is three miles deep. An unarmed crew virtually never survives, and even an armed crew are often wouned and could die because help can be days away. These defensive items made for a great survivalist story because they were stored for the winter in black storage bins in my house. My wife knew this and figured it would working into the overall theme she had conceived of the psychotic violent extremist. Among the stored gear were Coast Guard required smoke signaling devices. Perfect, she thought ---GRENADES! The are little smooth black spherical things with short neck that give off 30 seconds of non-toxic smoke. At the right time in the plan, they were described to the police as Green, and pear shaped and the looked like a pineaple. That is the description of the MK2 explosive fragmentation grenade that everyone who has ever seen a war movie is familiar with. The civilian and military term for the MK2 since WWII has been "the Pineaple"
continued...

part 2
It would take pages of description to tell the "meat" of the story. There are many twists and turns. There is not one single word ascribed to me by the media that I actually said. All those quotes were provided to the police by my wife and her friend as part of the plan to make me look totally gonzo. Just the same, I had to got to Bridgewater State Hospital for a 30 evaluation with all the real lunatics. They were the first to detect the farce and sent me back to jail with and evaluation that said NO SIGNS OR SYMPTOMS OF MENTAL ILLNESS and NO TREATMENT RECOMMENDED.

At one point, the Manchester-by-the-Sea Police had hit me with 14 ridiculously stupid felony charges and one misdemeanor. I could not get bail because of the Massachusetts 58A "dangerousness" statute, which would take a while to explain. It is unconstitutional. After 84 days in jail (30 days in Bridgewater), Bridgewater has officially declared all the outragous mental health allegations false and all but 2 charges were dismissed. I had no less than eight court hearings to attempt to get bail and my total legal fees were over $100,000. I had 2 homemade flash suppressors for use on the boat the police said were silencers, and the 500 foot shooting charge was only still in existance because it a $500 find misdemeanor that we could easily look up and show the judge did not apply to indoor ranges (indoor ranges are EXPLICITLY allowed). So, it was just the silencer charge. I had a trial date and felt I could easily prevail.

However, it was on that eight hearing that the judge made it rather clear that he "got it" about what was going on and that he was disinclined
to let this alleged silencer issue go to trial. He said to the DA and my lawyer "Isn't there some way we can just wrap this up right now?" The DA was a total bubblegum and was a another feminist gun-hater. She would not give an inch. My lawyer knew what the judge was looking for, and told me we are going to propose that this last charge be continued without a finding. But we needed to put some good consessions in so that the judge could represent he did not just vaporize the charge, but fully looked after the interests of the community. So we added a regular
psychiatric eval with reputable psychiatrist after release and a probationary period when I would not play with guns. When the probation is over, my license is reinstated and I can take possession of all my firearms. I retain a perfectly clean criminal record. It seemed like a much better deal that
hanging around rotting in jail for two more weeks waiting for a trial that had a chance of going wrong. I think the judge handled the part well.

I would urge my detractors and other critics to take moment to notice that did not break a single law at any time. You can be sure if I did,
the charges would not have been so easily dismissed or continued without a finding. I literally did NOTHING wrong.

That was the end. The cuffs came off and judge said "Mr. Girard, You'll have to find a new hobby for while. I wish you well."

He basically did just vaporize the last charge because just taking 4 years off (3.5 years now) is far preferable to risking an unpredictable
outcome at a trial that could give me a felony conviction. Chances are I would almost surely prevail; howevery the option the judge would
except of continuing without a finding ended that minute with no risk of tarnishing my record. It was a no-brainer.
Unfortunately, just about every other part of my life was totally destroyed. That is another tale to sad to tell.

After I was released, I had all my firearms and ammo transferred to a buddy. He is now in plinkers heaven enjoying them to their fullest.

Currently, a $10 million medical malpractice lawsuit against my wife (her insurance company) is being filed, likely in a few days. It tells the WHOLE story and is a great read. Since it will be publicly disclosed when filed, I would prefer to simply post it on this sight for those interested. Feel free to distributed it as widely as you like. You can read that to find out what this plan entailed and how it worked.

An official complaint to the Massachusetts Medical Licensing Board was filed about 2 weeks ago. It is likely the will revoke
her license to practice medicine, and that will apply all over the U.S. An Application for Criminal Complaint was filed a few weeks ago. The hearing was on Friday and the results will be available in a few days. The charge would be against my wife and her friend for BOMB THREAT WITH SERIOUS PUBLIC ALARM, and CONSPIRACY as it relates to that crime. The BOMB THREAT carries a minimum sentence of 3 years in prison, and a range of 3-20. CONSPIRACY significantly adds to it. The raid on my home was the largest in the history of the whole region. There will be an additional civil suit against my wife, her friend, and several others involved for an undisclosed sum after that.

For the record, I am a registered Republican with generally mainstream conservative views, perhaps Constitutionalists is the best description. I am not a "government conspiracy type," whatever that is, nor do I belong or or am active in any militia groups, though it would be might right to do so and I may choose to in the future. I am a long time NRA member and a member GOAL, which is the primary Massachusetts gun owners organization (Gun Owner's Action League). I was a Boy Scout for many years, and I am an avid ocean sailor and mountaineer, among other things.

It's only stockpiling once someone else finds out about it.

Either they dont think you should have it, or they're jealous that they don't.
The best policy is always anonymity.

Do all of you that post your guns on the "Show your guns" thread see this? How about the guy on here from Puyallup that posted all his FALs?

You never know when someone will talk to the wrong person and get all scared about your guns. Really the main reason I move from the city.Too many looky loos
You have a bad day working on the car and smack your hand.The cussin' starts.
Man does he have a temper? Oh wait,he has GUNS!!!
Oh my!

I better not say how many rounds I bought from the Washugal ammo man today.

That was just a small collection and having a diversity of calibers can be a good thing.

I have no issue with his collection or it's diversity. But in the context of the news story in the link the point I was trying to make was that the diversity and size of his collection wasn't going to be much help if things really went south of cheese.

And Cipro? How dare he have a supply of common antibiotics!?

Cipro is a pretty powerul drug. Misuse it and somebody gets a superinfection. I am surprised a doc wrote him up for what appeared to be a fair amount of it. Probably spendy too.

"comprised of 40-something radical feminist ultra-liberal city-dwelling woman despise me because I am conservative. My wife, who was a
psychiatrist (M.D.), and in a very high profile leadership role in a Boston area medical facility, was the only one still married."

Yup, not surprised. My first thought after they said his wife was "frightened and called it in", was "ooh, this is possibly round one in her divorce action.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top